Hyatt opens its first hotel in Ireland – Hyatt Centric The Liberties Dublin

Hyatt has opened the 234-room Hyatt Centric The Liberties Dublin, which is the first Hyatt branded hotel in Ireland.

It is based in The Liberties, which is apparently one of Dublin’s most historic and vibrant areas dating back to the 10th century.  It is within 10 minutes walk of the Irish Museum of Modern Art, St Patrick’s Cathedral, the Dublin Liberties Distillery and the Guinness Storehouse.

Hyatt Centric Liberties Dublin

I was pleasantly impressed by the new Hyatt Centric in Madrid where I stayed last year (review), so I would have high hopes for this hotel.  For top-tier World of Hyatt members, the hotel has nine suites for potential upgrades including a Terrace View Suite overlooking the Dublin Mountains.

There is no swimming pool but there is a 24/7 fitness centre.

World of Hyatt members can earn 500 bonus points on stays until 31st December 2019.  No registration is required – full details are on the ‘new hotel bonuses’ page of hyatt.com here.

You can find out more about Hyatt Centric The Liberties Dublin on the website here.  As a redemption, it is 12,000 World of Hyatt points per night which is fair to decent value given the room rates – you should get more than my target value of 1p per Hyatt point.

Our review of Qatar Airways Qsuite business class (Part 2)
Get double Club Eurostar points on train trips this Autumn!

Double Rewards
AMEX Gold 20,000 bonus points

Comments

1. fivebobbill says:

O/T Amex referral points. Trying to find out where I might stand before I contact Amex.
    I referred a family member for the Amex Rewards card, her Gold fee had just hit and she wanted to keep her MR points alive and claim back part of the fee.
    Unfortunately she mistakenly applied for the “free” BA Amex instead.
    As it happened, she already held a BAPP card, managed alongside her Gold card in her online Amex account. She then added the new FREE BA card to her account and the BAPP logo has now been replaced with the free BA Amex.
    All done in error of course, as she will now still have to apply for the Amex Rewards card before she can cancel her Gold.
    However, she did apply for the free BA Amex via my referral link, and has since registered it online, but I haven’t received any referral points!
    Is this correct? Insofar as she already had a BA Amex, albeit the PAID version? Are the referral points for a new account or a new card? Should I not get the referral points anyway?

• Technically this is a downgrade of her existing card, not a new application. All her existing transaction data, voucher spend etc is carried over. I can therefore see why Amex does not treat it as a new application.

• In my experience there are no referral points given when you refer someone to a BA card of any type when that person already holds a BA card of any type.

• fivebobbill says:

Thanks Rob/Keith.
      I get what you say Rob, and to an extent I actually agree, but it isn’t clear, I’ve seen talk on here that “technically” you DON’T just downgrade when going from BAPP to free BA. I’ve also read that Amex treat it as a new card application and you have to go through the normal process, apply, credit check etc. That’s why I was asking if anyone had experienced a similar situation before I contacted Amex, and Keith would appear to have obliged.
      Thanks again both for the replies

• We accidentally did something similar this once. No referral points and I had all the hassle of re-upgrading to the BAPP 🤦‍♀️. Amex were fine about it though.

2. Amex offer on NH hotels – need a stay in Porto in mid November and one of the NH hotels looks good. Has anyone received the statement credit for a non-UK stay after October 31 when prepaid? Unfortunately Marriott offer does not include anything in Portugal so seeing what else I can do!

• Genghis says:

The IC offers good value even now at 50k points a night. Good experience as SE AMB. Booked up again for next year.

3. Hi. I currently have IHG Platinum Elite status mainly through spending on my IHG CC. I’m 4,000 points off Spire Elite and although I appreciate that the guaranteed benefits are non-existent, chasing the status for the benefit of 25k bonus points seems worthwhile. I’m continuing to put points through via adding to my Revolut account but would booking a hotel via cash and points and then cancelling to receive the points count towards status? In summary – do refunded points count towards status? Thanks.

4. OT
    A little light relief – Music Video (Drunk on a Plane)

• Shoestring says:

🙂 nice one

roll on Friday, heading off for our place in the sun with No1 son

• I love this song – Dierks Bentley is a favourite of mine. I was very pleased earlier this year to be sitting in seat 7A on my first trip to Nashville, sipping on that cheap champagne 😉

5. Can we have another letter please, Bob?!!!

6. Talking of IHG points, is it ever worth buying the “bonus point package” when booking – 1000 points for 5 quid – how does this compare to normal purchase price?

• They are valid for status. Normal bought points do not count towards status.

• If you want to get status (with a “refund” of 25000 points) a fiver for 1000 points is not too bad, but you can usually get 1000 points for 4.80 euros

7. If any of you have the Caffe Nero app there’s a link on HUKD to add a free drink voucher to your app (the link is from Heathrow Rewards apparently). The voucher is valid for two weeks.

8. Any good deals floating around for Lounge Access at the moment?

9. Shoestring says:

Some amazing prices in the Ryanair £5+ sale https://www.ryanair.com/gb/en/plan-trip/explore/cheap-deals

Raffles – you can send Rhys somewhere dodgy without breaking the bank!

• Already have – he was in Glasgow yesterday 🙂

• Shoestring says:

Me with my big mouth – great idea sending Rhys off to Gdansk for the weekend in November on the £5 Ryanair deal – but…

Looks like I’ll be Ryanairing it myself next summer, for the first time in a few years. I’m counting on a £1 car rental to get me to LHR/ BA RFS flight at the start of the summer hols – save on the airport parking – but my wife doesn’t fancy coming out to our place in the sun quite so long next year so won’t give me the customary lift back from LHR in her car. Which makes Ryanair to Bristol a better option, easier for pick up or even train down to Cornwall. Just need to find a cheapy fare.

Our kids’ state schools are taking 3 & 4 September as inset days so we get an extra week’s summer hols.

10. OT — I have the 40% back on Free Now (formerly MyTaxi) spend on my Platinum and my Rewards card. However, on my Gold credit card the offer reads “Spend 10x get £100 back, once.” Is this really saying get £100 back for 10 purchases? Or am I misinterpreting it?

11. Shoestring says:

10,000/ 30,000 Avios sign-up free/ paid BA Amex cards

• clicked on link says “5000 or 25000.

Just done the 25k BA card before I cancel is there a supplementary card bonus.

Thanks.

• Shoestring says:

must be targeted, then

when I click on it, 10k & 30K

presumably in another browser/ no cookies it would drop down

• I’ve just been emailed a 10,000 welcome offer on the free BA card. These are becoming quite regular following the amex armageddon

• 1000 for first supp card on free card and 3000 on the BAPP

• Thanks. I thought the agent was wrong on chat when he stated no bonus unless invited.