Virgin Atlantic Sale

British Grand Prix tickets available NOW via Marriott Moments (direct redemption, no auction)

If you are sitting on some Marriott Bonvoy points, this is a unique chance to see the British Grand Prix for a very affordable (points) price.

These packages have appeared on Marriott Moments.  They will NOT last long now that I have posted this – I am talking hours rather than days.

* EDIT: all packages have now gone – all to HFP readers!  The auction lots mentioned further down are still open for bidding. *

For 60,000 Marriott Bonvoy points – which I would usually value at £300 based on 0.5p per point – you can get:

• TWO grandstand tickets for race day on Sunday 14th July at Silverstone
  • Transportation between the Northampton Marriott Hotel and the circuit
  • A lunch pack provided at the track
  • Marriott Bonvoy Gift Pack
  • A dedicated group host for the duration of the day

You can redeem here.  There were originally nine packages but it had dropped to six by last night.

Alternatively, for 30,000 Marriott Bonvoy points – which I would usually value at £150 based on 0.5p per point – you can get:

• TWO grandstand tickets for qualifying day on Saturday 13th July at Silverstone
  • Transportation between the Northampton Marriott Hotel and the circuit
  • A lunch pack provided at the track
  • Marriott Bonvoy Gift Pack
  • A dedicated group host for the duration of the day

You can redeem here.  There were nine packages available as of last night.

There are also auction packages with VIP hospitality available to bid on:

VIP package including Mercedes team access on practice day, Friday 12th July

VIP package including Mercedes team access on qualifying day, Saturday 13th July

VIP package including Mercedes team access on race day, Sunday 14th July

How to earn Marriott Bonvoy points via UK credit cards

As a reminder, there are various ways of earning Marriott Bonvoy points from UK credit cards.  Many cards also have generous sign-up bonuses!

Holders of The Platinum Card from American Express receive FREE Marriott Bonvoy Gold status for as long as they hold the card.  It also comes with Hilton Honors Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold, Shangri-La Golden Circle Jade and Melia Rewards Gold status.  We reviewed American Express Platinum in detail here.

Click here to read our detailed summary of all UK credit cards which earn Marriott Bonvoy points.

What are the best hotel promos for June?
Aer Lingus flat beds bookable between London and Dublin!

IHG Sale

Comments

1. Stuart says:

OT but has anyone received an email from Curve regarding Curve Cash?

Any thoughts on the better choice between Curve Rewards and Curve Cash?

• Had the email but my only thought is that all the listed retailers take Amex, so why would I use Curve at any of them?!!

• Jonah says:

That’s your choice but a lot of people are moving away from Amex, particularly those no longer hunting avios.

• Freddy says:

Definitely, I have a high business spend through Amazon so combining curve 1%, virgin+ card or IHG would give quite a good return!

• Shoestring says:

Curve itself doesn’t give 1%, to be clear I guess you mean using Curve to access 1% on another card. Which as Anna says, you could equally do by using the underlying card in the first place.

Or have I got that wrong?

• Freddy says:
          • Shoestring says:

cheers Freddy

I see it now. Good if you already have the paid-for Curve card, I guess. A lot of my expenditure goes through Amazon, so this is useless compared to my 12.5%-15% discount. Could be helpful with a couple of other outlets I use, probably not for Lidl, methinks 🙂

• Freddy says:

Dare I ask how 12-15%….thinking Morrisons vouchers?

• Shoestring says:

“The launch of Curve Cash is just one example of the many ways Curve simplifies people’s finances, constantly delighting them by combining all their debit and credit cards into one, and rewarding them with cash they can spend instantly.”

Well, complete blocks as far as I am concerned, I don’t pay HMRC anything so Curve has until now been completely useless (I don’t like the idea of paying Amex etc illicitly on another credit card, that’s just me, you do as you see fit).

Unless they add Lidl to the list, it wouldn’t be simplifying my finances but confusing it like [email protected]£.

• Lidl is on the list.

• Hi Freddy if you have an interest in B2B UK Amazon codes in volume. I might be able to help.

• Shoestring says:

@Freddy 15% by using Tesco money off coupons to buy Amazon giftcards, it then gets a bit worse after the first one of the 3 MOCs we both get sent

• Shoestring says:

what’s the bit about choosing 3 or 6 retailers at a time?

sounds like a cop out

• Andy S says:

even worse only lasting 90 days!

• How do you get the 15% money off coupons from Tesco ?

• Shoestring says:

through signing up to Clubcard, I guess

there’s nothing automatic about it, many others say they don’t get MOCs in the post

if you’re missing out, you could do worse than start a few more Clubcard accounts with slightly different details/email address to see if one of them triggers the MOCs

• Andy S says:

@Tim

I think the secret to getting these coupons is to not shop at Tesco for a while! I hadn’t visited any store for a couple of months, then suddenly got 3 coupons for £8 off £40+ spend. That’s 20 %

Never realised you could use them on gift cards though – I’ve got one left which I could try on an Amazon card!

• Andy S says:

Yes, and as an early adopter I can keep the current scheme, which is much better IMHO. Who in their right mind would sign up for a new scheme that only gives rewards for the next 90 days, then diddly squat! The current range may be a bit crap, but I do well from Boots, Wilco and Argos!

• Lady London says:

HI @AndyS what’s the benefit for Argos? do new cardholders get it or only grandfathered ones?

2. OT: BA 2-4-1 booking. Household account.

So my intended companion cannot come with me. Terms and conditions of the voucher say
    > Once travel using the Companion Voucher has been booked no name changes are allowed.

What are the odds that I could call them up and beg to make an exception to the rule so they would change the name of the companion to someone from my Family & Friends list?

Failing that, what are the odds that the seats would come up for redemption again?
    Travelling on 29th this month.

I, being the moron that I am, booked non-refundable hotels for the trip.

• Very low chance of the computer releasing the seats back in peak season at short notice.

Options:

cancel 2nd person and travel alone, getting the voucher back

cancel whole thing and hope all seats come back to rebook, and if not accept you will need to buy a cash economy ticket and travel alone to get some value from the hotels