BA sale

ALL GONE: Book £55 rooms at the five star Hilton Park Lane in London!

EDIT:  HFP readers managed to snap up all the available rooms within 20 minutes!

To celebrate its 55th birthday, the London Hilton on Park Lane is selling 55 rooms at £55.

The offer was launched at 9am this morning but with very little fanfare.  It seems to be one room per day throughout May and June.

Availability as at 10.50am is very good.   You could get June 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 etc etc.

To book, go to the hotel site here and do a normal search.  You MUST use promo code 55BDAY.

It will show like this if the rate is available:

£55 London Hilton Park Lane rooms

I have booked one for the heck of it and will use it to do a review of the hotel.  My wife and I will pop back the next morning for a free (as Hilton Diamond) breakfast!

The London Hilton Park Lane page is here.

PS.  Click here to read our detailed summary of all UK credit cards which earn Hilton Honors points.  That page is regularly updated with the latest special offers and will still be accurate even if you are reading this article months after publication.

Book the 5-star Sofitel at Heathrow Terminal 5 for £100 or less as a 'Top Secret' hotel
All (?) you need to know about the new merged Marriott and Starwood programme

Hilton India and SEA sale
BA sale

Comments

1. Neil Donoghue says:

Gutted I missed this post Rob – If anything, Hilton should learn a valuable lesson here!! Next time, give the exclusive to HFP

2. There’s plenty of availability at this rate (no need for promo code)

Rate Details ITS OUR BIRTHDAY
    ITS OUR BIRTHDAY 55 PERCENT OFF BIRTHDAY OFFER ROOM ONLY

3. You can still get 55% off using that code!

4. Paul Hickey says:

Thanks Rob, managed to get a room on 25th June as we are down in the big smoke for a concert at Royal Albert Hall. Absolutely perfect for £55!! cheers. OT: I’m passing thru LBA tomorrow if you need any more info on the lounges.

5. luckyjim says:

The correct code for 55% off is ’55xtra’. Valid through May and June.

Other offers include 55p cocktails in April. Search facebook or twitter

#55YearsHiltonParkLane

6. wally1976 says:

OT but Hilton related – any suggestions for best Hilton in the UK (outside London) for a weekend away as a couple using 2 free Hilton nights from the credit cards?

• Waldorf Edinburgh, St George’s Park, Manchester (Beetham Tower), Bournemouth

• wally1976 says:

Thanks Rob, I’ll take a look at those.

I probably should’ve restricted this question to only include England and Wales and also mentioned that we’re Gold members so a good breakfast and preferably lounge access would be good 🙂

• I thought you only got lounge access if you were in an executive type room?

• My partner and I had 2 free Hilton cc nights last year and we redeemed for a lovely weekend at WA Edinburgh. I also timed it with the Hilton status match to diamond (matched from IHG Plat) and they upgraded us to a Jnr Suite for both nights even though my partner is only silver. Edinburgh is fantastic for a weekend, and that matched with £65 virgin east coast advance return first class train tickets I highly recommend using your redemption there!

• Mr(s) Entitled says:

Liverpool Hilton is very good. Easily the equal of Manchester but depending upon your want, perhaps more to do outside of the hotel as a weekend destination.

I stay at Manchester a lot and can’t really fault it but I have known the lounge to be closed and hired out for private functions (it adjoins and provides extra capacity for the rooftop bar). It’s a rare occurance but it might be worth a call to check if it is really important to you.

I’d also throw the DoubleTree Chester into the mix. It’s not the highest value reward but it is a good hotel (spa, extensive grounds) and there is a lot to do in Chester. Perhaps book in around a race weekend when cash prices will be higher and thus your value better. Chester races ladies day in amongst the Cheshire Set is an experience.

• Bear in mind you have to book the spa facilities in advance, i’m looking at this one for an autumn break and there are a lot of disgruntled reviewers on Tripadvisor who struggled to use them.

• Hilton Liverpool City was very good when we were there just before Christmas but don’t rely on the Executive lounge, recent reviews not favourable towards it. When we were there it was the last night the original lounge was open as they were relocating it to the ground floor to make space for new rooms. Also, parking is £11 a day but great location for sightseeing. Great recognition for status as well. We stayed at the Doubletree Chester over Easter and got a recently refurbed room as upgrade but it was heaving with the “Cheshire set” and the staff (who were all very friendly) struggled, but again it is a great location for sightseeing. If I had free night certificates though I think I would prefer to utilise then at somewhere a bit more special though and make the effort to get to a Waldorf, (London was great as was the Conrad St James) but Edinburgh sounds well respected, especially if you have status.

• Also Doubletree Cadbury House Bristol South (very south) is nice

• DanATC says:

Second this opinion, having stayed once a week for the last 5 months! Lovely building, beautiful grounds and views to the coast, great separate health club on-site, Marco Pierre White restaurant (also used for breakfast), and some of the friendliest hotel staff I’ve come across. Half an hour drive into Bristol city.

7. For once non-Londoners are not moaning about something!