Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

The British Airways First Class amenity kit, crockery and bedding improvements are now live!

British Airways officially launched its ‘soft’ improvements to First Class on Sunday, and they should be fully rolled out across the network by today.

SaturdayKid on Flyertalk posted some images, of which I have borrowed a couple.  You can see all of his images and some other feedback on Flyertalk here.

General feedback from a couple of HFP readers who are also BA crew is positive with customers being especially happy with the new noise cancelling headphones.  The loss of the Liberty amenity kits does seem to be felt, however, with the new Temperley ones not really measuring up in terms of style or bag quality.

Here is the new amenity kit, the new noise-cancelling headphones from Meridian and the new day blanket:

British Airways First Class improvements

Here is the new sleep suit, also from Temperley – male and female versions are available.  Apparently you can now mix and match the sizing of the top and bottom halves for the first time.

British Airways First Class improvements

Whilst not pictured, your hot towel now comes on a little glass tray!

There is also new crockery, cutlery and glassware.  Here are some official BA pictures:

British Airways First Class improvements

and

British Airways First Class improvements

The new teapot is also apparently very impressive!

There is also good feedback on the new bedding with praise for the high thread count.

New British Airways First Class food

A new menu has also been introduced.  Here is a sample selection for the main meal.

As you will see, canapes have returned, served with the initial drinks service:

Canapes

Shropshire blue cheese with spiced apple jelly and candied pecans, Kinglas smoked salmon with cream cheese and caviar, Cumbrian air-dried salami with sliced black olive, sun-blushed tomatoes and cornichon

Here is a current main meal menu:

Appetisers

Cured beef bresaola with tonnato dressing, anchovies, tomato, caper

Kidderton Ash goat’s cheese with hazelnuts, asparagus, raddish

Seared scallops with truffle pea puree, maple-cured gammon, pea shoots

Vichyssoise soup with Braddock Whites poached duck egg, potato salad

Seasonal mixed leaf salad with spicy lemon vinaigrette or creamy honey mustard dressing

Entrees (why has BA started using the word entree?)

Seared fillet of aged Herefordshire beef with caramelised caper butter, red wine jus, roasted vine-tomatoes, wild mushrooms, pine nuts

Seared fillet of halibut with Brixham crab bisque, preserved lemon, buttered samphire

Roasted breast of corn-fed free-range chicken with Winbirri Bacchus white wine, thyme and bread sauce

Ricotta black pepper ravioli with lovage pesto, charred leeks, black olives, red vein sorrel

All served with side orders of potato fondant with truffle salt, broccoli with almonds, glazed chantenay carrots

Cheese

Belton Farm Red Fox

Fourme d’Ambert

Double-Barrel Lincolnshire Poacher

Normandy Camembert

Desserts

Chocolate and orange delice with almond granola, sugared pistachios

Blueberry and nectarine charlotte

Vanilla ice cream with caramel sauce, raspberries

Chocolates by Lauden

The wine list and champagne list appears much as it was, which means you’re still getting bottles selling for £12.72 retail.  However, British Airways has added a cocktail list including mocktails.

All in all, it seems more like evolution than revolution although there is no doubt that the overall standard has improved.  I look forward to trying it out at some point.

Comments (153)

• Marquis de Sade says:

They should do my bidding without question or be horse whipped to within an inch of their pathetic sad lives.

• John says:

And half of it goes straight in the bin. (Not me, I save all of mine but what to do with my 64 QR Brics cases?)

• JP says:

Does it matter what the retail cost of the wine is if it’s good? A bottle of Château Miraval will set you back £13 in Costco and it’s a sensational wine. If they served that to me in First I’d be more than happy!

• TGLoyalty says:

Exactly and would probably cost BA a fiver since they don’t pay the duty in the air

• CV3V says:

Costco wines are usually very good, they buy them through Costco in the states so get good deals.

• Leo says:

Well lets just hope they load all the necessary stuff in the first place. Last week in F they “forgot” to load any PJs larger than medium, CSM promised apologetic avios but we never saw her again. First world problem obviously but if you say you have a thing available….
    Mixed Fleet – well meaning but hadn’t really got a clue.
    On a positive note the CCR experience had improved a bit and the First Wing is a winner – despite being asked if I’d like my photo taken at the entrance??!

• Mixed Fleet problem says:

On our last BA First flight in January the mixed fleet crew member kept addressing my wife as “my lovely”, which she maybe, but it was not professional and has tainted my wife’s view of BA First! Let’s see if First has improved- our next flight next week.

• Peter 64K says:

I think that’s sweet. My dad calls everyone “darling”, “love”, “sweetheart” but that’s just because he’s friendly and from London.

• Kipto says:

Friendly and London. Do those two go together ? 🤔

• Spurs Debs says:

I’m also completely non pc and tend to call people love. If that’s all people got to worry about they must have boring lives and nothing to worry about. Also if you don’t like it just say to crew, why whinge about it after.

• Russ says:

Because in the UK it’s considered rude to tell someone they are being rude?

• Russ says:

It isn’t professional and can be construed as patronizing and condescending especially to mature passengers.

• The Savage Squirrel says:

Hahaha, uptight formal Southerners (of which I’m one). When I moved north, I soon learned that NOT using lovely/love/etc as an address in literally every given situation to people of every age would be considered unfriendly to borderline offensive by many, particularly females. Ask Rob what the reaction where he grew up would be if you asked someone to stop being so rude by calling you love 😀 :D.

• Darren says:

You can call me whatever you fancy as long as it’s not ‘hun’, boils my pee!

• James says:

Flying from TLV to LHR in a few weeks in first. Can I expect the full first class service or do they make tweaks as it’s a shorter route? (5hrs 15)

Thanks!

• Harvey says:

depends on crew.
      I have had some amazing people giving a great service and some who don’t give a …

• Matt B says:

We have our 1st First 2 weeks today, looks the timing has worked out well.

• Justin says:

Has BA upgraded the special meals it offers in First as well? I am interested in the Kosher meals on the LHR-JFK route which I fly quite often. The standard of those meals is anyway good but a change would be ap[preciated.