British Airways ‘Upgrade to First’ offer returns

British Airways has brought back its regular ‘Upgrade to First’ offer.

Until 31st May, any Club World flight you purchase which is ticketed in semi-flexible R, D, or C class, or a fully flexible J class, will receive a free one-way upgrade to First.

This is subject to availability and requires ‘A class’ cash tickets to still be available for sale in First.

You need to take the outbound flight between now and 28 August 2019, except for Tel Aviv and Delhi where you must fly out between 1st June and 28th August.  You need to complete your travel by 30th August for Heathrow routes and 14th September for Gatwick routes.

British Airways free first class upgrade

Participating destinations are:

All services to the United States, Mexico and Canada on flights operated by American Airlines or British Airways

British Airways services to Abu Dhabi, Abuja, Accra, Bahrain, Barbados, Beijing, Cape Town, Delhi, Dubai, Durban, Grenada, Hong Kong, Jeddah, Johannesburg, Kuala Lumpur, Kuwait, Lagos, Moscow, Nairobi, Port of Spain, Riyadh, Seychelles, Shanghai, St Lucia, Tel Aviv and Tokyo

Full details are on ba.com here.  Note that you can only book this over over the telephone – in the past, some corporate travel agents have also been able to book it.

Good new BA Amex 'bonus Avios' promotion - requires registration
Important dates for your diary - offers about to close which you shouldn't miss

Comments

1. r6mile says:

Apparently priority pass also gets you through security fast lane at Bari Airport. I am flying from there tomorrow so will verify.

2. Business Trafeller covered Priority Pass fast track security last month, details here:

• Florence isn’t one of those listed in the BT article and there was no charge or pre-booking required.

• The BT article is simply referring to the fact that the No 1 Lounges ‘benefit’ on paying £5 to guarantee entry – with fast track thrown in – can now be booked via the PP app.

• Are you sure Rob there is no No1 lounge at LBA. The BT article lists fast track at LBA

• I am guessing, if the LBA lounge offers fast track for cash customers, PP has persuaded them to roll it out to card customers too.

3. C F Frost says:

Perhaps someone can let Hackett know that if one is really striving for the socially aspirational BS of English polo club and red trousered culture then said lost souls would do well to remember that if you’re reading a newspaper to show off that you can also read then best not to read it upside-down. Click on the link and you’ll see what I mean. And no, it’s not folded that way. At 25 Avios per pound spent, my dignity leads me away from these yahoos.

• GeoffGeoff says:

The paper looks folded to me.

• Spurs Debs says:

There is no dignity in chasing points, I on other hand have 9k points and Sons birthday present sorted on top from this offer.

• C F Frost says:

Fair point, and I may well succumb too for 9k points. But that newspaper isn’t folded.

• I think the newspaper is folded but I also think that Hackett manages to be over-priced and not very “grown up” at the same time; so I can resist the 25 points per £. Now if I knew someone who wanted something from Hackett that would be a very different issue….

• Hackett offer is great when combined with 15% military discount and an additional 10 avios per £ for being a member to their new 65B club member club (free to to join). I earned 27k avios for a new suit and bag!

• Peter K says:

It looks like the newspaper is folded up at the bottom, below the lower edge of picture.

• Matt im probably being a bit thick here but how do you get the additional 10 avios per £?
          I am a 65B member but can’t see any details.

• Definitely folded. Look at the top corners you will see the sheets of the folded part not going as high up as the front part.

• Hi prune you’re not being thick it’s a new offer and not even the customer service team seem very clued up on it. If you login online there’s a field to input your BAEC number. The reason I found out was because there was a poster in store advertising it.

4. OT we had an announcement after boarding our flight home from Alicante this week that there was no hot water working for drinks. They had found the issue on the flight before. I logged a complaint online, mainly as they could have told us as we checked in or in the lounge or before boarding. Got a cut and paste type response, ‘we can’t always load all choices etc’ and 5k Avios each.
    I’m more than happy, we were in economy and would have had to pay for the hot drinks anyway.

• I need to log a similar complaint- we flew LHR to MAN in CE last week and they ran out of food (but also didn’t have enough time to serve everyone). 5000 avios would be a decent return.

• Hi Anna, logging the complaint was very simple took me about 5 mins. You get to log in then it asks if the issue was around your recent flight and offers the chance to include other on your booking. We are silver but I can’t see that it would particularly impact the number of Avios.

• Hi – yes they have made it surprisingly easy to log a complaint these days!

• Not bad at all considering we got 3k avios for a non functioning IFE on a LHR-BKK

5. 1) who’s this Susan
    2) where’s this newspaper
    🧐

6. Stuart Smith says:

Note the comment about Charles Tyrwhitt in store purchases. Every time I shop, the points are never credited. However, if you email their customer services with a copy of the receipt they’ll credit your account.

7. Not a big fan of Charles Tyrwhitt shirts personally. They seem to be quite bulky and made from strange materials compared to say TM Lewin or similar

• Agreed. And you can get 12 Avios per £ at Lewin’s by going through the BAEC portal first.

8. Dominic Montgomery says:

There is a better Charles Tyrwhitt deal on at the moment. Most shirts £19.95 each and a free tie per order. Still asked for my BA number for avoid.
    I’ve seen it on adverts for the deal on social media, looks like a targeted one. No promo code, but here is a link if it works for anyone:

• Dominic Montgomery says:

*Avios not Avoid. Autocorrect error.

• John Caribbean says:

Works, thanks.

Also some people will have £10 off £60 on their amex card

• Thanks for posting Dominic that’s a shirt and tie bought for £25 (£5 delivery).

• Thanks Dominic – really useful and a great bargain. I find Charles Tyrwhitt much better quality than TM Lewin and they do a great military discount too

9. if you were unlucky enough to get the original 15 avios per GBP Hackett offer (like me) … worth noting that it expired 10 days ago !

10. Shoestring says:

Short sleeved?

Well dodgy unless you’re a double amputee.

11. KBuffett says:

Personally I find their styles too wild. Big colours, bold prints etc.