Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

New! Earn Avios with taxi app Hailo

British Airways Executive Club launched a new partnership yesterday with taxi hailing app Hailo.

If you register your BAEC number in the Hailo app, you will earn Avios for every ride you take in London.  You will earn 1 Avios for every £1 spent.

Until 31st December, new Hailo customers will earn 400 bonus Avios on your first London airport transfer and 100 Avios on each subsequent airport transfer.  Existing Hailo customers will receive 100 Avios per transfer.

Hailo Avios

To add your BAEC number to your profile, do the following:

Click the Account icon in the upper left corner of the app

Go to Profile

Click on British Airways Executive Club number

Enter your number – all done!

You will only get this option if you are in London and you will only earn Avios on rides in London.

The 400 bonus Avios for new customers are triggered by a journey to any London airport – Heathrow, Gatwick, City, Luton or Stansted.

More details can be found on the Hailo site here.

I don’t know of any codes for free Hailo sign-up credit which still work – STANDARD10 expired on Monday.  Please post below if you know of any.

PS.  Remember that you can earn 400 Avios in Iberia Plus just for registering with the Spanish version of Hailo – no rides required!  This ONLY works on Android phones because you need to fool the app into believing that you are Spain and this hack cannot be done with an iPhone.  I explained how to do it in this article.

(Want to earn more Avios?  Click here to visit our home page for the latest articles on earning and spending your points and click here to see our list of current Avios promotions.)

Comments (11)

• Heathrow Local says:

Is there any definition of what a “London airport transfer” is. I could very easily go and park off the Bath Road, take a cab to a central area terminal and the bus back.

• Paul says:

My hailo profile has no BAEC field but still shows the Iberia field completed despite being in London. Any ideas?

• Trevor says:

I had this too, but removed my Iberia number, closed my profile (it still showed Iberia), reopened Profile and it then showed BAEC. Entered and saved number successfully.

• How did you manage to delete your Iberia Plus number? Tapping the ‘Iberia Plus loyalty’ field allows you to edit your number, not delete it. If you remove the number and press ‘Done’ an error message stating ‘ Your loyalty number should be eight characters long, please try again’ message.

• gnarlyoldgoatdude says:

Same problem. I borrowed an android phone during the Iberia promotion.
          Now I’m trying to use my own iPhone.
          First of all I didn’t have any options under profile.
          I deleted the app and reinstalled it (although the app store wasn’t showing any updates).
          Now I can see the Iberia number, but cannot remove it.

I’m guessing that it might be an option for android????

• I emailed Hailo on 2nd September explaining I was unable to remove Iberia Plus. No reply from them until yesterday I notice there was an update to the iOS app.

I downloaded the update, removed the Iberia Plus number, forced the app to close then restarted it. When I went into my profile it then showed the BA Executive Club field. I successfully entered my membership number and I’m ready to earn some Avios.

I hope in a future version they’ll accomodate membership numbers for both programs simultaneously and automatic selection of program depending what country you’re in when using Hailo.

• Modern Day Sinbad says:

Grrrrr! I took a Hailo cab to London City airport yesterday!

• Rob says:

I think you may be right, I will amend.

• Daftboy says: