Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

“American Express Platinum House” is coming to London

American Express has announced plans for “Platinum House”, a four day series of events in London next month.

According to Amex:

American Express Platinum House is coming to London. Platinum Cardmembers and their guests are invited to experience the best of Platinum during a four-day pop-up event at the Old Central St. Martins Building. Stop by Platinum House and enjoy complimentary food & beverages, live music performances, morning workout classes, beauty services and more.

There is a website up and running – click here – but it is pretty bare so far.

It will run at pretty odd hours:

• Thursday 13th September – 9pm to 1am
  • Friday 14th September – 9am to 1pm, 9pm to 1am
  • Saturday 15th September – 9am to 1pm
  • Sunday 16th September – 9am to 1pm

American Express Platinum House London

However, we also know that upmarket fitness group Equinox will be running classes there.  Here is the schedule:

• Friday 14th at 9.30am – Pilates Power with Michelle
  • Friday 14th at 11.30am – Vinyasa Yoga with Holly
  • Saturday 15th at 9.30am – Barre Burn with Michelle
  • Saturday 15th at 11.30am – Power Yoga with Caroline
  • Sunday 16th at 9.30 am – Detox & Unwind Yoga & Meditation with Caleb
  • Sunday 16th at 11.30am – Rebalance & Reflect, Yoga & Meditation with Caleb

Classes can be prebooked via Eventbrite here.  Amex is not yet circulating this link so there is good availability.  Classes are free.

I will keep you updated if I can find out more.

Comments (89)

• Pid says:

OT – I know that you can add an existing BA avios flight to a 241 if the return flight was not available at time of booking. However, can you do that at any time. For example if I do not yet have the 241 but have sufficient points to book two return flights. Can I get a rebate of points if I add the 241 later and if so is there a fee?

• Genghis says:

241 needs to be added at initial time of booking. You could of course cancel the whole reservation and hope the flights go back into reward inventory so you can then use your 241.

• Pid says:

Thanks – I thought that might be the case but thought it was worth checking. Better just spend more quickly on my BAPP!

• Hairy says:

If you get a second (and third, fourth, fifth etc.) supplementary Plat Amex card for £170 – do those supplementary card holders also get the travel insurance benefits and a priority pass?

• Simon Schus says:

Yes. Have done this for my parents so they could bring their friends into the lounge whilst travelling. I worked out the £170 was going to be the cost of the additional guest access anyway for their friends given the various flights they were taking on one of their trips.

• Jonny says:

Can a platinum card still refer other Amex cards like the BA one?

• chef says:

does anybody know if the 5 referral limit on platinum is a calendar year or a membership year please?

• ankomonkey says:

New Priority Pass restaurant credit at HEL airport launched this week. Along with two lounge options, this is a pretty good offer in a relatively small airport. Note that I haven’t used the restaurant so cannot vouch for it, but both lounges are decent.

• Stuart says:

The American Express “Platinum House” event in Lpndon has now been cancelled.

• Rob says:

The exercise classes are cancelled …. the rest of it still seems alive AFAIK because I was chatting to Amex about it last week.

• Stuart says:

Ah, perhaps that’s what they meant because I had signed up for one of them. The email I received was a bit vague though and said;

“Please be aware that the American Express Platinum House London event has been cancelled.

We apologize for any inconvenience. “

• Eliot says:

Got cancellations for the classes booked by myself and other plat card holders. Guess they’re planning a relaunch.