Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

11am update: Contingency plans for the BA strike next Tuesday and Wednesday

British Airways has just released the following guidelines for anyone due to fly next Tuesday and Wednesday:

Proposed industrial action 10 – 11 January 2017

All British Airways customers will be able to fly to their destinations on Tuesday January 10 and Wednesday January 11 despite proposed industrial action by Unite.

All flights to and from London Gatwick will operate as normal

All flights to and from London City will operate as normal

The vast majority of flights to and from London Heathrow will operate as normal

As part of our contingency plan, we will be merging a very small number of flights to and from Heathrow. This will mean some customers will travel slightly earlier or later in the day than their original booking

Customers affected are being contacted with the options available for them.

Customers should be advised to check MMB for the status of their flight

Comments (11)

• Katy storie says:

So I assume that if manage my booking has no changes showing and I haven’t been contacted then my flight won’t have changed? Anyone had any contact from BA regarding any changes?

• Sarah says:

My 19.15 flight was cancelled on 11th (Düsseldorf-LHR). I got a text and email Fri morning. They re-booked me on the 7.10am on 11th despite the fact I only arrive at 15.30 on 10th!!!! Was easy enough to change to the 12th but means extra hotel cost 🙁

• the real harry says:

Good to see the solidarity shown by their fellow higher-paid BA colleagues! 🙂

filling in for a bit more money or just happy to redeploy at a quiet time

I’m all right, Jack!

• Halcyon Days says:

And you know?

• Callum says:

Why should they suffer because of Mixed Fleet? While I have no issues with anyone striking over poor pay (including them),they were employed knowing full well that they’re being paid less than others and will be receiving low pay (despite the union blatantly lying about the amount – surprise, surprise), therefore they don’t get much sympathy from me.

• the_real_a says:

So if i need to cancel my train ticket because my flight goes “a little earlier” i assume that i can bill the union for the £140 the earlier train now costs.

• Dave says:

Billing BA might be more successful… I haven’t checked the details, but my initial thought is that EC261 might be relevant too for a re-booked flight with less than 14 days’ notice?

• John G says:

The union have already taken care of that for you by ensuring your train is also cancelled.

• Nick says:

Sarah, BA has to put you on the ‘next’ available flight that’s available, so if it’s the next day and you need a hotel they will pay for it. They can offer to fly you earlier but it’s only your decision whether to accept it not theirs, especially with less than 14 days’ notice (they can make small changes outside that)-they’ve obviously decided you might want earlier but they will have to pay the hotel if you don’t.

And Mark, please learn your facts before posting generalised (and rather unhelpful) comments. The COMPENSATION part of EU261 doesn’t apply to strikes, true, but the DUTY OF CARE (including rebooking under 14 days) does very much apply, including changes to flights with less than two weeks’ notice.