BA Sale

More American Express High Street cashback deals launched

American Express has launched a new wave of cashback offers.

To see what you have been targetted for, log in to your American Express account and click on ‘Offers’ on the statement page.  You should do this for EACH card you have as you will find that the selection of offers varies by card.

Holders of Amex cards from Lloyds, MBNA, TSB and Barclays can register via a special link – see below.

Amex Gold 350

These are the new offers showing across my cards (this list excludes deals I have written about before but which have not yet expired):

15% off your next purchase at Mr Porter before 31st October

£20 back on a £60 spend at morrisons.com before 31st October

£10 back on a £60 spend at Charles Tywhitt before 31st October

£10 back on a £50 spend at GAP before 5th October

£10 back on a £50 spend at Argos before 5th October

£15 back on a £40 spend at Cafe Rouge before 24th November

£10 back on a £50 spend at beautybay.com before 31st October

£30 back on a £150 spend at Karen Millen before 5th October

£15 back on a £100 spend at World Duty Free before 30th September

Apparently there are also Belgo and Bella Italia dining offers as well although I did not receive them.

If you have the Argos deal, remember that you can buy gift cards from there to use elsewhere.  You will still receive the statement credit.

If you have a Lloyds, Barclays, TSB or MBNA American Express, you can register for these offers at the Amex Network site here.  The morrisons.com offer is NOT there but most of the others are.  There is also an ao.com offer (£30 back on £299 spend) at Amex Network which I have not seen elsewhere.

Annoyingly, these offers are NOT on the cardmemberoffers.co.uk site (yet?).  This means that if you have an Amex-issued Amex card and the offer is not showing for you online, you cannot register for it.

Most of these offers have a cap on the number of registrations that will be allowed, so register today if you think you will use them.

(Want to earn more miles and points from credit cards?  Click here to visit our dedicated ‘Credit Cards’ page or use the link in the menu bar at the top of the page.)

Breaking: Tesco to halve earning rate on Tesco Clubcard MasterCard
Bits: Etihad business sale with triple miles, hotels.com sale

BA Sale

Comments

1. Rob, Bella Italia IS out there-had it on two golds, BAPP and basic. £20 off £45 and credit showed in two days.

• Can also confirm this. £20 off £45 spend. I assume that this is total spend and includes drinks. Did look for exclusions in T&C but none there.

2. TrainDriverSparky says:

I had mostly the same offers appear in my BAPP account as Raffles. I saved the ones I wanted (Argos, Morrisons. GAP, World Duty Free), but they now seem to have vanished from my account. Where have they gone?

• Just under where it says “Offers Tailored for you” there’s a little button saying “My Offers”. Are they now on that list?

• Click the big offers tab, below you will see ‘my offers (x)’ in smaller text and lighter font. Click on that and you will see the offers you saved already.

• After saving to your card that appear under My Offers?

3. Joe Yates says:

Morrisons also fo giftcards, so thats printing money!

4. Johnny5a says:

strange for myself and my wife. Not a single offer on any of our 4 cards ….

5. Can you definitely purchase gift cards with the Argos offer, as it says in T&C’s that such transactions is ineligible.

• Yes. How does Amex know what you bought? I think that rule means ‘you can’t buy Argos gift cards in Tesco and have it count’.

There is an Argos collection point at Cannon Street tube station now for the benefit of the HFP City readership.

• It’s worked in the past.

• cheekychappi says:

anybody got definite information on whether amazon giftcards can be bought @ argos?

I’ve checked 2 argos stores and the giftcard range was eclectic/ no amazon

doesn’t necessarily mean you can’t do it

• Bought last year a espresso maker for almost half price by buying 3 x £50 Argos gift cards at Argos. Last year there was £25 off per £50 spend.

• Was it last Christmas or the one before?
        I bought 9 x £50 paid Visa cards 🙂

• Little reminder for anyone else who has been concentrating spend on other cards and still has these visa cards knocking around… £3 annual fee charged on them in 11th month after purchase. Don’t let them take back any of that hard earned free money!

• cheekychappi says:

fair point but why wouldn’t you process them within a few days?

• Just a) prioritising further amex spend to trigger a voucher and another sign up bonus and b) working the tesco MC/fuelsave. I got 4 of these visas but it has been basically ‘pointless’ to spend them while i had other targets to meet. Now is the time though…

6. Wonder how long it’ll take for stuff to get to cardmemberoffers. the site seems to be updated very little these days with few of the offers getting there.

Alternatively, https://network.americanexpress.com/connect/uk/en/default.html for non-amex issued Amex cards currently has Argos, Gap and 10% off Enterprise rentals. Though I generally find car rental prices are higher with “discount codes” or if you are already signed in, so unlikely to use this one. Was sad not to see Morrisons, but happy to read it’s online only in which case of no relevance to me.

• It does seem crazy that if you go to the shop and pick the goods and take them to the checkout and drive them home you will pay £60.
      If they trail round finding your goods and deliver them to you at your choice of time for a nominal charge they will only charge you £40.
      No wonder their profits are down.

7. Gin and Tonic Please says:

The Belgo offer is pretty good: £25 off when you spend £50 before 24 Nov. Might be tempted to try it again – haven’t been in years. Also I have 10% off Mr Porter, not 15%.

I still can’t figure out why I get most of the offers on my BAPP but hardly any on my Platinum…

8. Argos sell other gift cards like pay cards for instance..

9. Has the morrisons offer been pulled? It is the only offer I would definitively use, but it is the only one that does not show up for me.

Maybe because I have used Ocado offer previously?

10. pointsarb says:

Yes there is value in the £50 gospendit Visa cards with this offer. I picked up 7 yesterday from Argos giving a net cost (allowing for the £3.95 fee per card) of £44 per card once the £10 is credited back from Amex on each purchase over £50.

Used all 7 cards immediately to pay down some self assessment taxes so on this occasion Amex is paying £42 of my tax bill for me. Can’t argue with that!

• cheekychappi says:

slightly better than that as you get your amex mr points

• Sandgrounder says:

The pay.com cards now work with HMRC again if you use the new Worldpay option. Which would have worked out a little better. Provided your branch of Argos carry them of course.

11. Cant seem to find the World Duty Free offer on Lloyds link. Is it an Amex-issued Amex card offer only?