Qatar Business Class

Get 10% off your next Qatar Airways flight

Qatar Airways has launched a 10% off promotion for economy flights.

Until 31st May 2018 you can get 10% off economy flights when using the promo code QRTRAVEL.  The discount only covers the base fare, not taxes.

Qatar Airways discount code

The code is valid for travel departing from the UK until 30th April 2019, but there is a peak blackout period.

The booking page is here.

What are the best credit card sign-up deals for May? - plus a news round-up
Could you host a HFP Summer Party?

IHG Your Rate

Comments

1. Duke of Wellington says:

Why don’t you all just come over to Apsley House.
    I will take care of everything.
    See you all soon.

2. Are you sure the Flybe allowance has changed? The BA website still says that a bag is included but their system can’t display it (https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/baggage-essentials/checked-baggage-allowances scroll a long way down). Seems more likely that a call centre agent just didn’t know the rules?

3. pauldb says:

I don’t think that’s right on Flybe. It’s always said no bag on ba.com but it’s an acknowledged error.

The Flybe tab of this page specifically corrects that: https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/baggage-essentials/checked-baggage-allowances

• filipino_chino says:

Well spotted:

“If you’re an Executive Club Member you can have one 23kg bag included in your reward flight costs when you’re travelling with our partner Flybe*.

*Note 20kg if booked prior to 12 May 2017.

Unfortunately, due to different systems being used we’re currently not able to display your baggage allowance when you make or view your booking on ba.com or via our contact centres.”

• Thanks all. Article updated.

• Duncan Watts says:

I relied on this when going skiing in March. I booked tickets on ba.com for myself and a friend. I was a bit wary and made sure I had that link printed out to take with me.

There was no issue on the outbound from Birmingham, they didn’t even query the baggage and just sent it through. The issues started on the return from Geneva.

First of all she said there was no baggage included at all, showed her the page, she wandered off to speak to the boss and they came back and said no baggage, this is for BA flights only, not Flybe. Had to point out the header saying Flybe then they started trying to argue that it was for Exec Club members only and could I show them my membership card. Tried to argue that you had to be an Exec Club member in order to book the flight and ended up having to show them my account page on my phone.

Had to then sign up my friend for an Exec Club account on his phone with failing internet so we could show that he too was able to sign up for a free account.

Not sure I’d recommend it for the faff of uninformed third party agents though, it’s something that should be sorted out better.

4. Gavin T says:

The SkyLounge at the DoubleTree Tower Bridge would be a good venue.

• Intentionally Blank says:

Seconded. Great views, great Gin menu, great location and their breakfast is good too 🙂

5. Mike L says:

“You would get all of the bar takings and would expose your venue to a group of mainly higher-income London professionals.”

So, we’re left out again Rob ????. ? How do you know we’re all higher income London professionals ? Many of your readers / contributors reside out with the London area. How about finding a compromise ? Somewhere in between would be helpful e.g. Manchester or even further north (Newcastle). It will be the same faces at your summer party if it’s always going to be held in London.

• Fine on paper, terrible in reality unfortunately. Anika and I are both at full stretch already without having to make 3-4 preparatory trips outside London plus effectively move there for a couple of days to get the event done. If we were making any money off this it would be different, but we don’t.

That said, if we were offered a hotel in say Manchester with a chunk of sponsorship money and a couple of bedrooms so we are not out of pocket on that then we would obviously look at it.

• Navara says:

Sounds like British Airways Soon to be London Airways.
        How about Rotherham?

• The Holiday Inn Rotherham Sheffield M1 J33 has both the Peter Elliott Suite and Seb Coe Suite to pick from …..

• David says:

Because of course the country stops after that….

I would suggest Glasgow, but apparently there’s no decent hotels there. Instead, how about INV, and folks can use it as a starting point for some APD-free flights. 😉

• Clive says:

It’s kind of absurd to suggest that one non-London city is somehow suitable for a great many non-London people. Manchester or Newcastle or Glasgow is not easier for people in various regions to reach than London itself is (and of course not comparable to the easy catchment area of a London event near a tube station).
      Time to rent a tour bus, maybe.

6. Mikeact says:

I was just thinking recently ,as I walked by the hotel, what a great Christmas get together it was.
    However, I won’t be applying for Summer tickets as I’d rather give someone else the chance to experience the meet up.
    (ps If my garden was larger, you’d all be very welcome !)

• I’v got a two acre paddock. If push comes to shove we can throw up a marque and throw a passing duck or two onto the BBQ. ????

7. ankomonkey says:

If Harry was still around, his ‘place in the sun’ would surely have been a perfect venue for a summer party…

8. Do we have a definitive date when avios.com is shutting shop? Still able to put bookings through but be good to know the cut off point so we can implement plan B.

• I hope it’s before September as I have an upgrade voucher I want to use them but my avios are now all in BAEC!

• Can you move them back at all? Perhaps their customer services can do something.

• Lady London says:

I did the same, Anna, for the same reasons as you.
          I actually chose Iberia to move them into because I feared British Airways might one day make it difficult for us to use our avios for those really nice deals Iberia does with so much lower taxes for the same route than British Airways.

• Lawro says:

20th May

9. Stu N says:

OT – Thanks to whoever it was that suggested calling Amex to shuffle credit limits around between cards – all sorted in 5 mins. Worth noting they only allow you to rebalance things once every three months.

• Lumma says:

It was my suggestion. I haven’t actually tried it, but will not now that you’ve reported back. Was only given £1500 on the new gold credit card and it would be handy to have a little more

10. Newbie says:

Long time lurker here. Is there a Qatar sale expected any time soon? Need to fly Syd /akl in Feb and hoping for an ex EU sub £1500 deal in J. What is the likelihood? Thanks

• Pretty sure something will come up. You can book now, on Garuda from Heathrow (so no EU positioning needed) for £1800 for Feb 2019. Earns SkyTeam miles.

11. OT: Amex agent confirmed last night that there is currently no offer running to add a supplementary card holder to a BAPP account. I am sure I have read here that some people have received a bonus even when nothing was showing up. I am going to apply anyway but do you think I might get lucky and get some Avios?

• Genghis says:

What have you got to lose by trying? I last received 3k on BAPP before xmas when there was no official offer on

• MarkH says:

Same here with BAPP and Plat (5k) when there was no official offer on

• Hi Genghis

How was your stay at Kimpton Monaco – Chicago?

Appreciate the feedback

TIA

• Genghis says:

I did respond to the thread previously. I enjoyed my stay there. I got an upgrade to a river view room. Rooms were large but the plumbing a bit noisy. Staff very friendly. A solid 4/5. I’ll be leaving a TA review so if you want a link, contact me on Twitter, genghis1232.

• I added a supp card last Tuesday. 3000 Avios posted on Friday!

• Good to know. I will apply today and cross my fingers!

• Roger says:

Do you get sign up bonus if you apply for supplementary card at the time of application?

• Genghis says:

@Roger No

• Applied for supp card last night. 3000 points posted this morning, before I have even heard if my application was successful!