Back in April I shared my first Airbnb experience and since then I’ve used it quite a few times. Just this week I found an Airbnb accommodation for a few friends who are coming to London and had never used the service before.
As well as being a good alternative for leisure travel, Airbnb has recently started targeting the business traveller. Once you have registered as a business traveller you will be offered specific benefits. Plus, after your first business stay you will receive £38 in free Airbnb credit.
You need to have a regular Airbnb account before you can sign up as a business traveller. If you don’t have one yet, you can create your account on the Airbnb website. You can find the how to and whys in this article I wrote in April.
(If you sign up via my refer a friend link here, you will get £25 to spend on your first leisure Airbnb booking.)
How to set up an Airbnb business account and get your £38 voucher
Once your Airbnb account is up and running, visit this page of the Airbnb website, click on get started, enter your work email and confirm the email address.
What are the advantages of having a business account? According to the company:
- Easy to expense and charge to company
- Stay at places ready for business travel
- Business amenities (speedy wifi, workspace, iron …)
- Book a place large enough for the whole team
- 24 hour check-in
- 24 hour business travel agent lines
- Get £38 credit for any Airbnb stay when checking in on your first business stay
Your business travel receipts are kept separate from your other Airbnb receipts and you can even charge the stays directly to your company.
You will only be shown places that fulfill the neccessary requirements for business travel, or at least what Airbnb thinks are the necessary requirements! The company filters out of all the rooms which it believes are unsuitable for travelling professionals.
After your first stay booked via your business account you will receive a £38 credit to use on any Airbnb stay. This does not have to be used for another business stay – it can be redeemed at any Airbnb property.
Whether or not you have given Airbnb a try in the past, the lure of a £38 voucher may tempt you to give the business scheme a go.
Hotel offers update – August 2022:
Want to earn more hotel points? Click here to see our complete list of promotions from the major hotel chains or use the ‘Hotel Offers’ link in the menu bar at the top of the page.
Want to buy hotel points?
- Hilton Honors is offering an 80% to 100% bonus when you buy points by 18th September 2022. The annual limit is doubled to 160,000 points plus your bonus. You can buy here.
- IHG One Rewards is offering a 75% bonus when you buy points by 10th September 2022. You can buy here.
- Marriott Bonvoy is offering a 25% bonus when you buy points by 15th September 2022. You can buy here.