The 90,000 Iberia Avios start to drop into accounts!

We interrupt the England v Colombia game with this important announcement 🙂

Avios from the Iberia ‘9,000 Avios for booking any flight (up to 90,000 Avios)’ promotion last weekend have started to drop in.

Here is a screenshot courtesy of Flyertalk:

Now we need to see how convertible etc they are  …..

If you missed the deal, you can read the details in this HFP article.

REMINDER: Get exclusive benefits on luxury hotel bookings via Head for Points
There are now 48 UK hotels (up from 4!) who take your SPG Amex free night voucher - but is it a good deal?

Comments

1. Mine arrived as well. Unfortunately combine my avios will not work, im trying to transfer IN to the IB account, but every combination of Avios, IB, BAEC does not work. i need to top my balance up to book 2 redemptions. Any ideas?

• Chang says:

Yeah same here – have booked one leg and was trying to combine Avios from BA INTO the Iberia account but it doesn’t work 🙁

• Chang says:

Oh actually I managed to get it to work this morning – transferred from BA into Avios.com and then onward into Iberia.

So booked myself tickets to Santiago and Buenos Aires on Iberia Business! 🙂

2. AndyR says:

Mine and my partner have old accounts but nothing posted at all yet.

• Andrew says:

Glad I’m not the only one. In for the full 90K with an old account (but no activity) – nothing showing yet.

3. I have received 54,000 and should be 90,000. I know from Amex statement there’s two different payment locations (?) one in UK and one abroad or something. No idea how. I am burning ready to book a certain deal and now can’t. Can anyone advise, I booked them all logged into Iberia+, i made sure.

Not unappreciative, just wanted to switch off and now I can’t. 🙁

• Weirdly half my flights are “Iberia Airlines London” (5) and half “Iberia Central” (5) – Even if that’s the reason 54,000 of 90,00 doesn’t make any sense. I know I started every booking from the 9,000 promo page, logged into my existing IB+ account.

• Are they all on Iberia metal?

4. Mine are in but I will spend them on hotels in Washington. Not the best value for my £200 outlay but still over 3 times what I paid and I’ll get 1 or 2 flights to Scotland as well. My aim was to ensure they were spent by Dec 1st.
    Have just told my wife about the gamble and now she is looking at other ways to spend them !

5. All posted here. A new account for the Wife, mine longstanding…

Though we only had 8 flights. And it’s a trip around Spain we intend to take.

6. Anyone who had to email in signed form and passport scan, how long did it take to get an account unlocked?

7. Martin Pelant says:

Did they just remove redemptions starting from the UK?

8. Brasov says:

Wonderful. Thanks Rob.

Not to mention the £30 from Curve that they were giving away to people buying drinks during the match!!!!!

9. Clive says:

In case anyone needs a top up

• Thanks for that. Normally I find the difference in price large enough to make it not worth while using Kaligo, but should make sense in this instance.

10. Is it just me, or is the difference between the peak and off-peak Iberia redemption chart not the standard 15% reduction? I’m seeing 28.7% lower during off-peak days. This seems a little odd – can anyone explain?

11. Girlfriend has it, but I haven’t got them yet 🙁

12. David says:

90,000 all present and correct, and bagged a flight from TYO-MAD straight away.

Happy days!

13. Simon says:

OT, has anyone received a letter from Lufthansa/Miles & More explaining how our miles are going to expire now that the MBNA card is shutting down?

14. I can’t seem to transfer my 45000 Avios to Avios from Iberia ????any advice and help please?

15. James says:

If I’d like seats in September 2019 I presume I have to wait until 255 days prior, or does Iberia have a different lead-time ?
    Cheers.