Book now – Hilton has launched its Winter Sale for weekend stays into mid-2019

Hilton has launched its Winter Sale with decent weekend deals across Europe, Africa and Middle East.

Full details are on the Hilton website here.

The sale offers up to 25% off the standard Best Available Rate if you are a Hilton Honors member.

That said ….. basing the ‘25% saving’ on the Best Available Bed & Breakfast rate is not exactly fair. Sale rates are non refundable so it is cheeky to compare them to a refundable rate but these deals do usually offer a saving on the usual ‘advanced purchase’ price. Full pre-payment needs to be made at time of booking.

Hilton winter sale

This rate is only available for weekend stays between 2nd November 2018 and 29th May 2019 and must be booked by 31st January 2019.

Included is, for example, the gorgeous Hilton Paris, which Anika reviewed here, for £201 per night instead of £269 on 15th December 2018. As I said above, £269 is actually the ‘refundable’ price so it is not a true comparison, but the difference between the refundable and non-refundable price is usually only 10% or so. During sale periods it is, in theory, larger.

The 25% savings are for Hilton Honors members only. The normal sale discount rate is 15%. If you aren’t a Hilton Honors member – very unlikely I admit if you are a regular HFP reader! – you can sign up when booking your stay.

Sale offers will work alongside the current Hilton Honors bonus points promotion. You earn double base points on all stays up to 3rd January 2019. You can find out more in this HFP article and you can register here.

Hilton winter sale

Don’t forget Hilton’s generous status match offer

If you have top or mid-tier status with another hotel loyalty scheme, Hilton will match it for 90 days and give you an opportunity to keep it for longer.

Details of how you can claim your status match are in this article. You will keep your Diamond or Gold status until March 2020 if you successfully complete the challenge.

Top-tier Diamond status comes with guaranteed Executive Lounge access and (on request) late check-out at most brands. If you have status elsewhere that you can match, and can pick up a sale deal at a property with a decent lounge, you should get a good deal.

Full sale details and the booking site are here.

How to earn Hilton Honors points via UK credit cards

As a reminder, there are various ways of earning Hilton Honors points from UK credit cards.  Many cards also have generous sign-up bonuses!

Click here to read our detailed summary of all UK credit cards which earn Hilton Honors points.  That page is regularly updated with the latest special offers and will still be accurate even if you are reading this article months after publication.

Good new benefits for British Airways Executive Club members at Twickenham
Loganair launches new routes from Edinburgh Airport for Summer 2019

Comments

1. I am currently Diamond and have been accepted for a status match. If I only manage four stays will I be eligible for Gold? Thanks

2. Genghis says:

“Top-tier Diamond status comes with guaranteed Executive Lounge access and 4pm check-out at most brands”. I thought late check out is subject to availability and a time is not specified?

3. Hilton have a points sale on also. 100% bonus on buying 10k points and above for me (amount is personalised)

yearly cap on points buying is also increased

• My account is saying I’ve reached my purchase limit even though I’ve only bought 15,000 (with 12,000 bonus) – is this right?

• My OH’s account is offering 80% bonus. I might go for this as the Embassy suites in Manhattan which I quite like for next May is 70,000 points per night but over $500 cash price.

• Genghis says:

Aren’t you better off with Conrad for 80k? Breakfast worth 10k for Gold+ for two but I guess it depends where you’d like to be.

• Genghis says:

Apologies. Lack of knowledge on free breakfast for all at ES

• I’ll have a look at the Conrad. Embassy suites have really big rooms for NYC though, plus in room coffee machine, fridge etc.

• Conrad is all-suite, so the rooms are large there, too.

• It should be 80k per year (excl bonus) but it’s currenyly 160k

4. I booked some Hilton hotels for next August a couple of weeks back, all of them are weekend stays but not one is cheaper in this so called sale.

• The sale is for stays until 29th May!

• That’s the usual pattern IME but this time I got caught out; I had a booking that is cheaper in the sale, thankfully only £8 and only one night.

