Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

100% bonus on Heathrow Rewards transfers (it makes the sign-up promo worth 6,000 Avios!)

Heathrow Rewards, the loyalty scheme for shopping at Heathrow, has quietly launched a 100% bonus on transfers to various airline programmes.

This is not mentioned on the front pages of the Heathrow Rewards website.  However, when you go to the page to redeem Avios (log-in required) it says:

Earn double miles on all Heathrow Rewards Points to Avios transfers before 31 December 2015

The same message appears under:

Emirates Skywards

Virgin Flying Club

It does NOT appear for:

Etihad Guest

Lufthansa Miles & More

Heathrow Rewards

This is why the deal is especially interesting:

As I wrote last week, you can currently earn 3,000 Heathrow Rewards points by opening an account and spending £100 in one day.

This is a very generous offer – the most generous I have ever seen, actually.

Combined with this transfer bonus, it is fantastic.

Open a Heathrow Rewards account, spend £100 in a day and you will receive your 3,000 points.  Convert these to Avios, Emirates or Virgin and you will receive 6,000 miles!

Whilst the 3,000 point offer runs until February, the ‘double miles’ offer requires you to make the transfer by 31st December.  You should therefore try to make your £100 spend before Christmas to ensure the points arrive at Heathrow Rewards before 31st December.  You might be pushing your luck if you make a transaction between Christmas and New Year.

You can read more about the 3,000 points sign-up bonus in this article.

It would also double up with the ‘up to 15,000 points for a jewellery or electronics purchase’ promotion that is currently running.  I wrote about that one here.  Spend £4,000 and your 19,000 points (15,000 bonus points plus 4,000 base points) would earn you 38,000 Avios.

(Want to earn more Avios?  Click here to visit our home page for the latest articles on earning and spending your points and click here to see our list of current Avios promotions.)

Comments (69)

• PlaneSimple says:

I’m currently away but travelling home through Heathrow in a couple of weeks. I am not currently a Heathrow Rewards member. If I sign up today will I be able to (before 2 weeks time and getting my card which will be sent to my home) download a virtual card to use at arrivals in Heathrow?

• Rob says:

Yes, you can download the card on an iPhone. At worst, retro claim the points – they go on within 48 hours in my experience. Last time I did it I took a photo of my receipt, emailed it and it was added with no problem.

• Tilly71 says:

Can you combine or merge points between two different heathrow rewards accounts?

• Lawro says:

You certainly can. Can be done by email to customer services or over the phone. Sometimes easier to just take care of by email. Just provide relevant acc numbers and names. Usual transfer time is 2 days roughly.

• Tilly71 says:

Cheers, I did see somewhere you had to call up but email is easier.
        I take it there won’t be any problems as we only signed up my wife today to get the bonus sign up amount to make both accounts 400 points.

• Rob says:

Yes, if in different names at same address. It is tucked away in the rules. Needs a call.

• Sean says:

Anyone know when these will credit? Firstly for the initial transfer and then for the bonus – is it applied at the same time?

• Jerry says:

Some answers to the queries above based on recent experience. No WHSmith T5 don’t sell gift vouchers (couldn’t see any in 2 stores airside, anyway). The 3000 bonus points ‘new member spend £100 in one day’ didn’t automatically add, had to ask. A £150 spend in Dixons Travel adds a further 150 + 500 bonus + 100 new member standard points making this deal worth 7500 avios (if points redeemed for avios in double up promotion by 31st December).

• Dave says:

Does anyone know how long it takes to credit to you BA a/c once you request a transfer ?