BA Sale

Save £7 on return Heathrow Express tickets

Heathrow Express is offering a £7 discount on return Standard Class Heathrow Express tickets.  This takes the price down from £37 to £30.

This offer is linked to the Virgin Atlantic sale but you do not need to have a Virgin Atlantic flight booking to take advantage.

You must book via this special link here.  The £30 fare will show automatically.

Heathrow Express discount

You cannot collect Avios on this deal (Heathrow Express tickets only earn Avios if booked via heathrowexpress.com/avios) but you should be able to earn Heathrow Rewards points.

It’s not clear how long this deal will remain – it will possibly be pulled on 31st January when the Virgin Atlantic sale ends, but I can’t be sure.  You can book for any future date however.

Why the only thing better than transferable points is INSTANTLY transferable points
Earn 1000 Virgin Atlantic miles per day with Avis with a new promo

BA Sale

Comments

1. Rob – is the Hertz FC deal 1000 miles per day, or per rental? I always thought it was the latter.

2. OT – upgrading a Marriott room booked on points. Would you go to Marriott or the hotel? Apologies if this is an obvious one

3. OT – in case anyone has SAS Eurobonus account
    Noticed they started pool sharing again, finally combined all my family accounts together instantly which is nice, though their points on *A were pretty useless

4. Doubt it,p, but worth a try. Also, don’t forget that some accounts have an £80 off £400 cumulative spend at the virgin trains site. Has worked out better for me across 2 cards than using the train line cash back

• Now, I’d like that one. I suspect it would layer nicely with the 20% my employer gives me off all VTWC advance tickets.

5. Scallder says:

OT – Rich if you read this, I put a response regarding flying with a toddler onto yesterday’s article for you.

6. rams1981 says:

OT curve Amex beta. Apologies as prob covered before but if people have gone over the £1k top up limit, have you been charged the fee?

• Yep, I was. App erroneously started quoting fees to everyone regardless of whether free or not so I chanced it but was charged. Remember it also runs on a rolling 30-day limit too, rather than just which month you’re in (some folks were caught out topping up late Dec then early Jan).

• rams1981 says:

Yes thanks Alan. Asked that yesterday so will make a note.

Not made much use of beta but they increased limits for me (though prior spend counts towards this new limit)

7. BA Amex 500 points for £10 spend. Is anyone else still waiting?

• Is that the offer from around October? I used it 3 times, 1 posted after a few days, I had to chase 1 up for about 2 months and the 3rd I gave up on as I wanted to close the card! It was very hit and miss.

• I think so. Also never got the paypal £5 credit. Triggered it twice.

• Peter K says:

Got the points ages ago.

• I had to get mine manually credited ages ago – was given an extra 500 for my trouble!

8. Can anyone confirm if I pay with points and money I will receive the “stay” element from Hilton Honors?

The article suggests i would, but others saying that is not the case.

TIA

• I got stay even with full points redemption.
      in fact, my 6 of my 8 Diamond challenge were points stay.

• Thanks Lee.

The anomaly I have is that I am 4 stays short of 20k bonus, but no Hilton for business anytime soon

A couple of nights away with the wife though which were planned anyway, and made me think of booking a reward stay 1000 points short and paying a couple of quid to make up, but be credited with a ‘stay’.

See how we go for next Friday. 👍

• Hilton always award stay credit for points redemptions or paid stays booked through their website or authorised channels (e.g. certain business TAs) so there’s no issue there – it’s some specific promos that require paid stays. The current Hilton promo applies to reward and paid stays though.

9. OT. Sorry if a bit of a dumbo question – how can I make sure that TP and Avios for a Qatar flight are credited to Exec Club / BA? Many thanks.

10. I am thinking of trying to extend my trip to South Friday in October but have flights booked already. Booked using Iberia Avios MAD-JNB return in biz.
    The taxes and charges on the return were £154. Who knows what I’ll lose if I cancel the return leg and then rebook the same return leg for a couple of weeks later ?

Will I get the full amount of Avios refunded for the segment and just lose the tax & charges element (~£75 I suppose) ?
    Then I can just rebook the one way return leg using the refunded Avios and another ~£75.
    ????

11. the_real_a says:

Unfortunately the 4 hour grace for Hertz is only at company owned locations, and not at franchise locations. There is a list of “participating” locations somewhere in the T&Cs, i got caught out badly in Switzerland with this last year. Apparently you also need to “book” this benefit by selecting the drop off time at the point of booking when using the AMEX discount code it will price correctly – you cannot simply return the car “late”.

• Indeed – if it’s a valid location you’ll see that you can add 4h to the return time and it won’t push you over into the next 24h period (assuming without the grace period you would have done so of course!)

• Do Avis offer something similar in any of their status levels ?

Having a grace period would be very handy.

• Jovanna says:

Sometimes I have found adding an extra hour or so on doesn’t change the price even if it’s beyond a 24 hour period. This doesn’t seem to work if it’s just a 1 day booking. However, sometimes adding an hour on and pushing the booking from, say, 3 days into 4 days (72 hours to 73 hours), will lower the price.

You just have to play around with it.