Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

1,000 Avios when you sign up and take one ride with taxi app Hailo

British Airways and London taxi app Hailo have brought back their generous Avios offer for anyone who has not used the service before.

You will earn 1,000 Avios when you download the Hailo app (from the Apple or Google Play stores) and take your first trip before 31st July.

The journey can be as short as you like.

You must have added your BAEC number into your Hailo profile for this offer to kick in.

Note that you must be physically in London for the app to give you the option of adding your BAEC number.

Hailo Avios

It does not say that this offer cannot be combined with any Hailo promotional codes – although I’m not sure if there are any out there at the moment.

Going forward, you will earn Avios on all of your Hailo trips at the rate of 1 Avios per £1 spent.  The company used to offer a flat 100 Avios if your ride takes you to any London airport but I can no longer find any references to that.

Full details can be found on this page of ba.com – scroll down to the Hailo deal.

Comments (8)

• Joe says:

Can you have both promos, with IB and BAEC, or are they exclusive?

• BigDave says:

tried this but I do not get any options in the ‘profile’ section for Iberia plus nor BA

• Lumma says:

I’m not getting anything for iberia plus when I do this. BA works fine when I’m in London

• Gavin says:

I could add BAEC number in Maidenhead, so it’s not wholly within M25.

I used it twice, first time got the points and the 1000 avios bonus, second time nothing. You have to retro claim by post as well which is ridiculous!

• Chris Job says:

Last time Hailo had this offer I added my BA number and took a ride. I still have not got the 1000 points yet after numerous emails to Hailo. 🙁

• jtz says:

Took me ages to get the points off them last time too.
    As soon as i got the points I deleted my account.

• BigDave says:

apart from trying an older version of the hailo app I cannot enter any ba nor Iberia number anyway and the effort involved so far outweighs the points benefit… I’m sticking to Gett with amex cash back and referral bonus…

• Nathan says:

^ BigDave
    I had the same issue until reading the instructions on ba.com: ‘Your name details here must exactly match that of your British Airways Executive Club membership profile’ the key word being exactly match. After adding my middle name into the first name field in Hailo and clicking submit, a new field appeared in my profile section and it is there where the BAEC number goes.