Emirates has released a new batch of Arsenal football tickets for Emirates Skywards members who have miles to redeem.
This season sees a couple of changes:
pricing is more variable – there has historically just been high and low depending on opposition
games are being released at shorter notice
The latter change is actually an improvement. The TV scheduling is only decided a couple of months in advance. Historically you could book a ticket for a Saturday and end up seeing the game on Friday, Saturday, Sunday or Monday. Even worse, Emirates did not allow you to refund your tickets if the date was changed. The new system hopefully allows tickets to only be released when the date is firm.
You can see the current games available on this page of the Emirates website (log in required). This is what is available as of last night:
- Arsenal vs Vitória Sport Clube – Emirates Box – 24 October – 22,000 miles
- Arsenal vs Vitória Sport Clube – General Admission – 24 October – 11,000 miles
- Arsenal vs Wolves – Emirates Box – 2 November – 22,000 miles
- Arsenal vs Wolves – General Admission – 2 November – 11,000 miles
- Arsenal vs Southampton – Emirates Box – 23 November – 24,000 miles
- Arsenal vs Southampton – General Admission – 23 November – 12,000 miles
- Arsenal vs Eintracht Frankfurt – Emirates Box – 28 November – 22,000 miles
- Arsenal vs Eintracht Frankfurt – General Admission – 28 November – 11,000 miles
- Arsenal vs Brighton & Hove Albion – Emirates Box – 3 December – 22,000 miles
- Arsenal vs Brighton & Hove Albion – General Admission – 3 December – 11,000 miles
- Arsenal vs Manchester City – Emirates Box – 14 December – 35,000 miles
- Arsenal vs Manchester City – General Admission – 14 December – 25,000 miles
- Arsenal vs Chelsea – Emirates Box – 28 December – 35,000 miles
- Arsenal vs Chelsea – General Admission – 28 December – 25,000 miles
The Emirates Box is VERY good. It is the best located box in the stadium and you get good quality drinks and hot food before, during and after the game. Here is a review of a past trip although I have been 7-8 times since.
Transfers from American Express Membership Rewards to Emirates Skywards are instantaneous if the accounts are already linked and should be pretty quick even if they are not. Note that you are restricted to two tickets per game per Skywards account.
IMPORTANT: New Terms & Conditions say that tickets CANNOT be transferred. During the purchase process, you can no longer give another name as the attendee. It looks like the mileage holder must attend. Photo ID is required to collect tickets at the ground.
How to earn Emirates Skywards miles from UK credit cards (August 2021)
Emirates Skywards does not have a UK credit card. However, you can earn Emirates Skywards miles by converting Membership Rewards points earned from selected UK American Express cards. These are:
- American Express Preferred Rewards Gold (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 20,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 20,000 Emirates Skywards miles. This card is FREE for your first year and also comes with two free airport lounge passes.
- The Platinum Card from American Express (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 30,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 30,000 Emirates Skywards miles
- American Express Rewards credit card (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 5,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 5,000 Emirates Skywards miles. This card is FREE for life.
Membership Rewards points convert at 1:1 into Emirates Skywards miles which is an attractive rate. The cards above all earn 1 Membership Rewards point per £1 spent on your card, which converts to 1 Emirates Skywards mile. The Gold card earns double points (2 per £1) on all flights you charge to it.