The 90,000 Iberia Avios start to drop into accounts!

We interrupt the England v Colombia game with this important announcement 🙂

Avios from the Iberia ‘9,000 Avios for booking any flight (up to 90,000 Avios)’ promotion last weekend have started to drop in.

Here is a screenshot courtesy of Flyertalk:

Now we need to see how convertible etc they are  …..

If you missed the deal, you can read the details in this HFP article.

REMINDER: Get exclusive benefits on luxury hotel bookings via Head for Points
There are now 48 UK hotels (up from 4!) who take your SPG Amex free night voucher - but is it a good deal?

Comments

1. Paul Casey says:

I created a new account on the Sunday afternoon to credit the avios to. I was kicked out of the app yesterday and been unable to reset the pin or gain access via the app or website since.
    Nice man in the call centre advised that a number of new accounts were suspended on the weekend of the promotion and I had to send a copy of my passport or Spanish ID to [email protected] to get it reenabled.
    Just in case anyone else is in the same boat 🙂

2. Andrew says:

All 90k Avios posted for me (bought tickets on the Saturday afternoon). Just redeemed for a business class return to Bogota – what a deal! Thanks for all the info Rob and all.
    Two questions I wouldn’t mind answering please:
    1) I see seat selection is free anyway… is it possible to change the IB number to a BA number, and if there any point in doing so?
    2) Did anyone else see that message about bringing the payment card with you to check in? Never seen that before… anyone know if this is enforced? I wonder what happens if the card is lost and replaced…

• marcw says:

Yes business class seat selection in Iberia is FREE. You can change you FF number. Use Qatar/Finnair websited to do so.
      2. Sometimes they will ask. Fraud protection. Bring the card with you, they will ask at check-in.

• Richmond says:

Most airline have this requirement. BA sometimes asks about it in Oslo, happened to me.

• Lady London says:

I’d bring an expired card with me if I’d used it for the booking, just in case.
        It would be a perfect excuse for an airline to offload you from an overbooked flight you had a seat booked on, free of charge, if they asked for the card and you couldn’t produce it.

• mutley says:

Bogota…. I wouldn’t show my face there for a while mate!!!!!!!

• Andrew says:

Haha! It’s for next May so hopefully the sting will have worn off by then. I am a little worried I’m going to be very gently nutted in the chin at some point though… I’ll be careful!

• James says:

Tempted to go there and kick or thump everyone going about their daily job just to see how they like it !!!
        #HaveSomeOfYourOwnMedicine

3. All 90k dropped here, too. It wasn’t all a dream, after all!

4. Ciaran says:

Me too ! 90k ! Happy days !

5. All 180,000 for me and my wife have posted and the planned trip is already booked (MAD->LIM, LIM->MAD->LHR)! Machu Picchu here we come!

Rob, thanks so much for your calm and well-informed reporting on this! Other blogs were doing so much click baiting.

6. I got my 90K. None for my wife as yet despite her Iberia Plus number showing on all the booking confirmations.

Presumably still a work in progress….

• Leigh says:

Is your account an active account by any chance? My husband received most of his (9k short) but I haven’t received any. We booked almost at the same time. The only difference is that his account is an active one while my account is an old one with no activity for a few years.

• Last activity on her account was December 2016. Last activity on mine was November 2017. So not that long ago in either case really, but hers was longer ago.

I made all bookings for both of us together. If it doesn’t apply tomorrow we’ll email them.

• Same – my 90 in, none for wife. 10 bookings each for the 2 of us. Not sure if her account ever ‘activated’ but is a few years old.

7. Choons says:

Cheers, got them through.
    While I am aware of what they can be spent on, I still don’t have any clear idea of what I will do with them.

• the real harry1 says:

That’s OK, Raffles will produce a guide on HFP

’90K on Iberia – what next?’

• marcw says:

Availability is dropping…. very fast… on some routes…

• James says:

Not too soon though hopefully to let those who do the legwork themselves take the best prizes 😉

8. James says:

Thinking I’ll use them for a trip to Columbia so I can kick & thump everyone I meet and then plead innocence when they complain !!!!!!!!!!!
    #HaveSomeOfYourOwnMedicine

9. Mine arrived as well. Unfortunately combine my avios will not work, im trying to transfer IN to the IB account, but every combination of Avios, IB, BAEC does not work. i need to top my balance up to book 2 redemptions. Any ideas?

• Chang says:

Yeah same here – have booked one leg and was trying to combine Avios from BA INTO the Iberia account but it doesn’t work 🙁

• Chang says:

Oh actually I managed to get it to work this morning – transferred from BA into Avios.com and then onward into Iberia.

So booked myself tickets to Santiago and Buenos Aires on Iberia Business! 🙂

10. AndyR says:

Mine and my partner have old accounts but nothing posted at all yet.

• Andrew says:

Glad I’m not the only one. In for the full 90K with an old account (but no activity) – nothing showing yet.

11. I have received 54,000 and should be 90,000. I know from Amex statement there’s two different payment locations (?) one in UK and one abroad or something. No idea how. I am burning ready to book a certain deal and now can’t. Can anyone advise, I booked them all logged into Iberia+, i made sure.

Not unappreciative, just wanted to switch off and now I can’t. 🙁

• Weirdly half my flights are “Iberia Airlines London” (5) and half “Iberia Central” (5) – Even if that’s the reason 54,000 of 90,00 doesn’t make any sense. I know I started every booking from the 9,000 promo page, logged into my existing IB+ account.

• Are they all on Iberia metal?