Last month we ran a great competition in association with Etihad Airways giving away one of the most valuable prizes we have ever offered.
One lucky Head for Points reader was going to win two Business Class return tickets from London or Manchester to Abu Dhabi.
We can now announce that the winner is:
Congratulations and we hope you enjoy your flight.
Steven M knows he has won, so if you are also a Steven M ….. sorry. Thank you to everyone who entered – we had a fantastic response.
Etihad has recently announced a permanent fourth daily service from Heathrow to Abu Dhabi during the Winter season, from 26th October. This evening service will be operated by a Boeing 787 and is in addition to the existing three A380 services.
Etihad is currently operating five daily flights to Abu Dhabi from Heathrow over the Summer, until 28th September. After that it will drop to four daily flights until the end of the Summer season on 26th October, at which point the new ‘four daily’ schedule kicks in.
If you want to find out more about Etihad’s product,you can read some of Rob’s reviews here:
- Etihad’s A380 Business Studio
- Etihad’s A380 First Class apartment
- Etihad’s Boeing 777 First Class Suite
- Etihad’s First Class lounge in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad arrivals lounge in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad lounge at Heathrow T4
How to earn Etihad Guest miles from UK credit cards (December 2023)
Etihad Guest does not have a UK credit card. However, you can earn Etihad Guest miles by converting Membership Rewards points earned from selected UK American Express cards.
Cards earning Membership Rewards points include:
- American Express Preferred Rewards Gold (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 20,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 20,000 Etihad Guest miles. This card is FREE for your first year and also comes with four free airport lounge passes.
- The Platinum Card from American Express (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 30,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 30,000 Etihad Guest miles.
- American Express Rewards credit card (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 10,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 10,000 Etihad Guest miles. This card is FREE for life.
SPECIAL OFFER: Until 9th January 2024, you will receive 30,000 Membership Rewards points (convertible to 30,000 Avios) with American Express Preferred Rewards Gold. You receive 25,000 points if you spend £3,000 in three months and a further 5,000 points if you hold the card for 15 months. You can apply here.
SPECIAL OFFER: Until 9th January 2024, you will receive a huge 100,000 Membership Rewards points (convertible to 100,000 Avios) with The Platinum Card. You receive 75,000 points if you spend £10,000 in six months and a further 25,000 points if you hold the card for 15 months. You can apply here.
Membership Rewards points convert at 1:1 into Etihad Guest miles which is an attractive rate. The cards above all earn 1 Membership Rewards point per £1 spent on your card, which converts to 1 Etihad Guest mile. The Gold card earns double points (2 per £1) on all flights you charge to it.