BA sale

Get triple Accor points on your next stay

Accor (Novotel, Mercure, Ibis, Sofitel etc) has launched a new promotion offering TRIPLE base points on your next stay.

You need to register via this page of the Accor website.  Once you’ve done that, you will earn triple base points on your next booking.  This is a one-off deal so you may want to time your registration if you have both cheap and expensive stays planned.

Take careful note of the dates:

Triple Accor points

You MUST register before booking via the link you will find here

You book between 23rd June and 31st July

You stay between 15th July and 15th September (no minimum stay requirement)

Your booking can be in any country but this offer is only valid for residents of selected countries – the UK is included, but many other places are not

There is no minmum stay requirement – even 1 night stays are OK

You can find out more details and register here.

ENDS SUNDAY: Get 12,000 to 30,000 sign-up miles with the Virgin Atlantic credit cards!
How to get a Stansted Express First Class upgrade for just £5!

Hilton India and SEA sale
BA sale

Comments

1. Edmund Johnston says:

The Accor triple points promotion is only open to those with appropriate status.

• Chris Jarvis says:

Do we know what that is though?? I’m Silver on Accor and it says I don’t have the correct status to register 🙁

• I got that message but reclicked via the HFP link while logged in and it accepted me. Try that.

• RussellH says:

I have registered with no problem. I am just Classic these days.

2. Chris says:

I’d seriously dispute that Edinburgh is over-lounged. It’s getting to the point that you can’t get into them at certain times of the day unless you book it well in advance.

The clubrooms and the new aspire cannot come quick enough. Here’s hoping they also put something capable of cooking more than one thing at a time into the new lounge and also the during the refit of the existing one as at present if they are cooking for instance bacon and you want porridge you need to wait till that’s been cooked or if they run out of sausages you need to wait till the bacon is ready and so on.

• Andrew says:

The trouble with Edinburgh is that the gates don’t have enough seating – or queueing space.

It wouldn’t be the first time that I’ve seen queues merge in the middle for two different departures at gates 10&11. The seating area at Gate 6 is about the same size as my kitchen.

If you’ve got an international departure from gates 1-3, it’s a long way from the No1 Lounge – then there’s nowhere to sit when you get there (particularly as most of the EDI to USA flights tend to depart within an hour of each other). Then if you are flying from Gates 17-29 it’s even further from the Aspire or BA lounges.

Gates 13-16 has improved things considerably with the seating.

• sunguy says:

“They” dont want you sitting – they want you using the shops and buying food/drinks – there are precious few seats in Edinburgh for a reason……have you ever been to a previous property GIP enjoyed trying to extort money from customers at – such as LCY? (Which is a total joke for seating).

• David says:

LCY has hundreds of seats down by the gates. Just find a gate where there isn’t a flight boarding, and it’s basically your own private office.

3. David says:

Curve payments to Brighton: if you have the M&M mastercard as the underlying payment card, the transaction attracts a £3 minimum “cash withdrawal” fee. I’ll ring Diners Club and ask them to take it off, since I haven’t made a cash withdrawal…

• HMRC is fine though.

• AlexT says:

It appeared on the transaction itself?

• David says:

Yep, appears under the line item in the list of transactions on the account. M&M are refunding my £3, but I’ve told them I won’t do it again…

• Surely it’s just better to accept the fee and move on, rather than admitting you’re doing something like this?

• AlexT says:

Completely agree. Take the charge and accept that sometimes you lose some in this game.

• David says:

I can’t see anything prohibiting it in the M&M terms and conditions – that specifically talks about “cash withdrawals”, not even the “cash-like transactions” wording that some card issuers use.

• Yes but you don’t want Curve to notice…

• David says:

I haven’t told them though…

• LewisB says:

I wouldn’t worry about Curve. They just upped my limit but 8k out of my 10k starter limit was entirely paying off my AMEX. They decided to completely ignore that…

• Simon says:

Got stung myself with this to the tune of £56.00 doing precisely the same thing. Toying with the idea of asking for a refund, though admit this is also the price of admission. Unfortunately, £56.00 is not an insignificant amount of money, personally speaking. First world quandary, ha, I know! 🙂

• Simon says:

This was a response to David’s original Curve/M&M comment, just to say.

• Were the points worth £56?

• TGLoyalty says:

No of course not. But that’s this hobby you win some you lose some.

I wouldn’t bother for £3 but i’d probably pick up the hone for £56. tbh though i get tired of chasing for some amounts and before you say it its a significant amount I just weigh up my time and stress vs the eventual gain.

