BA sale

VERY generous Hilton promo – 2500 Miles & More miles (worth £25) on every stay

Back in April Hilton Honors removed its ‘points and miles’ feature.  It is no longer possible to earn a mix of Hilton Honors points and airline miles when you stay – the only option is to receive points.  You can, of course, still transfer over Hilton Honors points in lumps sums to airline schemes although the transfer rate is poor.

At the time Hilton said that it would continue to run mileage promotions with the airlines.  Here is the first one I’ve seen, and it is impressive.

Hilton Honors is offering a very generous 2,500 Lufthansa Miles & More miles on every stay between 1st August and 31st October.

You need to register here.

Hilton Lufthansa Miles and More 2500 miles offer

On the face of it this is a very generous deal.  I would value a Miles & More mile at 1p – with the caveat that they are only really worth having if you earn enough for long-haul premium class redemptions – which would mean you’re getting back £25 of miles per stay!

Even if you don’t collect Miles & More miles, remember that they can be transferred into Heathrow shopping vouchers via Heathrow Rewards.  Details are here (log-in required).  7,500 Miles & More miles gets you £20 of Heathrow shopping vouchers and you get an additional £5 for every 1,875 miles on top.

Hilton Miles & More 2500 bonus miles offer

You will notice that, when you register (click here), you are not asked for your Miles & More account number.  I am guessing that Hilton will work from your ‘Preferred Travel Partners’ list in your Hilton Honors profile.  Makes sure that your Miles & More account is on that list and, importantly, set to ‘Preferred’.  I am guessing that the offer won’t work unless you do this.

I am assuming that you receive these miles ON TOP of your usual Hilton Honors base points and, until 9th September, your bonus from the current Hilton Honors ‘double points’ promotion (details here).  There is nothing on the Lufthansa or Hilton websites to suggest otherwise.

The offer is NOT valid on reward stays.  The rules are silent on this but reports from those who have registered confirm it.

(EDIT: it is confirmed below with a screenshot that you do get the miles and all your points!)

Here is the small print:

A brief review of the Premium Lounge at Doncaster Sheffield Airport
30%-40% bonus when you buy World of Hyatt points

Comments

1. Looks good. I’ve just registered. I’m staying in a Hilton currently. Checked in Thursday, checkout Monday. I wonder if I’ll get the points for this stay. Got 2 cheap mattress run stays later this month to complete my Diamond status match, 5000 Miles & More points for those will be most welcome!

• You should get it if you’re registered before check out

• Graeme says:

I received miles for a stay which I checked out of on Friday 3rd, even though I didn’t register for the promotion until Saturday 4th. It seems that if you register before Hilton processes your stay, you will receive the miles.

2. I can never ever seem to register for Hilton offers, i get a 403 unauthorized access error every time I enter my log in details and have to get in touch via online chat or phone to get manually added to specific offers, anyone else have to go through this process?

• Pangolin says:

I used to have the same problem. I fixed it by setting a username that was different from my HH number and using this (instead of the HH number) to login (password stays the same).

3. Bloke in India says:

I’ve also registered, didn’t have any 403 errors.

4. Have just checked with HH customer service and got following reply :

Hi Alex,

Thank you for your reply.

Please be advised that you will earn base points and promotional credit when your reservation is eligible plus the 2500 miles on your frequent flyer.

As always, thanks for traveling with us and please let us know if you have any other questions. You can reach us any time at [email protected].

Happy travels,

Maryrose E.
    Corporate Guest Relations Specialist
    Hilton Reservations and Customer Care

5. OT, it is related to Heathrow points. I redeemed my Heathrow reward points to vouchers (thanks to Rob/HFP for their emirate/Heathrow advices) last month. Will I receive hard copy or E-voucher as currently I can’t see anything in my Heathrow reward account?

• Kevin
      Last time I redeemed (about a year ago), they send a wad of £5 vouchers by recorded delivery.

• AspirationalFlyer says:

It is taking a while to receive mine. Has anyone received vouchers they ordered as part of the recent offer? I would like them for a trip over the August Bank Holiday.

• So I better waiting the vouchers to be arrived.

6. I may have missed this, but has the ITA matrix been crippled? It’s just told me that searches beginning in multiple countries are not supported. If so – argh!

• I’ve read on FT this has been the case for some time now. Apparently Google flights s allows it, but is restricted to 5 starting locations.

• Yes. This functionality was removed in the last month or so

• You need to search on each country separately. Which is why i now have a document with the airport codes, so that I can cut and paste.

Just means it takes a little bit longer.

• Yup. No more multiple countries.

7. Stephan says:

Isn’t £25 valuation for 2500 M&M quite generous? I find it near impossible to get anything near that and with my M&M MBNA card gone I’m not sure what to do with them as I don’t fly on Star Alliance that often.

• Graeme says:

I have booked SIN-LHR one way on a Singapore A380 business class in October for 67,000 M+M miles plus about £30 taxes. That’s easily 1p per mile value.

Also have a look at LH mileage bargains website.

• +1 for the mileage bargains. 55,000 miles return from Germany/Austria/Switzerland to the East Coast (USA) is amazing value.

• Lady London says:

What were the taxes? I seem to remember that’s the weak point of LH – even exceeding BA taxes a lot of the time – and that would apply to the specials also?

• Bagoly says:

Typically EUR400 for long-haul return.
          So using 1p per mile, that’s GBP900 – not free, but usually cheaper than other options (sans Iberia mistakes)

• Pangolin says:

Lufthansa has the excellent mileage bargains and LOT recently offered round trip business class from WAW to SIN for 70K. I would easily rate them above 1p if used correctly.

• No. 52500 for one-way J to/from US is 1p easily.

• Stephan says:

A fairly high threshold to reach given that the only way to gain M&M now seems to be only by flying star alliance which expire. Just think that compared to the methods of getting avios, M&M is considerably lower value due to methods of obtaining it and expiry rules.

• Agree in particular re expiry rules. SQ KrisFlyer are harsh too but at least I can keep things in Amex MR points before moving them across. I tend to keep most of my *A miles in UA – nice bonus when transferring across from Marriott travel packages for them too.

8. What is the best way to get a Miles & More account?

• Guesswho2000 says:

The best way is to sign up for one. Fill in your details, and click submit. Literally not sure how else to answer this?

• I think I got confused with the account at KLM which I thought had a similar name. I realised my mistake quickly, but appreciate the reply 🙂

9. Don’t value M&M greatly as no easy way to add to them, but if I can boost them enough to get transfer out to Heathrow Rewards that’d be OK.

As always with Hilton and airline miles I’d suggest ensuring they have your M&M number on file at check-in/check-out. I’ve updated my existing bookings with the number – I wouldn’t just rely on setting it as ‘preferred’ as that only applied to new reservations made after that time.

10. Graeme says:

Living in Aberdeen with 5 Hilton hotels in the city all with rates of ~£40 available throughout the year, this is an easy and cheap way to rack up a lot of HH (points and nights) and M+M miles cheaply.

It also worked well earlier in the year when the M+M promo ran concurrently with Hilton’s 2,000 bonus points per stay.

11. Sorry for randomly popping up on here, but I haven’t flown BA for a little while and am going from Heathrow to Larnaca Monday using Avios. I had no idea where to ask this question, but am sure one of you will be able to answer it? Has the complimentary food and drinks totally gone from economy? It appears that you now have to pay for food and drinks? Do you not get anything at all? Not a good start to my holiday if that is the case…
    Thanks….