Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Who won 1 million Avios in our Monese competition?

Back in September we ran a competition in association with online bank Monese to win 1 million Avios.

I apologise for the delay in announcing the winner.  Monese wanted to be the first to announce the names, so we had to wait until they had published their blog post.  The winners – there were six in total, of which Head for Points was allocated a guaranteed slot – are here.

The HFP winner from that list was Daniel G.  He wrote to me two weeks ago to say:

“I entered the Monese Avios Millionaire competition via the HFP code a few months back and was lucky enough to win – The Avios dropped into my BAEC account today!  I’ve been subscribed to the site for a while now and find the info and tips you write about really informative – I enter competitions all the time but I have literally never won anything, till now.”

He also asked for tips on spending his stash 🙂

Well done Daniel, and thank you to everyone who entered.

Comments (114)

• rams1981 says:

OT just saw my BA flight delayed by 1 hour 40 mins to Boston. That doesn’t lead to much comp if any I assume? Annoying as now lands 11pm local time.

• Martha says:

Esso £50 offer.
    When using it tracking on your amaex?
    Could you also use it at a Morrisons in an esso for double offer?

• Alan says:

OT – due to add the 2nd leg our 241 booking in the next couple of days.

The outward leg is in first class – any reason I can’t call the 24 hour ‘You First’ number, rather than the US/Japan? Does anyone have any experience of this?

• sloth says:

not personally but i know someone else (SpursDeb?) mentioned doing exactly that recently and was fine

• Shoestring says:

Ryanair £5/ seat sale https://www.ryanair.com/gb/en/plan-trip/explore/cyber-week-9

I think Rhys needs to go somewhere for a tenner return

• BJ says:

OT: Accidently found myself in a dog-friendly Hilton this weekend. Had to be moved three times. Never realised such hotels existed which is a bit surprising given the number of people who own dogs. Got nothing against dogs but I don’t want to stay in a hotel with loads of them again so will be looking out for that in future reservations.

• Riku says:

I tried booking a one-day one-way rental from Worcester to Heathrow with Avis and the offer IS too good to be true. It wasn’t 10 pounds but “no cars available”. Instead I had to book a two day car rental and only then are cars “available”. I called Avis and the branches can block short term car rentals from time to time which seems to be happening in this case.

• Rooster says:

Rubbish company wouldn’t accept my application for whatever random reason