Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Revolut is offering free airport lounge access if your flight is delayed!

Revolut is now offering lounge access for Premium and Metal customers whose flights are delayed. You will get a Priority Pass voucher if your flight is delayed 60 minutes or more.

The offer is essentially the same as O2’s flight delay scheme, launched last October, which also gives delayed passengers free access to lounges.  Both companies have signed contracts with Collinson, the company that operates Priority Pass.

The scheme is called SmartDelay.  To make use of the offer you must use the Revolut app to register your flight details before you fly.  You are automatically sent lounge passes to the Revolut app if your flight is delayed by an hour or more.

Revolut Premium customers can bring one guest into the lounge whilst Metal users receive three guest passes.  If you are on the free Revolut tier you do not get the SmartDelay benefits.

The scheme works across the Priority Pass network with over 1,300 lounges in 500 different airports.  In airports with multiple Priority Pass lounges I am guessing that you can take your pick.

It is not clear if SmartDelay gives you guaranteed lounge access, given the frequent overcrowding at UK Priority Pass lounges.  It would be pretty poor PR to offer free lounge passes for flight delays only to turn people away at the door, although presumably there are maximum occupancy requirements.

You can see the full SmartDelay terms and conditions on the Revolut website here.

Our review of Revolut Metal is here.

Comments (86)

• Roger says:

Worth subscribing Telegraph digital with current subscription offer plus Amex offer of £20 back on £25 spend on Amex Platinum?

• Clive says:

What’s the math and offer Roger?

• Shoestring says:

£75 Amazon

• Roger says:

Where? I only see 6 months for £25 combined with amex it will be £5 for 6 months telegraph subscription

• Roger says:

Sorry spoke too soon.

“£25 for your first 6 months, billed as £4.16 per month. You can cancel anytime.”

So Amex offer would not work.

• Shoestring says:

from today’s DT p18, ad
            Freeze the price of your print subscription before it goes up in March and claim a £75 giftcard

only £598/ year 🙂

• EwanG says:

Saturday Telegraph 12 months @ £2/week = £104 and as it’s an annual they are offering £25 GC (Amazon, M&S, JL I think are the options) and sub billed in one you get the Amex benefit saving £20. You also get online access including premium articles.

• Shoestring says:

or get it for free like me, Ewan, happy to repeat the method (er, seems I am in a time warp!) ho ho!

• EwanG says:

Thanks Harry I have your method and use it periodically. In fact just this morning we were using the Pressreader app with my daughter on her school supplied iPad and I was surprised that it gave full access without needing to be logged into any account!
            However certain people in my household are more traditional and like to read a bit of paper!! I could always use the voucher to get £2.50 (or whatever the Sat DT costs) off my shopping at Waitrose instead…

• Cuchlainn says:

Hilton related:
    Have gold status courtesy of Amex Platinum. If I book room only in UK / Ireland will I automatically get buffet breakfast included as I have selected continental breakfast as my preferred MyWay benefit ? Thanks

• Eli gold says:

Article says

“You will also get 10% – 25% off ‘international public rates’, depending on what status you hold with Europcar.”

T&C’s on the europcar link implies that it’s status with ALL (accor l….) Not status with europcar

• Shoestring says:

O/T @Harry T/ any others – we briefly looked at Avios/ points as just another currency like money the other night.

The one serious area I didn’t mention was cars proper. Here again, careful strategy will save you thousands of £s a year – ie depreciation, running costs & insurance, resale. Not the place to discuss it in depth – but also no point thinking you are points savvy if you are car stupid, the currency available to spend on trips etc comes out of the same bucket.

Interest piqued by a quick look at a very good car site (Carbase) who don’t monkey around with prices and give a great link comparing list prices vs value now after depreciation, eg choose one of these https://www.carbase.co.uk/used/bmw/?startrow=21 and click on [Price Check Now] – very easy to see a list price mid range BMW £36K now worth £12K as a 3YO, (not that it ever sold for list price) – plenty of other makes if you drill down

• Harry T says:

@Shoestring
      Good point, I always follow the MSE advice to get the cheapest possible insurance quote.

I’m quite content with my modest hatchback diesel that gets me from A to B.

• harry hv says:

OT – Error 404 from the IHG Pointsbreaks page, it’s died the death

• Shoestring says:

alas, poor Pointsbreak! – ! I knew this, Raffles: a promotion of infinite opportunity, of most excellent holidays: it hath borne me on its back a thousand times; and now, how abhorred in my imagination it is! my gorge rims at it. Here hung those lips that I have kissed I know not how oft. Where be your gibes now? your gambols? your songs? your flashes of merriment, that were wont to set the table on a roar? Not one now, to mock your own grinning? quite chap-fallen? Now get you to my lady’s chamber, and tell her, let her paint an inch thick, to this favour she must come; make her realise that Pointsbreak is no more!

• Martha says:

Anyone know if i use visa COT card for Azimo if I will get charged a cash advance? How can I find out before?