BA sale

Get 600 easy FREE Avios when you join ‘Rewards for Thoughts’

One of the lesser known British Airways Executive Club partners is market research group ‘Rewards for Thoughts‘.  It is offering a generous 600 Avios points just for signing up and completing one survey.

You can find details on ba.com here.

Rewards for Thoughts earn Avios

It seems simple enough.  Once you sign up, you will be emailed consumer surveys on an occasional basis.

You will earn 25 Avios for every short survey you complete and 50 Avios for every long survey.  The points will post within five days, they promise.

To be honest, I doubt this is worth your time for such a small number of points but you could always do them on the train in the morning or in front of the TV.

However, when you complete your first survey you will receive a bonus of 600 Avios points.  This is more like it!

Whether or not you cancel your membership after the points post from your first survey is up to you.  It is worth joining and completing one survey.

You can join via this page of the British Airways website.

Is there a second contender for 'Smallest Priority Pass Lounge in the World'?!
Get a 40% bonus when you buy World of Hyatt points - worth it?

Hilton India and SEA sale
BA sale

Comments

1. 625 avios in about 8 minutes! Done!

2. Hmmm. 600 Avios in exchange for having my profile data distributed ie sold to all and sundry. Maybe not.

• why use your real personal information

• Ditto. I wouldn’t get involved in this even for 6025 avios. It would surely add enormously to the current bombardment of unwelcome letterbox mail and email circulars

• Shoestring says:

Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy | Unsubscribe

• I believe that RfT and e-Rewards are now two strands of the same organisation. I have been locked out of RfT, but e-Rewards does not add to the junk e-mail I get. I use a unique e-mail address and the only e-mail it gets is e-Rewards stuff. Nothing else.

3. These types of offers used to be a regular occurance on hfp in the old days. There was something to do everyday to earn a few miles of points in one scheme or other. Everything has been tightened up now.

• Shoestring says:

Here’s one for free! 2for1 on prescription glasses £49 or over @Glasses Direct, put 2 in your basket and add code MSE16SEPT to get them down to £16 delivered. Then use the refer a friend button to nominate a friend to get the same deal (ie yourself with different email) – you’ll get an instant £15 Amazon code for free when they/ you order. Hey presto, 4 pairs of prescription glasses for £17. Or 6 pairs for £18 etc. Further cheeky discounts also potentially available.

Quite useful personally as my prescription just changed (reading & long distance), and always good to get a few spare pairs.

• Charlieface says:

And for those of us with anything over 8 dioptre and need 1.74 index it’s more like £400 for 4 pairs and no NHS accepted

• the_real_a says:

Asda offer 1.74 index at no extra cost over -6.00. I generally get 2 pairs for £89 and are pretty stylish. Also basic frames + lenses from £29

• I got two pairs for £16 last month so I can wear them when I play with my son. Not too bad. Had to have a call with their optician given eyesight.

4. Did this previously and got the 600 avios, got multiple survey invites by email afterwards none of which worked when clicking through to take part. Cancelled the account as a result.
    I use e rewards a fair bit but that isn’t as profitable as it used to be as you’re now effectively capped at 1000 avios a month. Did get an email yesterday promising exciting changes but no other info, anyone else use it and know what these are?

• I still make 4k/month from e-rewards via IB and BAEC…

• How do you make 4K – can you also transfer to family BA Avios accounts as well as Iberia? I’ve not tried that but will if it’s possible. Don’t currently have Iberia though.

• I have both IB and BA as transfer options – 3k avios for 8k points for IB, 1k avios for 3.5k points for BA, each allowed to redeem once per 30 days.

• Spaghetti Town says:

Whats the opportunity cost of filling out all these surveys, only to be told half way through you’re not eligible….

• When I’m on a delayed Thameslink train (once I’ve claimed my delay repay) there isn’t much opportunity to do much else!

• Same for me, I got the email yesterday but no explanation as to what they are doing. It doesn’t usually take me long to get enough points for the 1000 Avios and then I don’t bother until the month is up & I can start again but it’s definitely not as good as it used to be – 24000 Avios a year for a couple of hours a month filling surveys was worthwhile.

• Better exchange rate on IB avios. 8000 points = 3000 avios. I got invited to join a focus group last month and earned about 14000 points for a few activities.

• e-Rewards and Nectar are great. Easily get 60 to 70 GBP each month…

• You can’t add your credit card to BAEC Shopping portal anymore, to get pts for offline spend right?

• Spaghetti Town says:

Just realised i can add my cards to Virgin FC E-shopping portal – does anyone else do this?

• Yeah, I get VFC points frequently through Shops Away from shopping at Waitrose and eating out at Byron. I registered all my amex cards, Virgin card, Curve card, supplementary amex cards. You tend to forget about the offers but they do seem to track reliably.

• Yes, I get Virgin points on my Waitrose shopping.

• And Nero now on Virgin plus amex BA 5% back. PS yes I know not local/tax paying/etc…

5. Spaghetti Town says:

OT: Is the tesco pay + offer still running?

6. Paul E Birkett says:

Several hours later , I’m still waiting for the verification email…..

7. Shoestring says:

that was quick – 3 mins! (Lotto ad)

8. Simon Fisher says:

I gave up on Reward for Thoughts ages ago as they rejected me for far to many surveys after having asked double digit and personal questions. E-Reward sends you an offer that looks great, then asks you “qualifying questions” that are completely off topic to the email, then tells you that the quota is full for that survey. I still do them though because as commented above I can build IB Avios balance each month (for me the limit is 8000 point for 3000 IB Avios.)

There is also an IHG equivalent Opinion Check In, which like E-rewards gives you a credit for not qualifying.

Worth doing when you have nothing better to do.

9. Interestingly I am getting emails inviting me to participate in a survey for 50 avois – but to unlock the survey i have to give them access to my smart tv, mobile phone location history or similar. Nice try!

10. Why do any companies trust this data from these survey sites? It is like those buttons in hospitals and Ikea – why make major business decisions based on random button pressing?!

11. How long before avios are posted after completing the first survey?