Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

British Airways airport lounge in Geneva is closing today for a full refurbishment

The British Airways Geneva lounge is closing today.

EDIT:  the closure has been delayed until 9th June

Today, assuming everything remains on schedule, is the last day to use the British Airways lounge in Geneva.

It closes tonight and will reopen in ‘late 2019’ following a major refurbishment.

dnata Skyview lounge Geneva

You will be sent to the dnata Skyview lounge in the interim, picture below, which has decent feedback.  This is also a Priority Pass lounge.

PS.  The British Airways lounge in Glasgow is also due to close for two weeks, currently planned for 2nd to 15th June, for a lick of paint.  £5 restaurant vouchers will be provided to affected passengers.

Comments (90)

• Roger says:

Anyone yet to use a 7 night Marriott stay certificate from last year following category change?
    Have people been successful in Marriott honoring the original CAT 5 for new bookings using the old certificate?

I have two certificates to use.
    Failing that what are the refund points expected?

• Gin and Tonic Please says:

Yes – I’m fact I’m at Domes Noruz Chania right now, which was (I think) old Cat 5 and new Cat 7. I got it through all fine on the old certificate – though it was a pain and I spent about an hour on the phone to CS.

• TGLoyalty says:

There is a very good and detailed thread on this on FlyerTalk which states all of the refund and upgrade points costs.

I changed my old Cat 8 for a new Cat 6 for 30k MR I think and had a great stay.

• s879 says:

I tried over 10 times but couldn’t change my old CAT 5 to new CAT 5 even with extra points. I think they are a lot stricter now.

• guesswho2000 says:

Yep, old cat 5 is new cat 4, and I have one of those too. Don’t seem to be able to change it, so the choice seems to be either find a Cat 1-4 you’re happy with (Asia is easy enough for me, so not impossible, but YMMV) or take the 45,000 point refund.

The certificate is net zero cost to me, so I value it accordingly – the travel package value for me came from the AAdvantage miles.

• TGLoyalty says:

Strange I did mine maybe 2 months ago by phoning the uk call centre and was processed within about 20 mins and the hotel I wanted booked.

Possibly it’s because I had a hotel in mind at the time? But the FlyerTalk thread at the time had the exact language to use and seemed to be bang on.

• Justin says:

Anyone else having issue with flyertalk today? Seems they’ve been hacked. I just keep being referred to adverts.

• Allez allez allez says:

Managed to book the Hilton Madrid Airport on Saturday night for 40,000 points instead of €1467

• Gavin says:

Happening continuously on the guardian website for me too