• AlexT says:

I got a similar (GBP 30 charge) surprise when loading Revolut w/ the M&M MC, but took it on the chin and made sure not to overuse any such transaction before I observe its treatment explicitly with a small test charge. Everyone on here complaining to the CC issuer about a GBP 3-10-50 charge from something that was clearly in violation of T&C is ensuring such loopholes are closed faster than would have otherwise been the case.

• David says:

Which T or C of Diners/M&M does it violate? I’ve had a careful read, and can’t find anything.

• AlexT says:

Guarantee there’s a point in there against paying financial firms…

• David says:

I’ll buy you a drink at the party if you can show me which paragraph. I’ll bring the PDF on my phone…

Remarkably, contractual agreements depend on what’s actually written in the contract, not what one of the parties “guarantees” should be in there somewhere.

• AlexT says:

I’ll take a look at the T&C.

Remarkably, whether something is or isn’t there won’t stop Diners Club from changing the T&C at short notice or completely disallowing Curve use if they feel people are abusing the product either via earning points w/ financial transactions (something Rob referred to w/ regard to big earners a few weeks ago and CC issuers looking for legal ways to cap / stop them) or driving up their credit risk at the expense of other financial firms (admittedly, less a concern with a charge card). Just ask Tesco CC customers…

4. Neil Donoghue says:

A new Waldorf hotel confirmed for London! It’s still a long way away but it sounds fabulous https://www.admiraltyarch.co.uk/hotel/

5. Munch says:

OT 4 adults 4 children looking to visit the lounge at Doncaster Airport. We have 4 lounge passes from 4 Amex gold cards. Can we book the lounge to guarantee access? Do children enter free so we can save a pass for the return journey?

• No, only No 1 allows prebooking. You need to look up the exact rules for that lounge re kids on the Lounge Club website.

6. How well does IHG’s geographical coverage match your typical travel patterns? There’s really no point in pursuing elite status with a hotel chain if you can’t feasibly stay at one (or more) of its properties on a regular basis. Be sure to consider IHG’s hotels in and around your common destinations.

7. O/T but lounge related.

I have still never been in any airport lounge, despite having the free passes from an AMEX Gold card for a while, so I am curious to know how long before your flight you are allowed in to the lounge? I’m thinking I might well have a long wait before a Hong Kong flight and using a lounge might be the best way to while away the hours.

• David says:

Usually 3 hours for pay-per-use lounges. If you enter the wild world of oneworld Sapphire status, you could spend all day in the glorious HKG lounges…

• The Amex lounge in Hong Kong is fantastic if you can get in there – we did with my Platinum last year.

• the_real_a says:

You can also use the Plaza Premium “Arrivals” lounge land side before your flight, take a shower and get something to eat. I often do this if arriving very early before checking starts or simply to break up the boredom.

8. Peter K says:

Anyone else finding the creation login keeps saying you can’t get in due to “maintenance”?

• Neil Donoghue says:

I have had that message at least once a week since I joined a year ago! If you keep trying you will finally get in

• David says:

And yet still people on here talk about how pleased they are that IHG & Marriott use Creation. There must be some secret benefit that I’m not missing…

• David says:

that I *am* missing!

• Andrew says:

I suspect they are pleased *only* if they work for Creation.

• Mark2 says:

absolutely! do some research

• David says:

I’d better find someone at the HfP party who can spill the beans… I think I might know what the deal is already, but I don’t think that benefit is limited to Creation? If there’s something unique to Creation, I’m in the dark…

• Neil Donoghue says:

Considering the recent changes with Amex, I am just delighted that there is still a glimmer of hope in the market. If Creation are the only ones brave enough to release new products then I welcome them with open arms and will suffer through not being able to login in every week.

• Been trying for two days without success.

• Mark2 says:

Just logged in with no problem using Edge

9. Duncan says:

O/T – Curve
    Does anyone know if curve have a contact number for transaction queries?
    I’ll be ditching them if they are not around to tell me why a spurious transaction has appeared.
    Thanks

10. Chrisasaurus says:

OT – Amex referrals

Anyone ever seen this? Was attempting to refer OH from my Plat:

“We are sorry, but the Account details you used are not eligible for this referral programme”

11. Might have missed this being covered already (sorry if so) but I just noticed from the amex platinum upgrade link which I have bookmarked on my computer that it now says ‘Explore a world of benefits and enjoy a welcome bonus of 20,000 Membership Rewards points when you upgrade to The Platinum Card®, and spend £4,000 in your first three months.’ Bit of a jump from the old ‘spend £1k get 10k’ deal!. Was considering getting green and upgrading but I think that spend is pushing it in 3 months, plus the new higher fee!

• Peter K says:

It changed when the platinum fee increased.

• Does anyone have any data points on what happens with the annual fee for the Platinum, assuming you’ve already been charged the £60 for Green?