BA sale

New Amex ‘£10 back on £35 Amazon spend’ deal – were you targetted?

Last night, many of us received emails from American Express advertising another cashback deal with Amazon.

You will receive £10 back if you spend £35 on amazon.co.uk before the end of July.

image

American Express has gone to great lengths to ensure that, this time, Head for Points readers do not take all of the 15,000 registration spots!

You can only register if you received the email.  Even then, you can only register the American Express card which is mentioned in the email.  In my case, it was my very rarely used SPG Amex.

If you did receive the email, register ASAP by clicking the button in the message.  Those 15,000 registration spots will not last long.

Remember that you do not need to buy anything now.  The easiest thing to do is to buy a £35 Amazon gift card and add the credit to your Amazon account for later in the year.  That is what I did last time with the three Amex cards I registered.

The process is very simple and only takes a few minutes:

Step 1:  Go to the Amazon UK gift card store here and order a £35 gift voucher, to be emailed to yourself

Step 2:  Remember to pay with the American Express card which you registered for this offer

Step 3:  When you e-gift card arrives, there is a link in it. Click on it and the £35 credit will be automatically deposited into your Amazon account.

Step 4:  At roughly the same time as the e-gift card arrives, you will receive an email from American Express confirming that your £10 cashback has tracked.

The credit will sit indefinitely on your Amazon account and will be applied automatically towards future orders.

The Amazon links above include our affiliate details, and Head for Points will receive a small referral commission on anything you buy.  If you intend to buy some ‘real stuff’ instead of a gift card, our link to the Amazon UK home page is here.  Thank you for your support.

(Want to earn more miles and points from credit cards?  Click here to visit our ‘Credit Cards Update’ page or use the link in the menu bar at the top of the page.)

LAST DAY: Qatar £1,000 and Turkish £750 business class flights to Asia
Got the Etihad credit card? Get a free upgrade to the Heathrow Rewards premium tier

Hilton India and SEA sale
BA sale

Comments

1. Modern Day Sinbad says:

I got this for my Gold credit card, the companion to the Preferred Rewards Gold card, registered and bought a gift card for £35 but have yet to receive the email from Amex confirming the offer was tracked! Fingers crossed it’ll show up on my statement.

I’m loving the recent wave of offers from American Express. Long they may continue.

MDS

2. Modern Day Sinbad says:

Slightly off topic but has anyone had problems redeeming multiple gift cards for purchase? Just wondering I will have any problems showing up at House of Fraser with eight gift cards! Four One4All and four HoF ones.

Thanks,
    MDS

3. Deeside Dave says:

Purchased £35 Amazon gift card 3 hours ago with BAPP AMEX card.Receieved e gift certificate and saved to my Amazon account but no e mail confirming £10 credit yet .Also noticed on my Amex account that Amazon have charged an extra £1 as a separate transaction.

4. Hi guys.
    Sorry for the OT question. I had a free BA Amex card and I’ve spent more than 10k, so I’ve upgraded to the BAPP and I still got the voucher, which does now appear in my BA account. But, and this is a big but, the voucher is only valid for 12 months, not 24 months!

Should I refer it to Amex or BA, or because I was lucky to get it after I’ve already spent the 10k, should I just leave it as is?

Thanks.

5. Deeside Dave says:

Thanks for that Bob

6. I got the email on my free BA card, I missed the last set of Amazon offers as I didn’t read about it until after it had all ended, used your affiliate to buy a £35 gift voucher.

7. fiona says:

I got the offer on my new gold amex on Friday and used it then. No email confirmation yet. The one day I didn’t pick up on my HFP email immediately, I missed the last Amazon promotion.

• Grimz says:

I have also bought the Amazon gift card but no email from Amex confirming it has tracked.

8. Empers says:

I had this offer via my Spg Amex which I use regularly. Clicked the link to register for the offer. Strangely the offer did not appear in my saved offers section. Undeterred I claimed last night via headforpoints link. No email although I can see the payment is still pending. Fingers crossed!

9. Roger says:

We were not targetted this time.

I have a question about the Post Office £5 credit on min £10 spend. I registered 4 cards and used them all at the Post Office. All 4 show up as purchases but only 2 credits show. I suspect the 2 missing credits are from purchases using contactless cards.

Does anybody have a convenient method of retroclaimng, e.g. by e-mail? Thanks.

• Phone CS is easiest or just buy again x2

• My credits from contactless payments ar PO did track fine but they took a few days longer than chip and pin payments.

I also never got the confirmation email, but the credit did arrive after about a week.

• My contactless tracked fine at the PO

10. Roger says:

Thanks very much for the advice on missing credits. I’ll phone.

Sure, it’s only £5 a go and my time is worth more, but what are we here for? 🙂 Two phone calls must be worth a try.