Agoda launches PointsMAX – a Kaligo-style miles earning booking site
Links on Head for Points may pay us an affiliate commission. A list of partners is here.
You may never have heard of Agoda. It is a Hotels.com-style hotel booking website, originally launched in Asia. It was acquired by Priceline and is now a sister company to booking.com.
The reason that Agoda has become interesting is that it has started to offer frequent flyer miles with every hotel booking you make via a new service called PointsMAX.
This puts it into competition with Kaligo.com, Rocketmiles and PointsHound – PointsHound also being owned by Priceline.
Neither British Airways or Virgin Atlantic are PointsMAX partners, unfortunately. On the upside, it does work with a large number of other airlines where it is often tricky for UK residents to earn miles without flying.
Agoda PointsMAX partners are:
- AirAsia BIG
- Asia Miles
- Delta SkyMiles
- Fortune Wings Club
- Singapore KrisFlyer
- Philippine Airlines Mahubhay Miles (new one to me!)
- SkyPearl Club
- United MileagePlus
- American Airlines AAdvantage
- China Airlines Dynasty
- Eastern Miles
- Malaysia Airlines Enrich
- Ping An Wanlitong (another new one to me!)
- Qatar Airways Privilege Club
- Thai Airways Royal Orchid Plus
The earning rate, based on American Airlines, seems to be roughly 1 mile per £1 spent. There are special promotions on certain rooms. What you won’t see at the moment are any generous new customer bonuses of the sort regularly offered by Kaligo.com or Rocketmiles.
Remember that any room booked via Agoda PointsMAX will NOT earn hotel loyalty points from the hotel itself as it will be treated as a third-party booking. You may or may not get your status benefits depending on the chain and the attitude of the individual hotel.
You can have a play around with PointsMAX to check out the earning potential here.
Hotel offers update – May 2023:
Want to earn more hotel points? Click here to see our complete list of promotions from the major hotel chains or use the ‘Hotel Offers’ link in the menu bar at the top of the page.
Want to buy hotel points?
- IHG One Rewards is offering an 80% bonus when you buy points by 7th June. Click here.
- Marriott Rewards is offering a 30%-50% bonus when you buy points by 2nd July. Click here.
- World of Hyatt is offering a 25% discount, equivalent to a 33% bonus, when you buy points by 2nd June. Click here.