Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Plaza Premium Arrivals Lounge now open in Heathrow Terminal 4

Plaza Premium has unveiled its new Arrivals Lounge in the landside area of Heathrow Terminal 4.

Regular Head for Points readers will know that I rate Plaza Premium highly.  They invest a lot of money into their facilities, especially in design, and they have a genuinely high end feel.

Plaza Premium Lounge Heathrow Terminal 4 arrivals

I have reviewed (click to read):

Heathrow Terminal 2 departure lounge

Heathrow Terminal 4 departure lounge

Heathrow Terminal 2 arrivals lounge

and liked them all.  The Terminal 2 arrivals lounge is pretty small – although it does have shower facilities – but the two departure lounges are very spacious.

There is also a Terminal 5 departure lounge on the way for the end of 2017 which will hopefully be better than the Aspire lounge.  A Terminal 3 arrivals lounge is also in the works.

The new Terminal 4 lounge – on the mezzanine level in the arrivals hall – has 25 shower rooms, a lounge and bar area and a new-style dining concept, Flight Club, based around healthy eating.

Plaza Premium Lounge Heathrow Terminal 4 arrivals

Capacity is 75 people which means it should be bigger than the Terminal 2 arrivals lounge, albeit only 40% of the size of the upcoming Terminal 5 departure lounge.

It is not yet listed on the Priority Pass (for Amex Platinum cardholders) or Lounge Club (for Amex Gold cardholders) websites.  As the Terminal 2 arrivals lounge is part of both schemes, I imagine that it will be added very shortly.

You can book access for cash via the Plaza Premium website here.

Comments (38)

• Dan says:

Sorry OT: I’m looking to use my annual 241 Intercontinental Ambassador voucher at the intercontinental O2. I don’t believe breakfast is included in the AMB rate (£310 on the nights I’m looking at) but an upgraded room with lounge access is available for £375.

Am I right in assuming that if I pay for the club level room this is a slightly cheaper way to get breakfast (albeit in the lounge) on both nights, plus a nicer room? I’m sure I’ve probably missed something here…

• Leo says:

No I think you’ve set that out correctly. I don’t know how much breakfast is though.

• Dan says:

Thanks Leo, having thought this through, I suppose I could actually technically book the room level below the club level room, given the guaranteed upgrade that comes with ambassador status.

• TGLoyalty says:

Thought club lounge access isn’t guaranteed even if you are upgraded to a club room?

• Leo says:

No longer the case I’m afraid. You either pay for the “Club Intercontinental Experience” in your room rate or in some hotels you can pay an extra fee. Automatic upgrading to a club room via Ambassador does not get you access to the club.

• dan says:

Thanks everyone!! The collective knowledge of HFP readers never ceases to amaze me!!

In that case I’ll pay for the club level room. There aren’t any strings attached if I use the amb voucher and do this are there? I.e I’ll get lounge access on both days.

• Rob says:

No, no strings.

• Brian says:

You could – but doesn’t IHG have a policy that upgrades to Club rooms don’t have lounge access??

• Brian says:

If you pay for longe access you can have breakfast in the restaurant even if your room rate doesn’t include it. At least you could last September.

• RC says:

OT vaguely recall seeing news that Amex was planning a centurion lounge at LHR. Has there been any updates as to when this would happen!?

• Rob says:

Never heard anything about this. Seems a bit of a remote idea given the 4 terminals.

• RC says:

Ah yes got muddled up, I blame it on the easter eggs. think it was HKG rather than LHR, completely different side of the world

• […] Plaza Premium Arrivals Lounge now open in Heathrow Terminal 4 by Head For The Points. When it comes to arrival lounges the only thing I really care about is the showers. Can be useful if you’re waiting for an arriving passenger as well, but as the other arrival lounge requires a boarding pass that’s likely to be the case here as well. […]

• Scottydogg says:

Ive just checked my flight details and typically im flying into LHR terminal 3 which doesn’t have a lounge yet ! anyone have any details of when their arrivals lounge may open ? I’m flying into there on the 3rd of September

• Scottydogg says:

Just to answer my own question , I emailed Plaza to find out about this and they said the landside lounge at terminal 3 will be open in May

• Rob says:

Normally I wouldn’t trust their dates with a large stick but, as May is next week, hopefully we can trust them on this!