Earn 25 Avios per £1 at Hackett

Avios and American Express have come together to launch a new partnership with the upmarket men’s clothing retailer Hackett.

When I was first told about this, six months ago, it was meant to be a similar partnership to the Charles Tyrwhitt one.  I’m not sure what has changed, but the deal is now restricted to British Airways American Express cardholders as opposed to anyone with an Avios account.

This is how it works.

Hackett Avios deal

On the ‘Offers’ tab of your British Airways American Express card online statement page, you will find the Hackett offer.  Click ‘Save to Card’.

Once you’ve done that, you will earn 25 Avios per £1 spent on your BA Amex at Hackett until 28th April.

(Note: some readers are reporting getting a lower 15 Avios per £1 spent.  It looks like there is a bit of market testing going on.)

The offers work in stand-alone Hackett stores – but not department store concessions or outlet stores – and you can also buy on the Hackett website here.

Curve launches legal action against American Express
Earn Accor points as a non-guest in some of its UK bars and restaurants

Comments

1. Alastair says:

I had already signed up to the Hackett offer, but I have only got 15 Avios per pound until 11 April.

• I got the same.

• KBuffett says:

Ditto.
        I saved this to my card last week, no mention of 25 points per pound!

• Andrew says:

25 Avois Points per £1 for me.

But I’m Scottish, so I’ll pass on wearing the “Hackett” logo.

• Francis Talbot says:

Campaign a little harder for independence next time, or give the English the vote.

• Ironically, in large part it was probably the English who prevented independence in 2014. The number of eligible English voters exceeding the difference between yes and no vote counts. Subsequent surveys and analysis suggest the vast majority of English voters voted no.

• Just postponed the inevitable. I voted no last time, will vote yes next time . I think better just to cut the uncertain era short and get it done.

2. O.T – spend £40 get £20 back at craft gin club with Amex

3. Discussed last might, those benefits are impossible in the UK market. If they were you would already have them from other card providers. Apart from 2% cheaper the US card offers nothing that is not already widely available in UK.

4. Spurs Debs says:

Sometimes it’s handy having a son who loves his clothes. I’ve sent him Hacket link and a modest budget early Easter present 🤣

4000 tesco points posted from mobile offer, will do the other two new sims today to 2 different Clubcard accounts. It seems to be taking about 9 days for points to post.

• Matthew says:

Is the Tesco mobile jobby easy to do? I dismissed it at first as it looked faffy.

• Spurs Debs says:

Little bit fiddly but if I can do it anyone can lol
        It’s more that tesco mobile website is a complete pain in backside. Took me about 30mins to set up both. So time it took to have a cuppa netted 4000 points plus another 4000 to come.

• Spurs Debs says:

Oh and I’m on grandfather rate off 800 points for tesco so even better for me.

• As Spurs states web, and app, are a PITA. ignore them. Sim comes with 20p credit. Pop it in your phone and make an unanswered call to activate, then call 282 to add clubcard, then 4444 to top up with a £20 voucher. It’s simple 🙂

• Yes, exactly 9 days for me too with two sims activated on different days.

• Spurs Debs says:

Wonder if my two cats and dog fancy mobile 🤔 I’m not even going to waste the sims have put them in spare phone for grandson to use the data up when we go to New York next week.

• With Amex Churning now 24 mths not 6 – I am back to using my 10 clubcard accounts for thins like this

• Spurs Debs says:

I’ve never churned but I really miss Tesco direct not just for points but because it was my go to place for all sorts!

• Our mobile account is in hubby’s name with our 3 phones on his account. We have multiple Clubcard numbers. I was reading the comments on the original post and someone said you can only use in the UK so might not work for u in the USA next month.

• Mikeact says:

Don’t forget to cancel them end of first month, and good luck trying to add two more to your mobile account, I’ve given up!

• Spurs Debs says:

Thanks for heads up Liz if they don’t work it doesn’t really matter grandson can go without!

• Minor point, but as far as I can make out the calls / texts / data from the Rocket Packs cannot be used for roaming outside of the UK.

• @Mikeact, why do we need to cancel them? They are pay go so presumably if we have no balance the rocket pack will not renew anyway? Please excuse my ignorance, I’ve never had pay go and was just planning to throw the sims away without cancelling the rocket pack..

• Mikeact says:

@bj
          Rocket Pack is a package of data, call minutes and texts which last for a month. There is no contract but your Rocket Pack will auto-renew unless you cancel it.

• How does it auto-renew if your account has no credit and Tesco have no card details to charge?

• Shoestring says:

yep I wonder if everybody realises that! not such a good deal if you end up paying another £20 next month for a SIM you won’t ever use… 🙂

• Shoestring says:

@Grant you’d look a bit silly if Tesco hand it over to the bailiffs 🙂

• Shoestring says:

You’re probs OK if they have no way to charge you:

3. All customers buying a pay as you go phone from Tesco Mobile will be on the Rocket Packs tariff as default. If they wish to change their tariff, they can do this online at My Account or by calling 282 free from their Tesco Mobile phone. If you don’t want your first top up to turn into a Rocket Pack, you must change your tariff before the first time you top up.
          9. Your Rocket Pack will automatically renew each month (‘Renewal Date’) until: (i) you opt-out of the Rocket Pack (this must be done before your Renewal Date); or (ii) you do not have enough credit on your account to buy the Rocket pack. We will send you a text before your Renewal Date to advise the cost of renewing the pack. If you don’t have enough credit, you’ll need to top-up your account within 10 days of your Renewal Date if you would like your Rocket Pack to be added back on to your account. You will need to opt out if you don’t want your Rocket Pack to be added back automatically. To opt out, text “STOPROCKET” to 28948 at any point. You will then be charged standard rates for your usage after your Rocket Pack allowance is used up or after the next monthly Renewal Date.
          10. When your Rocket Pack is renewed, payment will be taken from your pay as you go balance and we will send you a text to confirm the date your Rocket Pack renewed.

