BA Sale

REGISTRATION NOW WORKING: Sign up NOW for BA’s excellent ‘16000 Avios for four short-haul return flights’ promo

As of now (2nd March), you can register for the British Airways potentially very lucrative new bonus Avios promotion.

Until 30th June you can earn up to 16,000 bonus Avios on certain short-haul routes to and from the UK.

In short the offer is:

• Earn 4,000 bonus Avios if you fly four to seven single flights
  • Earn 16,000 bonus Avios if you fly eight or more single flights

There is no restriction on booking classes.  You can even book the cheapest hand baggage only economy fares.

If you manage four return flights over the next four months, you are getting 2,000 bonus Avios per flight (4,000 per return flight).  With hand baggage only fares as low as £28 one way to Bordeaux, this offer represents an excellent return.

Remember that you can use the BA Low Fare Finder tool here to quickly see the routes with the cheapest fares.  The full list of countries which are included in this offer is below.

NOTE: Because the promo was a day late in launching, only flights booked from TODAY – Friday 2nd March – count towards the offer.  Any flights booked yesterday should be cancelled and rebooked under the ’24 hour cooling off period’ rule.

BA A319

How does it work?

In order to earn bonus Avios you must register here prior to booking your flight and include your Executive Club number when booking.

Flights must be booked and completed between 2nd March and 30th June 2018.  Existing bookings do not count.

One way and return flights are both eligible.  One way flights count as one sector and return flights as two.

For clarity – existing bookings made before Friday 2nd March do NOT count.  You should register here to ensure that you do not miss out.

Remember that, if you made a booking yesterday, you can cancel it within 24 hours for a full refund – with no cancellation fees – under BA’s cancellation policy.  Make sure the price has not gone up before you do this ….

Which routes are included?

Flights from and to London (Heathrow, Gatwick, City), Stansted, Bristol, Birmingham, Manchester and Edinburgh to the following destinations are included in this promotion:

Albania, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey and Ukraine

UK domestic flights do not count.

How do you earn the bonus Avios?

You will only earn bonus Avios when flying on a British Airways flight and not on Iberia, Finnair or American Airlines.  Flights with BA franchises such as SUN-AIR, codeshare partners or oneworld alliance members are also excluded.  Avios redemptions do not count although cash bookings part-paid with Avios should be OK.

The promotion cannot be used with any other offer or discount.  Bonus Avios will be awarded by 15th July in a separate transaction at the end of the promotional period.

The website to register for this offer is here.  Remember that you MUST register before making your bookings and that you need to fly before 30th June.

Exclusive Hilton competition just for American Express Platinum cardholders (updated with Amex Facebook ad)
EXCLUSIVE HFP OFFER - Earn up to 10,000 bonus Avios with Kaligo.com hotel bookings!

BA Sale

Comments

1. Sabine Buckley says:

Hi Rob, will this also work if I fly on a flight booked for me today by a third party i.e. do I have to pay and fly or is fly only good enough to qualify?

• 3rd party is fine.

• Andrew says:

Rob, will you awarded 4000 avios per return flight or 4000 avios for 2 retun flights? If so, you wrote 4.000 avios per return flight.

• 16000 Avios for 8 segments which is 4 return flights (although in theory you just need 8 flights, they don’t need to be flown as returns).

2. Catalan says:

Just got an email from BAEC prompting me to register for the offer. No doubt everyone will get one too.

3. Anyone else unable to access the BA website today? Tried on three devices and all I get is a blank screen. The App seems to work OK though.

• Bagoly says:

Yesterday and today.
      So I searched in Google for “British Airways Executive Club” and clicked through on that link which worked.

4. Jamie says:

Interesting offer and always welcome to bonus promos.
    It does remind me of when BA were competing with bmi, you’d get 500 avios per one-way domestic, doubled as a Gold.

I used to get 2000 miles for each of my return trips from London to Glasgow, no promo required. It is nice this promo will be double that again.

5. Would booking a hotel or car hire at the same time count as a discount and mean it wasn’t included? I’m never sure if the discount you get refers to the flight or the extras.

6. Just received email from BA and registered fine – not sure I’ll end up with any flights but no harm in registering just in case!

7. Slightly O/T, but I booked a return to OSL via HEL in CE, mostly on AY metal. The booking is telling me I should earn 170 TP, but the mileage calculator on the site says I should get 240 (80 to HEL, then 40 to OSL each way). Is the prediction wrong, or am I missing something?

• MMB is usually inaccurate when it comes to anything slightly complex. I think 240 TP is right though AY doesn’t have “CE”.

• Thanks. True about the CE comment, the mileage calculator does say Business which is the class I’m in.

8. Blackberryaddict says:

“Sign up NOW for BA’s excellent ‘16000 Avios for four short-haul flights’ promo”

Really? I think it’s only 4,000 avios for four short haul flights.

9. Jose Mattos says:

BA have sneaky just added £10 on the Bordeaux flights as i was booking my 3rd same day return…

Thanks again Rob for the tips

• mate, help me out on this one. How you planning on working out a 3rd same day return back 2 back all in one day. Interested to do the same :).

10. Would the routing MAN->LHR->OTP->LHR->MAN on one booking count for two sectors in this promotion?

11. David says:

Interesting to see whether the many Titan / Germania / etc operated services will count.

• Agree, will most likely give BA a call to find out as it Titan is a wet lease not codeshare or anything like that as stated in the T&C’s…