Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Lots of new Amex cashback offers launched for hotel stays

A new wave of American Express cashback deals has been launched.

You can see what you are targeted for by visiting the Amex website and looking at the ‘Offers’ tab on your online statement page.  You need to do this for each card you own.  Offers must be saved to your card as registration is not automatic.

As soon as you make a qualifying transaction, you receive a statement credit for the promised amount.

American Express cashback offers

The most relevant is another good Hilton offer.

There may be various versions of this, but I was offered – on The Platinum Card4,000 Membership Rewards points for spending £350 at selected European Hilton hotels by 31st August.

These offers are usually cumulative so the spend does not have to be in one transaction.  Remember that there is a 3% foreign exchange fee on all American Express cards so it is best to spend the £350 in the UK if you can.

You can double dip with the current Hilton Honors promotion which offers double points for stays until 8th September, starting with your 2nd stay.  You can register here.

American Express cashback offers

Other travel-related offers on my family cards include:

£100 cashback on £1,000 spend with travel agent Destinology (expires 31st August)

£50 cashback on £200 spend with Hand Picked Hotels (expires 27th November)

£55 cashback on £200 spend at Guoman Hotels (home page here, expires 6th September)

£100 cashback on £400 spend at Hotel Cafe Royal on Regent Street (expires 24th October)

£30 cashback on £100 spend at Thistle Hotels (home page here, expires 6th September)

£10 cashback on £60 spent with Sixt Ride (a Blacklane-style business, expires 31st August)

£55 cashback on £200 spend at Amba Hotels (home page here, expires 6th September)

£55 cashback on £200 spend at London’s Hard Rock Hotel (expires 6th September)

Comments (81)

• Dimitri says:

New devaluation for IHG points.

The new intercontinental in Macau 75,000 points to book while cash is only £109…

A wonderful 1.4 pence per point.

• comeflywithV says:

OT: On my Amex Business Platinum an offer appeared for 5,000 for every supplementary card added on (up to 98 gold and 1 platinum). I added 5 associates, the first 10k points arrived within minutes of adding, the remainder 2 days later. the offer is no longer on my Amex landing page, does anyone know if the 5k per supplementary is standard on the business card or was it a flash offer as I have 2 more to add?

• Dave says:

Interesting question. To add a further query, I assume no additional points for adding supp golds to a personal platinum but could anyone confirm?

• Jonathan says:

Business supplementary cards don’t receive any bonus points as standard so you got very lucky.

• RIccatti says:

On Business Gold Charge AMEX there is also an offer of points if adding supplementary. I think its a system now not luck.

• LUKE says:

OFT: Platinum Business now £595 – can order metal card online. Just did it – Includes Times / Sunday Times digital membership etc

• Andrew says:

The Cafe Royal offer has appeared on my account overnight. Definitely wasn’t there yesterday when I checked off the ones I had with the list from Rob.

How are these allocated? Is it tranche by tranche if there are any left, I’m BA Blue.

Could do with a Amex offer on Marriott as I have a long stay with them booked next week. (A First Direct, BoS, Lloyds or Halifax offer on Marriott would be perfectly satisfactory too.)

• Nigel Williams says:

It always annoys me that with the exception of Hilton, there is a distinct separation between:
    – The hotels they give you status with (and therefore promote you to stay with)
    – The hotels they provide offers on rewards for staying