• @Mikeact, thanks for this. Cancellation is easy enough so I will do so to be on the safe side. However, I think term 9(ii) posted by @Harry is key, if we have no balance we are not charged. Boils down to whether we want to use the sim longer term or if we just bought it to get the points and don’t plan on using it.

• Spurs Debs says:

It’s easy to cancel you just press cancel button on your account. I’ve waited till points post then gone on changed details to new sim will wait till points post and cancel that one.

• I am already a Tesco mobile pay monthly customer so I dismissed this offer. Would this work for me?

• Spurs Debs says:

New customers only but don’t you have someone else you could sign up ?
          Partner, kids, parents etc

• Mikeact says:

Of course,and it’s not for new customers only. Just go into your Tesco and purchase 2xRocket packs @ £20 each.

• Spurs Debs says:

if In husbands name you can use yours ?

• Spurs Debs says:

Well if it’s not new customers great I only went by small print.

Available to new customers only with purchase & top-up of their Rocket Pack SIM or handset. For purchases between 25 February – 28 April 2019. Requires the linking of your Clubcard and Tesco Mobile phone number which can be done online at tescomobile.com, points issued within 28 days of satisfying eligibility requirements. Points capped at 2000 depending on value of Rocket Pack purchased. Each Clubcard number is eligible to qualify only twice.

• TGLoyalty says:

New customers but really means new sims being topped up for the first time only

• Allycat says:

Has anyone done this twice per clubcard NUMBER yet ? My 2 x 2000 points posted today through 2 SIMs, each was linked to a different clubcard NUMBER which then feed through to the same clubcard ACCOUNT. I am considering doing it again using the same 2 clubcard numbers but wondered if anyone else has had success yet ? T&Cs say 2 per clubcard number but since all the info on website & posters seems a bit flaky, could they mean 2 per account ?

Definitely agree that the webpage / online account is a PITA, I will use the approach from @BJ at 07:05 comment above. Alternatively how easy is it to get 2 new clubcard numbers and link them to the primary account and is there a delay ?

• Numerous reports of 2 x 2000 points on the same clubcard number, but not sure if anyone has succesfully reported the same on multiple numbers attached to the one account.

• 😀 Having now read the FAQs my mind is at ease

• Can you transfer from multiple clubcard accounts into one BAEC account, or would you need to go multiple clubcard -> multiple BAEC in HHA?

5. Matthew says:

Anyone stayed at the EDITION in Abu Dhabi? Just wondering if it’s worth the extra points over most other hotels in the area. Thanks.

6. Hi all, is anyone else flying from Heathrow terminal 3 on the evening of 5th April?

• Not another lounge pass request is it?

• Spurs Debs says:

Cat if you have a little more info you might get a lot of info back.

• Shoestring says:

@Cat – next day for us

• Graham Walsh says:

Sorry not in T5, I land back at T2 in the afternoon.

• Good point Debs!
      I’m flying in F with Cathay, and apparently am allowed to guest one person in. You would need to be flying OW and travelling solo, or OK with ditching your travelling companion for an hour or two! I was planning a lounge hopping mission. You’re welcome to join me, but I’m equally happy to eat/drink on my own if you prefer a solitary lounge experience.
      Also, less likely, but if anyone happens to be in Hong Kong on 6th April early evening or on the afternoon / evening of 21st April, there will be more lounge hopping action available.
      Sorry to miss you both Harry and Debs, enjoy your place in the sun / holiday!

• What a kind offer ! Great idea. Hope you find a lounge buddy for your hopping around.

• Spurs Debs says:

I’m keeping a promise I made last year to my 8 year old grandson …. taking him to Wrestlemania in New York. The things you do for love.

• What a kind offer! Actually I will be flying from T3 then and was thinking of doing some lounge hopping too. Perhaps Rob can put us in touch?

7. RIccatti says:

As product/service goes it is quite disruptive. Uber/Groupon and alike were also US-only at start.

• I didn’t mean the card will not come to the UK, I meant you will not get 2% cb if/when it does.

• Not really – there are some superb cards in the US market offering higher returns and lots of other benefits. It’s decent but not class-leading. The installed userbase who’ll jump on anything Appley will ensure a decent sign-up rate though I’d imagine.

8. @Rob For Le Club Accor does the card have to be a Credit Card to work? I only have Visa debit cards. Any pointers to where I can get a Visa Credit Card, handy to keep my points rolling over if it works.

• No idea but I doubt it matters as debit and credit payments would still clear via the same Visa payment network where the transaction would be spotted.

• Barclaycard Platinum Travel is a visa, and also offers fee-free foreign ATM withdrawals until 2022 (I think). Not sure you can get it if you have the Hilton Barclaycard though.

9. Can’t find this Tesco Sim offer with 4000 points, could someone provide a link?
    Thanks for the tip.

10. I only get 15 points per £ at Hackett.

11. flyforfun says:

I got 25 points per £ offered. Noted the map of shops and it shows The Icon Outlet at the 02 Millennium Dome site, even though the T&Cs exclude it. Does this mean its a mistake or can you get the points here too? It just happens to be my closest store!