Qatar sale: Stockholm to Auckland, business, for £1500 return to December – & earns 600 BA tier points!

I dropped this in as an extra article because I didn’t anyone booking the Copenhagen to Auckland fare (£2,300) that I wrote about in our main Qatar Airways sale feature today without seeing this.

As mentioned in the comments to that article (thank you!) there is an exceptionally good business class fare between Stockholm and Auckland currently available.

This is not part of the main sale and is valid for travel until mid December.

As you can see from the screenshot below, it comes out at 17,368 Swedish Krona:

Qatar Airways Auckland deal

…. which is £1,522 return.

You must use the promo code MASTERCARD – outlined on this page of the Qatar site – to get this price.  It is a couple of hundred pounds more expensive otherwise.

The fare rules appear to be:

Book by 3rd May

Complete travel by 15th December (10th December if using the MASTERCARD promo code)

Minimum stay 5 days

Maximum stay 1 month

No travel 27th June to 27th July or 1st August to 15th August

Ticket is cancellable for a penalty of US$800 (double check this during the booking process – whatever the Qatar site shows is what counts)

You should earn 600 British Airways tier points for this itinerary which is enough for a British Airways Silver card – although you would still need to have taken 4 cash British Airways flights during your current tier point year before you are upgraded.

Between Stockholm and Doha you get a brand new Boeing 787I reviewed that business class product here and the official Qatar 787 page is here.  Between Doha and Auckland you will get an older Boeing 777 – I reviewed that business class product here – but if you very lucky and travel late in the year it might have been refitted with the amazing new QSuite.

Remember that British Airways will no longer check through baggage to other airlines.  If you are transferring on the same day from London leave enough time to collect your luggage, go landside and recheck it.  Coming back, Qatar Airways should check it through to London even if that is on a separate ticket.

The Qatar / Stockholm offers page is here.  Full details of the MasterCard promo code are here.

REGISTER NOW - Hilton launches new 'double or triple points' promotion
Hilton's new 'points pooling' feature is now live

AMEX Gold 20,000 bonus points

Comments

1. I mentioned this on another HfP thread today. Last month when I travelled back from AKL (via DOH to FRA) and had connecting flights from FRA to LCY with BA, Qatar in AKL refused to check my bags through to LCY. They double-checked at my request, but still refused to do so. Not the correct policy, I know but bear in mind if you are on a tight connection (we had 4 hours, so wasn’t a problem).

2. Alex W says:

Mrs W is considering booking a one-way redemption from DOH to LHR and missing the last leg of our Qatar Ex EU and the return BA positioning flight. This gets her home 12 hours earlier than planned, and I would take the original flights with the baggage. Are there any serious risks in doing this or should it be OK?

• Barry cutters says:

No. Make sure you check the bags in in your name and not hers obviously.
      And make sure she checks in for the Qatar flight . This will keep the seat next to you free, and also she will probably still get the tier points /avios.

• Alex W says:

Interesting, thanks for the info. So when she’s a no show, what should I tell them? Or just keep quiet?

• Barry cutters says:

They will see you linked on the booking and ask you.
          just say she isn’t flying .
          Thats all they want to hear to get the flight off the ground.

I’m not saying 100% you will get points , but its likely.
          Happened to me when my missus couldn’t make a Ba001 flight last year.

Also i have often booked a couple of flights in situations where it was cheaper to book a new one way than change the booking.I check in for both and get the points normally,- Both these situations are BA however so could be different.

3. OT
    Anyone used real transfers recently made a booking saturday ,no confirmation email.
    Sent a follow up email ,no response?

Anyone recommend any reasonably prices transfers from central London to heathrow.

• Simple Airport Transfers is one I have used. About £30 from South Kensington to Heathrow. Decent service. You can choose to pay the driver, too, so no need to pay in advance.

4. looks like fare is dead at 15:49

might have been an error fare

• Hope not, or I will need to write another article for the emails tomorrow!

EDIT: no, fare is still there, just checked the dates in the screenshot and it still prices the same

5. Yep – definitely still there

6. NigelM says:
  7. the real harry1 says:

Personal recommendation

8. Damien s says:

I have a BA / AmEx companion voucher – does anyone know if I can redeem on a one world flight like this? Thx

9. Sebastian says:

Is there anything to SYD?

• Go have a look and report back 😉

• JamesR says:

I booked SYD for Nov a few weeks ago. It was down as a promo fare but it wasn’t advertised when I spotted it. I paid around the £2,200 mark Ex-Stockholm.
      Beware the very long layover on the way out!

10. Alex W says:

Having just done the Qatar 787 and 777 yesterday I think I preferred the 777. The bed was more comfortable and nicer layout if travelling as a couple.

11. Louise says:

We’re flying in October. Is that late enough in the ear for Qsuites? 🙂 I’m guessing probably not!

• JamesR says:

Auckland isn’t set so far to be one of the first to have the qsuite on its route.. but things can change. Personally I think it would make sense given that they are using a 777 for one of the longest flights in the world, it seems strange to have your oldest (in some people’s opinion worst) product on it.
      Having said that, with a flight that long you want space.. and the 777 cabin I’d say feels much more open than the others. If your travelling as a couple than it’s absolutely fine.

• Having done very little travel outside cattle class, the current offering looks amazing anyway! I’m looking forward to it regardless

• Andrew (@andrewseftel) says:

Personally, I prefer the 777 if you’re travelling as a couple. Loads of space (four windows for most window seats) and a really comfy seat.