Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Book an astonishing Manchester – Auckland £1360 deal in the 48 hour Qatar Airways flash sale!

Adjusting for inflation, this is the cheapest fare I think I have ever seen from the UK to Australasia in Business Class.

Last January we had Malaysia Airlines offering London to Sydney in Business Class for £1500 but even that is beaten by this deal.  (The comments below mention a £1100 Garuda deal last year which I missed.)

Until tomorrow (14th), Qatar Airways is selling Manchester to Auckland in Business Class for £1360 return.

You won’t get this deal over the Summer school holidays in July and August but apart from that it is fairly open from April onwards until the pre-Christmas period kicks in.

As usual with Qatar Airways, the deal is one route and one route only.  Birmingham,  Dublin and Cardiff are nowhere close on pricing.  Edinburgh and London departures are about an extra £400.  There are no deals to Sydney, Canberra, Perth etc.  It is Manchester to Auckland or nothing.

These flights will earn 600 British Airways Executive Club tier points return.  That is enough for a BA Silver card although you should remember that you need to have flown 4 one-way cash BA flights in your current membership year before you are promoted.

The aircraft

Manchester to Doha is on a new Boeing 787This has the herringbone seat which I reviewed here and is very impressive.  Qatar has a special website showing off this seat which you’ll find here.

Doha to Auckland is on a Boeing 777.  You might get the new Qsuite but it is more likely that you get the older 2 x 2 x 2 layout which I reviewed here.  It isn’t great for a solo traveller but good for a couple.  And if you are complaining at £1363 then really ….

How to book

You can find out more about the flash sale here.  It ends at midnight on Wednesday.

The UK Qatar Airways booking site is here.

Your best option to maximise your miles when paying is American Express Preferred Rewards Gold.  This offers double points – 2 per £1 – when you when you book flight tickets directly with an airline.  Our review of Amex Gold is here.

Comments (52)

• Gavin says:

Great price, no desire to go down under but if anyone does they should jump on this!

• Steve says:

I’m actually sat here trying to come up with reasons to go to NZ just to take advantage of this offer! Regrettably my two pals that lived out there have now returned….still – I may just do it nonetheless!

• Polly says:

We too are trying hard to find an excuse.. but booked the QR last sale CPH PEN to bring OH to Sri Lanka for the cricket in November. So sadly can’t cancel it and jump on this one. Its such a fab price..any excuse will do really!

• Hingeless says:

I can think of many reasons to go to NZ! I go for weekend breaks from Sydney quite often, would live to go for longe.

• Steve says:

Rob – I am not sure if there is an issue my side (there shouldn’t be) but those links about both the sale and the booking page do not appear to be working……?

• Rob says:

Work fine on my iPhone. Some corporate networks have an issue with our link management software.

• darrenf says:

Not to take away from how stellar this deal is, but Garuda were down below £1100 for LHR-CGK-MEL return just 18 months ago (I know because I went!)

• Kevin says:

Isn’t Doha to Auckland currently the world’s longest flight?

• Trent says:

I love these Auckland deals. My family live in Sydney so I always connect to the LATAM 787 service from Auckland to Sydney and then the first Qantas flight out Sydney to Auckland connects to the return. It’s not much extra travel all considered. Amazing this is from Manchester – great price!

• Andrew (@andrewseftel) says:

Worth reminding that the free overnight hotel stay offer is still going until 31st December 2018. Unfortunately Premium passengers no longer get an upgraded hotel though. https://www.qatarairways.com/en-gb/offers/plus-qatar.html

• Adrian says:

Fantastic price, i was delighted with £1700 from OSL last year, NZ is a beautiful place for anyone who wants to go and these are BKK prices!