Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

BOXING DAY ONLY – Save 10% on Virgin Holidays and Virgin Atlantic ‘flight and hotel’ packages

I wasn’t planning to run a 2nd article today, but Virgin Holidays and Virgin Atlantic have a good ‘one day only’ deal which I thought was worth flagging.

With the first offer, you can save 10% today if you book a Virgin Atlantic ‘flight and hotel’ package.

Virgin Holidays boxing day discount

These need to be booked via this page of the Virgin Atlantic website.  You need to use code 10SALE to get the discount.  The discount applies to the price before airport taxes so it will be marginally lower than 10%.

The deal applies for packages booked for all of 2020.

Full details are on this page of the website.

If you were only planning to book flights in the Virgin Atlantic sale, you may want to price them up today with this offer.  You might end up getting your hotel included for little extra cost.

The same discount applies to anything you book at Virgin Holidays on Boxing Day.

It is the same discount code – 10SALE – and it is valid for departures up to 31st December 2020.  There are no minimum spend requirements.

You need to book via the Virgin Holidays sale site here.

As this is a one day deal I am having to write this article in advance of the deal going live, but I have Virgin’s word that everything should up and running properly on Boxing Day!

Virgin Holidays 10% discount

How to earn Virgin Atlantic miles from UK credit cards

As a reminder, there are various ways of earning Virgin Flying Club miles from UK credit cards.  Many cards also have generous sign-up bonuses!

Click here to read our detailed summary of all UK credit cards which earn Virgin Flying Club miles.  That page is regularly updated with the latest special offers and will still be accurate even if you are reading this article months after publication.

Comments (22)

• Benilyn says:

OT: who should I look for Avios partner redemptions from Japan / Tokyo to Seoul? I haven’t nailed down my Japan itinerary yet, so not sure from what city in Japan.

• Alex Sm says:

Definitely not Virgin. But JAL will do as an option

• John says:

Huh? Isn’t JAL the only option – Korean airlines are skyteam and star, and the other Japanese airline is star. Lots of cheap no-frills airlines though

• Rob says:

JAL is your only easy option unless you want to go via HK on Cathay, KL on Malaysia etc.

• Benilyn says:

What website can I see Avios availability through? On ba.com website and app, I can’t even find flights from Tokyo to Seoul (would’ve thought 3rd party airlines would show up?)

• Yan says:

because JAL only fly GMP (not ICN if you searched for Seoul on BA)
          good availability if you forced the search with from HND to GMP on BA website

• Benilyn says:

Hi Yan – just tried when I type in GMP nothing comes up, doesn’t recognize it as a airport. Have you tried recently? Thanks

• Yan says:

Hi Benilyn – just type GMP (leave it in the box even nothing comes up) and proceed with your search. The BA search engine will pick it up in the next step.

• Lady London says:

GMP apparently much better located than ICN for Seoul I’ve been told.

• Andrew says:

Quick tip.

Check both the Virgin Atlantic site and the Virgin Holidays site for the same trip. There’s often a price differential between the two routes. Just saved £60 per person on a trip

• r* says:

Are there likely to be any of the sales appearing soon where the business flights from oslo etc to asia are for around 1200e? Not sure if qatar have post christmas sales?

• DavidWM says:

I am looking to get to Sri Lanka in July. I have looked at the Virgin sale and see there are direct flights (ie with Sri Lankan Airlines). However if I search on BA, direct flights to Sri Lanka do not come up as an option (even though it is One World), I would like to book somehow through BA to benefit from status and Avios.
    Any help appreciated.

• Shoestring says:

if it’s Oneworld, you can presumably book flights on Sri Lankan then use your BA FF details to get BA Avios & TPs

• DavidWM says:

Thanks, yes I can book them there, but I don’t think I can redeem any Avios there, which I was hoping to do.

• Shoestring says:

ah right I get you – I don’t think every flight will be open to a points redemption, probably a phone call would confirm this – not sure what Sri Lankan limitations are but I know for a fact certain airlines are very tough to get redemption flights on even if you are first to look

• Lady London says:

The techies way would be to find out what class the award seats you want are on the particular airline and then use a tool to search that particular class restricting search to just that airline. Ita matrix does it if Google haven’t lamed it even more since owning it. I think Expert Flyer does it and there are a couple of other tools around whose names I’ve forgotten.

Then you’d call BA and ask for those seats. If you get a competent agent (be prepared to huaca a time or two) you might get them.

Its common for airlines not to show their frequent flyer members award seats that are available on allied airlines. This may be permanent, temporary or only showing CX seats, for example, 7 days ahead. Quite often those seats are bookable by calling if you can find a way to find them.

• KBuffett says:

Hilton redemptions for NYE are over 600,000 points for one night at Trafalgar and 428,000 at Park Lane! Wow.

• Rob says:

Only because those are Premium Rewards where Hilton Honors is buying your room for the normal cash price from the hotel, at 0.25p or whatever per point. You’d have gone them for the standard rate if you’d booked a lot earlier.

• KBuffett says:

Thanks Rob

Does anyone have good recommendations for London hotel stays, with perhaps a good view of the fireworks without the hassles!! I might book for next year!

• Lady London says:

This is dynamic award pricing at its best 🙂