BA Sale

London City Airport and Sheraton get new logos

London City Airport unveiled a rebranding yesterday, designed to reflect the fact that it is now a leisure airport as much as a business airport.

The accompanying promotional video, see here, describes it as a “dynamic and game-changing new identity”.  You may have other ideas.

Not to be outdone, Sheraton also revealed its new logo – see below.

Marriott said, with a straight face, that it  “came from modern day town squares in Europe such as the Piazza del Campo in Siena, Trafalgar Square in London, and Plaza Mayor in Madrid, which function as places at the heart of the community where people gather and the city comes to life”.

New Sheraton logo

Get £400 cashback on a £500 Bremont spend
More on British Airways new Club World and First upgrades

BA Sale

Comments

1. Dominic says:

I was intrigued by the Bremont offer…. then I looked at their store. I’ll pass.

2. Steve Mullaney says:

Re BA’s super new CW seat. I’ve not seen anything about the length of the bed (not the pitch but the usable length of the bed). I’m 1.95m / 6’5″ and CW is only good for shorter day flights – I can’t stretch out in it. All newer business class seats offer almost 2m, hence my choice of other carriers. I even touch the ends in BA’s First seat, which is only 6’6″.
    When will BA catch-up? (I’m not holding my breath).
    Steve
    Croydon

3. can’t see the Bremont on my amex plat sadly

4. OT: I got a confirmation from iberia that my details have been deleted, tried logging in and didn’t work.
    The way to delete all data and close account is through one of the drop-down options on contact us.

• Was that with a negative Avios balance?

• Shoestring says:

GDPR route will get your data erased & a/c closed – but what happens if IAG join up the IB & BAEC points platforms in the future? Does your negative IB balance suddenly reappear in an amalgamated points a/c?

• Optimus Prime says:

Are we sure they delete all data and are not allowed to keep anything at all to prevent fraud?

I know that matched bettors that have been ‘gubbed’ are asking bookies to delete all personal data but they have refused – they keep some information to prevent you from opening a new account and be eligible for signup bonuses, promotions, etc.

• Shoestring says:

Iberia are up front about that, also telling you that they will keep essential data possibly needed for future legal reasons. [Plenty of case studies on FT.]

In theory that shouldn’t mean you stay recorded as a minus 90K Avios account.

But I doubt it.

• Genghis says:

@Optimus Prime never head of “gubbed”. I’m gonna start using it. I’ve been gubbed from a few bookies during my matches betting days. In particular, the Bet365 champions league offers were amazing.

• Optimus Prime says:

@Genghis – Oh really? On the other hand I never heard of matched betting until you mentioned it here around summer 2017. I also miss my bet365 account 🙁

• @genghis out of curiousity – was it really so lucrative and profitable (at least in short term) or is it another scam and a way to lose money and enrich services like Profit Accumulator etc?

• Yes, and like Genghis pointed out the email said they may keep details for legal reasons

5. I would have loved the Bremont offer, i would have walked into the store and paid on 4 diff cards.

6. Harvey says:

OT.
    Travelling abroad with the following CC cards. Which are most beneficial to use?(I think they are all with a FX fee)
    Plat
    Gold
    Bapp
    Spg
    Virgin+

• Waddle says:

Virgin when paired with Curve becomes fee-free FX & points earning.

• TGLoyalty says:

If you don’t care about the 3% fee Gold earns double MR

If you are staying at an SPG property you would also get double but thats the same inside or outside the UK.

7. @mkcol says:

OT: Have just (17:31) had email from Hilton Honors saying they’ve just matched my status & I need to complete 8 stays in 90 days to maintain Diamond.
    Most peculiarly I already was Diamond, which was due to expire end of March 2020 & hadn’t applied for any match or extension or anything.
    Anyone else getting such oddity?

• Me too, I matched in May last year and completed 8 stays. Then I was told I’d gained status until March 2019 which I assumed was a mistake. Just had the same email as you??

• Probably just the latest in a string of Hilton IT glitches.

• Brian W says:

Me too. I completed the Diamond challenge Nov 2018, giving me Diamond till March 2020.

I’m assuming it’s an error!

8. With 6 Amex cards between my wife and I, we took full advantage of the recent BP offer, so much so that not one of them has the Bremont offer. Shame, because it is the best offer I have seen to date.

9. Anyone want to club together, buy a watch over 6 or more cards, sell it on ebay and make a tidy profit ?

10. 18th March is nearly here, plus Alex is going to be disappointed when he sees his first refurbished 777 with the same F seat it had before it went away…