Get a special British Airways Valentine deal when two people travel

Whilst nowhere near as generous as the Lufthansa / SWISS ‘2-4-1’ offers which also launched yesterday, British Airways has launched some decent offers to celebrate Valentine’s Day this week.

Here are the rules:

• Book by Friday 14th February
  • Travel dates vary by route and are, frankly, VERY restricted on some of them
  • Two people must travel

Full details of this offer and the valid travel dates are on this page of ba.com.

Porto quayside

The most interesting deals are the three Club Europe routes from London Gatwick, to Bergamo, Nice and Porto.  These work out from £160 return per person.  This is a very decent deal if you want to pick up 80 British Airways Executive Club tier points whilst having a pleasant short break.

The pictures in this article are from my trip to Porto last week.

Porto tram

Bangkok – £3,999 for two people

Boston – £2,999 for two people

Cape Town – £5,499 for two people

Chicago – £2,999 for two people

Dubai – £3,000 for two people

Durban – £5,299 for two people

Johannesburg – £5,299 for two people (or £1,980 in the Lufthansa sale!)

Muscat – £3,800 for two people (saves a whopping £30 per person ……!)

Nashville – £2,999 for two people

New York – £2,999 for two people

Seychelles – £3,199 for two people

Porto city centre

To maximise your miles when paying, your best bet is the British Airways American Express Premium Plus card which earns double Avios (3 per £1) when you book at ba.com or via BA Holidays.  You do not get double Avios if you book with the free British Airways American Express card.  Another option is American Express Preferred Rewards Gold which offers double points – 2 per £1 – when you book flight tickets directly with an airline.

PS.  If you missed it, take a look at our recent article on 10 reasons to get the FREE British Airways American Express credit card.

BREAKING: Air Italy goes into liquidation - no more Avios earning or redeeming possible
World of Hyatt launches its new Spring hotel points promotion - register now

Double Rewards
AMEX Gold 20,000 bonus points

Comments

1. sdconniechan says:

Is there a calendar to show the discounted fare dates? I have no idea what dates are available for this BA promotion. Do I have to manually search?

2. OT: Anyone get their point from the Tesco Pet Insurance offer that was on here?

• Shoestring says:

far too early [If you cancel your policy within the first 35 days, you will not collect the Clubcard points. Clubcard number must be provided during quote if prompted. The Clubcard must be in your name and the Clubcard points will be added to a future Clubcard statement.]

3. OT — Can you use non-UK cards with Curve? I have a low-five-figure student loan balance I’d like to pay off and I’m interested in using a US-registered Visa via Curve to do it, if possible.

• Seriously doubt it as it probably wouldn’t let you add it, if it does however it might work

• Yes, I have a European bank card (with non uk address) on my UK curve account

• TGLoyalty says:

However, curve works in Europe (the EU)

Only reason I could see it failing is via address verification. It would probably be the zip. Is there a way for zip codes to be made to look like a uk postcode?

• Thank you very much for this. I have just added an EU credit card which has EU address.

I thought I tried doing that last year and could not because it would not allow different addresses(countries) for different cards.
        Not sure whether they have expanded the functionality or my memory is wrong.

Less positively, even as Legacy Black they seem to be charging a spread of 1.5%-2% on foreign spend during the week, so I am using only within currencies.

• Card added to Curve successfully (including verification). I’ll make a purchase tomorrow and see if it all goes through correctly.

4. OT: is it possible to use the Concorde Room at T5 if flying F from T3 and then go back to T3? Is CX lounge better than Concorde?

• Nope. You won’t get airside in T5 without a T5 boarding pass.

The Cathay F lounge is very pleasant though, and if you don’t like that there is the Qantas Lounge and BA F lounge to try, plus AA if you’re desperate. The George’s Vesselle champagne was drinking really well on Friday… hic…

In fact, why not take in two or more?

• Shoestring says:

is it 6 you can try?

BA F & J
        Cathay F & J
        Qantas
        AA

• Shoestring says:

and AA is admittedly a bit bare/ oldish/ dull

but has self pour JD’s etc & the food wasn’t bad as such

• Which as the best drinks…champagne/cocktails in particular if flying BA F? I assume Cathay F?

• TGLoyalty says:

Depends on your tipple I like the Qantas gins and cocktails

Cathay J and F both have cocktail I don’t recall F champagne but most rate it.

• Went to the AA T3 arrivals lounge for the first time on Monday. Not a bad space and a tasty eggs royale cooked to order.

5. Hi, no bits but 2-4-1 related. I have flights and car booked on 2-4-1 in September, if I had to cancel in next two weeks what would I lose money wise? (Had to pay taxes etc up front for flights). Thanks for any replies

• Cancellation fee is only £35, you get all the avios and voucher back. I don’t know about the car sorry.

• You can’t book the 2 4 1 as a package so I assume you mean you have a separate car hire booking? There’s no issue cancelling the flights, you would just pay £35 pp cancellation fee which is retained from the taxes/fees you have paid and you’ll get the avios and voucher back (with original expiry date). The car booking depends on the terms when you booked it, it’s not usually refundable as far as I know.

6. OT: anyone else getting various £5 ‘American express promotional credits’? I have at least three and no idea why/what for! Definitely not complaining, just intrigued!

7. Wally1976 says:

OT – has anyone stayed at the DoubleTree Hilton Oxford Belfry? Just wondering if they give you the full breakfast as a gold member or just continental?

Thanks.

8. andrew Lyons says:

Wow , thanks Rob

Despite the end of the BA sale there are still some fantastic deals!

We have booked a flight/car package in October to Tel Aviv going out Club and returning First for £1350 each, it would have been £200 less each if we had returned Club!

Many thanks for drawing our attention to these BA deals