BA

Redeem Hilton points for a private Jessie J concert at Abbey Road Studios!

Hilton Honors has launched its annual London private gig.  This year you and a friend have a chance to see Jessie J playing live on Saturday 15th June.

This is a genuinely good package:

The concert is at the iconic Abbey Road Studios in Maida Vale.  If you’ve never been inside Abbey Road Studios and have any interest in music then this is something you really should do.  You will be in the same studio where the Beatles recorded much of their material.

There is a pre- and post-concert food and drink reception included

Packages include two tickets

Having been to two previous Hilton concerts, including one at Abbey Road, I can confirm that Hilton does not skimp on the food and drink and does its best to put on an impressive event.

There are 100 pairs of tickets available, priced at 75,000 Hilton Honors points per pair.  This is not an auction, it is a straight redemption.

I’d value 75,000 Hilton points at around £250.  Given that you are getting two tickets to a private gig (total capacity will only be around 250 people) in a world-famous venue with food and drink included, that’s pretty good value.

You can redeem on this page of the Hilton website.

Once you’ve booked, there is an additional auction available for a ‘meet and greet’ with Jessie J before the showThe bidding page is here – it is only open to people who have booked tickets and doesn’t open until 10th May.

If you don’t have 75,000 Hilton Honors points, your options are:

transfers from American Express Membership Rewards – the rate is 1:2 so you’d need 37,500 Amex points

transfers from Virgin Flying Club – the rate is 2:3 so you’d need 50,000 Virgin Atlantic miles

Amex transfers generally go across in 48 hours.  Virgin Flying Club transfers are less reliable although, with 100 pairs of tickets available, it is not a big risk.  You do lose quite a lot of value moving Virgin miles into Hilton however.

Avios Ireland: No more Avios earning from the free Bank of Ireland personal credit card
Bits: £75 of free Wheely rides in London, last call for 75% bonus buying IHG points, last call for 6000 Avios from Accor

IHG
BA

Comments

1. Wow! I would rather delete my account along with points.

2. I think anyone, who would want to spend their points watching Jessie J needs medical help asap.

3. We actually like Jessie J but I can’t sign into Hilton experiences (I can sign into the main Hilton site and the app).

• Managed to get in so we shall go to the ball. I thought the experience has a very good price tag (do you see what I did there?).

• Shoestring says:

not really, try as I might

was it a pun in your mind on the word ‘experience’ because you repeated it?

• Price tag is a Jessie Jay song.

• Shoestring says:

a song I shall never listen to, sad or not? not

I’d rather not waste those few seconds, I can guess it’s about ‘price tag’ so are we talking a dress, buying something for your gel, something too expensive you have to save up for, dolly girl, working in a shop (shop girl), stacking the shelves at Sainsbury???

• Shoestring says:

OK, Coconut man, Moonheads, and me
          You ready?
          Seems like everybody’s got a price
          I wonder how they sleep at night
          When the sale comes first
          And the truth comes second
          Just stop for a minute and smile
          Why is everybody so serious
          Acting so damn mysterious
          Got shades on your eyes
          And your heels so high
          That you can’t even have a good time
          Everybody look to the left
          Everybody look to the right
          Can you feel that yeah
          We’re paying with love tonight
          It’s not about the money money money
          We don’t need your money money money
          We just wanna make the world dance
          Forget about the price tag
          Ain’t about the uh cha-ching cha-ching
          Ain’t about the yeah b-bling b-bling
          Wanna make the world dance
          Forget about the price tag
          We need to take it back in time
          When music…

• Shoestring says:

as I guessed: it was about working in a shop

• Heathrow Flyer says:

Why is everyone so eobsessed? Money can’t buy us happiness…

• Sussex bantam says:

It can buy chocolate and beer though – so it’s much the same thing

• Michelle L says:

How did you manage to get in Kevin….. been trying for ages and just cannot log in tmon experiences section although app and website log in fine.

• Michelle L says:

Ok scrap that….. all sorted. Turns out there’s an IT glitch and log in won’t work on Samsung or chrome browsers but all booked now.

4. Sounds like an excellent deal despite the moronic comments.

5. Sussex bantam says:

Gosh. Everyone seems very angry today. If you don’t want to go – then don’t. Simples

• Shoestring says:

Yep I’ll leave this to younger people who have actually heard of this Jessie J.

I’m sure £250 equiv in today’s money to see Elvis ‘The Pelvis’ Presley or The Beatles – with snacks & some booze – would have been seen as a cool gig back in the day.

Maybe this ‘Jessie J’ is the new Elvis etc?

• Sussex bantam says:

I’d have been up for this if my wife wasn’t already on a girls weekend away. Always nice to do something different

• I’d wager they are the same people who moan about 2for1 flight deals because they are “committed to solo travel” if you see what I mean.

• Yes, the usual pathetic negativity about a particular individual or band that we see each year that the HH private concerts are posted about. Like Rob we’ve been to the last two, one at Abbey Road and one at LSO St. Lukes. Both were great and done very well in iconic venues and well worth the points spend IMHO.

• Dont worry Nick its not all bad news. Dont miss the meeting with cast of Geordie Shore in coming months.

• Indeed, we’ve been to last one, and said then we’d go to future ones regardless of the artist. Okay we may draw the line at some Grime acts, but … I don’t think Hilton would do that.

Agreed, this is really underplaying how well Hilton do on these gigs and it’s definitely worth the points spend.

Nick OOI- which hotel you going to use before/after gig – I miss the package options from last year.

• Hi Dan, I’m just guessing that they’ll use the Hilton London Paddington, Praed Street for the pre-and after gig drinks & food, as they did that for the 2017 OneRepublic concert. It’s the nearest Hilton property to Abbey Road Studiios. If we decide to stay overnight we’d probably stay there for convenience.

• No, the drinks and food are in Abbey Road. Last time they had some additional packages which came with the hotel and I think a separate reception. I was only at Abbey Road and certainly got food and drink! The Paddington hotel is a LONG way from Abbey Road unless you taking a taxi.

• OK, thanks for the clarification Rob. We did have the hotel package last time, but it sounds like I, wrongly, thought that the reception at the hotel was for all the HH Experience packages.

6. 75k HH pts can also get you a lot…..

(No Mike I’m not gonna say it)

Hilton do some good deals with some of the world’s most famous artists. For 75k you could get;

2x Concert Tickets
    A Signed CD
    + Preshow Meet and Greet

If you’re a music lover and a lifelong fan it can literally get you an experience money can’t buy.

7. OT, but about summer events: what date should we pencil for HFP summer reception?

• It is not even a flicker in my eye yet … although I did tell myself I would start after half term. Perhaps after ITB next week.

8. signed up – great deal

9. Dominic says:

Do I have time to sign up for a Hilton credit card, hit the spending target and transfer points across from virgin or is this redemption likely to sell out soon?

• There’s no Hilton credit card to sign up for! You could transfer from Amex MR though or VS miles.

• HFP is 100% responsible for it dropping from 100 packages to 50 in 48 hours. I think it will now drop to a trickle UNLESS Hilton emails its UK members, in which case they would go quickly.

10. The webpage is no longer showing the counter for “packages available” for me, last count I saw was 60 on Friday night. Has it been removed or is it a browser issue?