30% bonus when you use Virgin Flying Club ‘Miles Booster’ – good deal?

Virgin Atlantic has launched its semi-regular bonus on ‘Miles Booster’.

‘Miles Booster’ IS a potentially very good deal.

Miles Booster only works if you have a Virgin Atlantic cash or reward flight booked or have taken one in the last six months. You are able to buy an additional 200% of the base miles you will earn from the flight for just 1p each.

Click here for details.

How Virgin’s Miles Booster works

If you have a New York economy flight booked, for example, you would earn 6,916 base miles from your trip.

Miles Booster allows you to buy up to 13,832 additional miles for just 1p each. Plus, with this promotion, you would get an extra 30% bonus as well.

If you maximised the Miles Booster option for a New York economy flight, you would be able to buy a total of 17,981 Virgin Flying Club miles for just £138.32. That is 0.77p each, which is well worth considering.

You can retrospectively buy miles via Miles Booster for any Virgin Atlantic flights taken in the last six months, cash or reward.  Yes, even previously flown or currently booked redemptions count.

Even if you don’t have any current bookings, you may be able to take advantage of this based on recent flights you’ve taken.  At this price, I would consider the Miles Booster deal if you know that you will be using them in short or medium term.

This offer runs until 31st July 2018.

Bits: win 100,000 IHG points on Monday, 20% off Manchester IHG hotels, Gold Guest List lounge guesting
Holiday Tips 3 - how to earn Avios and get the best deals on Heathrow Airport car parking

Comments

1. the real harry1 says:

Anybody seen any news about VAFC joining up with Flying Blue – dates, mechanics etc?

• All I know is that is might happen before the actual alliance is approved because the frequent flyer partnership doesn’t need Government approval, unlike the flying JV.

2. Mycity says:

If I remember correctly I think if you book a miles booster and then at some point cancel the flight you don’t get your money refunded, however you still get the full miles, is this still correct?

• Yorkieflyer says:

Yes that’s correct. We booked using miles, purchased booster when 30% offer on, got the 30% immediately. Then cancelled when the de/re valuation made our premium economy flights cheaper then rebooked, purchased 30% booster bonus again and after flying received both base booster miles. Using MBNA upgrade voucher which which survived the cancellation

• Mycity says:

Great thanks as I thought, I’ve a flight booked for next March that’s not 10% certain to happen, didn’t want to boost and find issues.

• NYC123 says:

So could one purchase flight, boost miles then cancel flights within 24 hours?

3. @mkcol says:

Perfect timing for this having booked LAS in economy classic last week & used miles to upgrade to Premium after your other article about the reduced fares https://www.headforpoints.com/2018/07/07/discount-code-virgin-atlantic-economy-flights-caribbean-orlando-las-vegas/ as I’d been swithering about whether to do Miles Booster or not.

4. Can anyone please point me in the right direction to be able to apply this offer to a recent reward flight? I can’t find the option anywhere online?

5. Definitas says:

not sure I have fully understood this offer. we took one way UC reward flights to ATL in February. Does this apply to one way flights?

6. David says:

OT-ish: I have just under 10k Virgin miles in my father’s name, expiring later this year. He also has an almost empty IHG account, and no plans to do anything with either. Any way of salvaging the Virgin miles?

• Any earning resets expiry. Small purchase via Shops Away portal would do it and buy some time.

• Peter K says:

You could move his miles into a Hilton account in his name (10k Virgin miles = 15k Hilton) and then once his Hilton account had been open a month move them into your own Hilton account.
      Or move 10k Virgin into 10k IHG which may be enough for a cheap redemption or cash& points redemption for someone.

• David says:

Thanks both. I’ll aim for the 10k and then close it out to Hilton. Need to find 900, so might use a Tesco voucher as a starter.

7. Jonathan says:

Do the points post on a card as points.com or Virgin – just working out if it’s worth paying using my new Virgin card or existing Amex?

• Probably points.com as they do pure points purchases although, as you need to call Virgin to do this, it could go either way I admit.

8. David says:

I’ve booked a Virgin rewards flight for 5 of us in Premium but now that the Virgin MBNA is closed, I’ve found myself with 2 x Economy to Premium upgrade vouchers. Dies anyone know if Virgin will let me apply those retrospectively and refund me the points difference?

9. Does this work, even if you didn’t book the flight on their website and it was part of a multi airline trip.p?

10. Hmmmm. What about if you paid with your virgin atlantic credit card (the new one)? Would this get you extra miles fromt he card payment too? Just got back a week or so ago from a round trip between MAN and ATL