(Now fixed) Tesco glitch – 3,600 Avios or 3,750 Virgin miles for £60 LEGO spend!

Tesco Direct launched two new LEGO promotions on Monday:

1,000 Clubcard points (2,400 Avios) for a £60 LEGO spend

500 Clubcard points (1,200 Avios) for a £30 LEGO spend

These are both attractive deals if you have any lovers of little plastic bricks in your household.

LEGO Star Wars

However, up to midnight on Monday night, Tesco Direct was mistakenly giving BOTH bonuses on a £60 spend.  Buying £60 of LEGO got you 1,500 Clubcard points plus your base points – that was 3,600 Avios or 3,750 Virgin miles.

This deal is now over.  You will only receive the expected 1,000 points (worth 2,400 Avios) on a £60 order.

Even though the glitch has been fixed, you should still take a close look at this deal if you have kids or are expecting to give any presents to a child soon!  LEGO makes a great gift or can easily be resold on eBay.  .

The Tesco Direct home page for this offer is here.

‘Click and Collect’ delivery to your local Tesco store will be free as you are spending £30.  The deal runs until Sunday 31st July.

Bits: Groupon / Priority Pass deal, Finnair formalises A350 on Heathrow to Helsinki
My review of Virgin Atlantic Upper Class on the new Boeing 787-9 (part 1)

AMEX Gold 20,000 bonus points

Comments

1. h1tvd says:

just bought £120 worth of lego for my son for collection tomorrow, excellent

2. Dont forget to go via avios shopping portal for an extra 2 avios per £1

3. worked here
    1562 points for 62 spend
    paid with BA Amex for an extra 93 miles
    clicked through avios shopping portal for an extra 124 miles
    Every Little Helps 😛

4. Fantastic! 2 orders through – And they are all on my wanted list so win win.

5. James67 says:

Was waiting for lego promotion to come round again, would have been happy with the 1000 so a great bonus. £240 worth for over 14.5k free avios and Christmas shopping started in July! No eBay hassle for me. Thanks Rob.

6. Clive says:
  7. Kevin says:

Has anyone booked IHG hotels via the HFP double rewards club base points website and eventually receive the extra bonus points on top of your Ellite status base points?

• What do you mean? You don’t get the elite bonus doubled, if that’s what you mean – only base points.

If you mean you haven’t had double base points, wait 28 days then send me the info and I will chase it. Literally 99% have posted ok so far.

• Kevin says:

Raffles,

Sorry for the confusion. I got my elite bonus points but haven’t seen the double base points yet. Perhaps I would need to give it few more days for them to post the double base point. Will definitely send you the information if no sign after 28 days.

8. barnaby100 says:

It might be that if you buy and select click and collect and a tesco metro then decide to refund when you collect that they just do a till refund and no points are deducted. Just to add- I do not intend to do this but that is what happened to me last time with lego and another time with something else It might just be my tesco metro of course.

9. Kevin says:

I got an accelerate target to stay in two different countries outside of my country of residence. May I know if using reward points to book a free night stay would meet the accelerate target?

• No, reward bookings only count towards targets that explicitly require reward bookings (eg targets for a “cash and points” stay) I’m afraid.

10. OT but just got a letter from Halifax saying the clarity card no longer gets the £5 reward from 30th Sept onwards due to cap in interchange fees for MC and Visa.

• Useful, I was about to take one out just for this feature. Many thanks.

11. Awesome post! Jumped on to it, and as of now, its still posting 1,500 bonus club points.