Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

(Now fixed) Tesco glitch – 3,600 Avios or 3,750 Virgin miles for £60 LEGO spend!

Tesco Direct launched two new LEGO promotions on Monday:

1,000 Clubcard points (2,400 Avios) for a £60 LEGO spend

500 Clubcard points (1,200 Avios) for a £30 LEGO spend

These are both attractive deals if you have any lovers of little plastic bricks in your household.

LEGO Star Wars

However, up to midnight on Monday night, Tesco Direct was mistakenly giving BOTH bonuses on a £60 spend.  Buying £60 of LEGO got you 1,500 Clubcard points plus your base points – that was 3,600 Avios or 3,750 Virgin miles.

This deal is now over.  You will only receive the expected 1,000 points (worth 2,400 Avios) on a £60 order.

Even though the glitch has been fixed, you should still take a close look at this deal if you have kids or are expecting to give any presents to a child soon!  LEGO makes a great gift or can easily be resold on eBay.  .

The Tesco Direct home page for this offer is here.

‘Click and Collect’ delivery to your local Tesco store will be free as you are spending £30.  The deal runs until Sunday 31st July.

Comments (72)

• Laurence says:

How annoying, now that I’ve actually got time to order something it’s not working! Now it’s only showing 500 bonus points in my basket even though I’ve got £63 of applicable Lego products in there.

• Lavar56 says:

All finished now it seems.
    £60+ now correctly showing 1000points…

• Waribai says:

Jumped on this yesterday and did click and collect. Not sure now though if I can make it to Tesco before our holiday. If I don’t pick it up, what will happen to my points and any money paid?

• Rob says:

It would be automatically returned after a certain point and your money refunded. Not sure how long they give you.

• James67 says:

It’s two weeks, and it would appear they enforce it rigidly. I thought I might have a few extra days over Christmas and new year given my local collection store was closed for three days but this was not the case. I called customer support and eventually got to reorder (it was either chromecasr or nowtv) at the promotional rate with bonus points even though the offer had ended but they were reluctant.

• Joy says:

I got 1000 poits this morning. When I tried returning goods with points allocated a few months ago the points were taken off.

• Andy S says:

Slightly OT, got an email from BA today saying convert 5 quid or more of tesco points to avios and get entered into a draw for up to 1million avios. Including a nice big “convert now” button.

But the small print says the promotion runs from 1st to 31st August, crafty bu&&ers! I wonder how many people fall for it and convert now – I almost did!

• John says:

The points for all my orders are now showing on my clubcard account – thanks Rob!