IHG Rewards Club (the Holiday Inn, HI Express, Crowne Plaza, InterContinental etc group) has just published its new list of heavily discounted PointBreaks redemptions.
You can book these hotels for stays until 30th November.
These hotels are bookable NOW via ihg.com. Popular hotels will use up their allocation of reduced price rooms quickly, so book soon if you are interested. As with all IHG Rewards Club reward nights, you can cancel without penalty at any time and get your points back.
(EDIT: If you are reading this on Tuesday via our emails, some of the best deals may have gone. If rooms are pricing up at the standard points rate, this is why.)
PointBreaks has changed …..
Historically all PointBreaks rooms cost a flat 5,000 IHG Rewards Club points per night.
This was a great deal, except for the teeny tiny fact that the selection of hotels had been getting progressively worse for the last couple of years. If you were looking for a good deal in a major tourist centre then you were going to be disappointed – although it was handy if you wanted a weekend break in Doncaster. This has now changed.
The 165 hotels on the list below are priced at between 5,000 and 15,000 IHG Rewards Club points per night. In general the quality of hotels included has gone up since the 5,000 point cap was removed, although at the end of the day it always depends on how the list fits around your travel plans.
What are the highlights?
Not surprisingly the better deals are at the 15,000 points level.
- The QO in Amsterdam, an unbranded IHG hotel, looks interesting – see picture below – as does Crowne Plaza Potsdamer Platz in Berlin
- Given we are heading into high season there, Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi would be a cheap Middle East break. There is also a Muscat option.
- In London, the Holiday Inn Express Wandsworth is surprisingly central although not on the tube. There is a National Rail station a couple of minutes away and it is a short taxi ride into Battersea or up to Kings Road for entertainment.
- The Venice hotel is NOT in central Venice so I’d be a little wary of that one
- The two St Petersburg options look good although Russian visas are always painful to get
- We reviewed the brand new InterContinental Ljubljana here and at 15,000 points it must be worth trying out a new European city if you’ve never been to Slovenia
- InterContinental Kiev is also on the list
PointBreaks availability is limited so book ASAP if you are interested.
You are able to book these hotels for dates up to 30th November.
You allowed a maximum of two bookings per individual hotel. Each booking can be for as many nights as you want. Remember that if you attempt to amend your booking later by dropping a night or two the whole booking may reprice at the full rate.
Click through the link to learn more about any specific hotel:
(The hotel list has been deleted as many links are now dead)
IHG Rewards Club update – January 2021:
Get bonus points: IHG is not currently running a global points promotion as of 1st January 2021.
Buy points: If you need additional IHG Rewards Club points, you can buy them here.
Want to earn more hotel points? Click here to see our complete list of promotions from IHG and the other major hotel chains or use the ‘Hotel Promos’ link in the menu bar at the top of the page.