Virgin Atlantic Sale

Hertz introduces ‘The British Collection’ of luxury vehicles

Hertz is introducing a new premium service called The British CollectionIt is primarily based around a varied fleet of Jaguar and Land Rovers and will only be available from the Heathrow, Edinburgh Airport and London Marble Arch locations. The cars come with a make-and-model guarantee, so you can pick exactly which vehicle you want.

Hertz is also introducing a “dedicated lounge” (their emphasis, not mine!) for ‘The British Collection’ customers, including soft furnishings from Tom Dixon, a botanical mocktail from Seedlip, neon light installation by British artist Lauren Baker and an “in-lounge garden installation” from florist McQueens (whatever that means!).

Hertz British Collection lounge

Only one render was provided with the press release – see below – which makes the term ‘lounge’ seem very generous!  However, you don’t necessarily need to use the lounge as The British Collection comes with complimentary terminal delivery and collection for Heathrow and Edinburgh Airport customers, and local pick-up near Marble Arch, so you can avoid the Hertz branch entirely.

To rent a car with the British Collection you must be over 25 years of age (I’m out!).

Should you apply for American Express Platinum before the fee jumps to £575 on 11th June?
Earn 25,200 Avios with the Economist (again)

IHG Sale

Comments

1. OT – could someone please confirm for me, if I booked an Avios ticket for points + £0.50 and want to cancel, do I get all the avios back and only lose 50p? Until when can I cancel? Thanks!

2. Julian says:

Does anyone still read The Economist?

The last time I looked at one was while studying A level Economics in the very early 1980s. Never looked at one after that, even while studying Economics and Politics at University.

• Eeh, yes. It’s an excellent magazine.

• +1, and most UK residents can access the digital version on mobile devices or desktops for free via their local authority library subscription. Seriously hope Julian isn’t reading the Sun 🙂

• mark2 says:

Yes, I read 90% of it every week (for more than 20 years.
      The quality has gone down and it has moved its political views sharply leftwards.

• eldoc says:

Do you feel the 2 are related?

• Lady London says:

Is page Three still there?

• mark2 says:

I assume that you mean the content.
          I am unable to comment as I am at Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise getting ready to go for a walk in the forest hoping to see a bear (in the distance).

• Nice hotel, enjoy.

• mark2 says:

True, but Rocky Mountaineer ‘forgot’ to mention that many of the hotel restaurants are closed until main season.
            But then most things they told us were untrue. Fortunately train crew were superb.

3. OT: 4500 Miles&More miles for 3 stays at Best Western before 30 June.

4. Lost+confused says:

OT Can anyone recomend a reasonably priced hotel in Dubai for a holiday with a 3 year old? Looks like a lot of the kids clubs start at 4 y/o?
    I’ve got amex plat and and the associated hotel statuses. Only about 40k points in each of miles and more avios and amex rewards so looking at cash bookings. Travelling end of May/beginning of June.

5. Wongster says:

Hi folks,

This is probably a most routine query that gets asked most often. I currently have an Amex BA blue with just 2 months remaining to the anniversary date. Have spent £10k on it. If I were upgrade to BAPP now, would I get the voucher immediately, and then pay another set of £195 in two month’s time when the new year starts?

Also how do I best upgrade my BAPP? by phone request or applying online?

Thanks!

• That’s exactly what happened to me.
      Triggered 241 straight away.
      Fee charged on next statement.
      Voucher has 1 year expiry I had to call to change.

6. OT: if I cancel my Amex how is the pro-rats refunded? Is it by month/week/day?

7. Louise says:

OT Hilton Amex offer:
    Hotel I have made an advance booking for this morning haven’t charged card yet. Should
    I chase this today or is it something that may get charged overnight?

• Just call and ask them to charge it now, they might even do it during the call.

• Louise says:

Rang them, have to ring between 9-5 for the reservation team to charge, luckily tomorrow is last day

8. Nigel says:

OT – does anybody know: if using BA app to upgrade short haul flight for cash, is it possible to upgrade just one passenger on the booking or must it be bought for all? (Only need TP for one person to hit status target)

• Sorry I don’t have the BA app, so don’t know if this is possible using the app. However, as far as I know, the booking first has to be split into two linked bookings – one for the person to be upgraded and the second for everybody else, so it may well have to be done over the phone.

9. OT. I have a IHG ambassador voucher which says it expires July 2019. Does it expire at the end of Juky or the 1st?

10. OT: I now have enough Bonvoy points for my trip ahead but as only gold elite, I won’t be eligible for breakfast – it’s going to set us back £500pp! Does anyone have any tips or know whether there’s absolutely any way around it? Many thanks

• Eat someplace else, hotel buffets are so uncivilised anyway.

• Where are you staying, are there no other cheaper places to eat breakfast nearby? We’ve got a points booking at the Weston Grand Cayman next Easter, breakfast would be around £100 per day for 3 of us at these kind of properties so we chose a hotel with a reasonably priced diner across the road but will also be taking some drinks and snacks!

• Sorry Anna I’m not sure how to get notifications when a response comes in so I missed this. It’s Saudi Arabia and as its Ramadan the meals are at premium rates and with two children it will be tough to have to go elsewhere daily for this.
        Incidentally however I managed to get the hotel to agree to 50% discount on F&B as a courtesy for being gold. I’m glad as that will save me £500! Perhaps you can reach out directly to the hotel concerned too and see if there could be some wiggle room?

• Binks says:

Lol 🤣

11. AndyGWP says:

OT – Apols if mentioned over the past few days, but got my Platinum card today (did upgrade last week), and it arrived in a cheap flimsy folder, and doesn’t appear to include luggage tags anymore (not for me… for ebay!)