Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

The tiny loo on the new British Airways A321 aircraft ….

If you are flying on British Airways today, Friday 9th, check to see if you are on any of these routes.  This is where G-MEDN, the first ‘densified’ A321, is heading:

LHR-MAN BA1386 0755
MAN-LHR BA1389 0955
LHR-ABZ BA1308 1210
ABZ-LHR BA1309 1440
LHR-MAN BA1398 1730
MAN-LHR BA1405 1925

BA A321 toilet

A reader was on the Newcastle flight yesterday and generously popped to the loo on behalf of HFP readers and delivered this.  Tight is the word.  I don’t think much of the sink either and I’m not convinced purple ‘mood lighting’ adds much to the, erm, experience.  That said, the reader who took the picture said that she was happy with it, possibly because it was brand new.

Comments (69)

• Chris says:

Try changing a babies nappy in that!!! Plus I apologies in advance – if I do travel in 29 inch pitch seats you WILL have my knees in your back…

• John H says:

I wonder looking at that chart does that mean there will be less fare codes per category ie 11 economy codes exist at the moment 3 PE 5 business and 2 first.
    John

• Trent says:

Yes, the toilet is a standard Airbus option. SAS have it is on their A320neos as well. It’s really tight. That picture is of the smaller one, there is one that is larger as well.

• Andrew says:

It looks like it would be more convenient for most taller blokes to pee in the sink.

• John says:

you don’t think they do already?

(reminder – don’t forget to wash your hands)

• Nick says:

Good to see that BA really followed through on their plans to simplify ticketing and reduce the number of ticket types sold.

If they don’t want people to fly on their planes I do think it would be better if they just came out and said so, rather than this silly policy of daring passengers to see if they can try to get through a flight in economy without gouging our their own eyeballs in frustration.

• Doug M says:

I hate sinks you can’t properly wash your hands in. That’ll look like a wet room after 2 or 3 people have used it.

• Rich says:

I don’t know why they didn’t just put a urinal (or two) in as the second toilet. I’ve seen this on trains in Japan and they take up hardly any space.

• Rob says:

Email arrives from one of our commercial partners. Durex is offering the chance to win a return Eurostar holiday to Paris and would we be interesting in promoting the fact that you can get 30% off a Little Devil Vibrating C*** Ring this week? ……