5. Sorry if this is a daft question – I’ve looked at a few dates in March for Syon Park, and it’s pricing up very differently depending on whether I book for 1 person or for 2 people. Have Hilton always done this and I’ve somehow never noticed?

• I never book for one, even when travelling alone. That way you can invite friends or colleagues for meeting over breakfast and to the lounge. Booking for 1 adult and 1 or more children can also a pitfall as I found in the past booking for my sister and her kids.

• As I understand it the honors programme extends your benefits to an second person in the room at the same cost. So I nearly always book for one! In Japan for example, redemption rates are higher for two than for one so you can make savings and use the honors rulebook (not that it was ever questioned – even allows you to add in additional guest names on your reservation).

• Can anyone else confirm this? If I book for one, will I get away with bringing a second person along at breakfast (and to the spa) or will they tell me off?
          I normally book for 2 for this reason BJ, but I don’t want to pay loads more to be able to bring a friend if I don’t have to!

• Teacher says:

‘tell me off’ ?

its not a primary school, its a hotel.

6. I currently have 115k Hilton points and will be Diamond next year. Looking at purchasing another 110k using the 100% bonus offer to give me 225k for $550. In the past I managed to get 5 nights at the Sorrento Palace for this, what do you all think the chances of achieving the same for Malta would be?

7. Brighton Belle says:

I had 10 bookings. Not one is cheaper in the “sale”. I hoped the Amex £50 offer might help but my next EU destination city Prague isn’t included. You really have to check your intended destination will trigger the £50. Plus many UK hotels don’t have a Biz Lounge so you won’t get much as a Diamond over and Amex Platinum Benefit Gold. Some hotels might offer a drinks voucher instead if you’re lucky. On 3 separate stays at the Brighton Metropole they refused.

• Jovanna says:

Use the ‘Stay Feedback’ in the App to complain. I complained about the queue at reception, at Brighton, tocoolect my room keys. Plus they messed up with room service. Manager refunded half the cost of my stay.

8. Slightly related, doubt I will have enough stays to maintain Gold past the spring, but I’ve spent more than £10k on the Visa, how do I check that takes precedence over the qualifying stays?

• When I fist got the visa I wasn’t given Silver but contacted CS and they amended it, so you could always try that route. I’m gold via Platinum till March 2020 though, that can be a better way!

• Thanks, will maybe phone them, they’ve been good to me in the past on retaining status, it’s certainly encouraged me to put vast majority of bookings with them.

• Mr(s) Entitled says:

I’ve just updated my status (I was already gold) via this route last week. Is there a way to check if my gold expiration has been reset to Mar 2020? All I can see online is my progress for 2018/19 and what implication that has.

• There doesn’t seem to be anywhere online where they display this. I contacted CS about mine as they were doing some sort of offer of nearly 2 years membership when I got Amex Platinum. They emailed back saying that my gold status runs till March 2020 so I’ve kept the email in case the status disappears before then!

• Mr(s) Entitled says:

Thanks – I’ve sent them an email.

• Mine didn’t show up anywhere but auto adjusted correctly from diamond to gold

9. I think calling ‘Hilton Paris’ gorgeous is stretching it significantly, there was nothing gorgeous about it when we stayed there for a night on Oct 27 in Executive room. The only nice feature was the lobby bar, the rest was quite shabby and with a very average and vastly overcrowded breakfast – can’t imagine what’s it like in high season.

• Genghis says:

My wife and I really enjoyed Hilton Paris Opera last year in a Junior Suite. The lounge was busy in the evening but the breakfast was very good with a slice-your-self iberico ham leg.

10. Don’t forget to try the public sector discount code of PR11PN

• I’ve never found an available hotel for that offer!

• RussellH says:

Do they check for you actuallly working in the public sector? Would they accept a public sector pension?

• The hotel may ask for your ID and refuse to honour the rate if you can’t produce it.

• I use the code often. Have never been asked for proof. It also comes with breakfast incl so you can switch your preference to bonus points instead of bkfst as your status benefit

11. If I am IHG Ambassador, does that match across as a status match , and if so, to what level do we know?
    TIA