What are the British Airways weekend flights from Glasgow, Edinburgh, Manchester and Stansted?

Although British Airways has pulled out of non-domestic flights from regional airports in the UK, you can still find a select number of holiday routes operated by British Airways subsidiary CityFlyer.

During the week, CityFlyer flies from London City airport to key business destinations in Europe. At weekends, however, it offers a range of leisure destinations to maximise the use of its aircraft.

As a reminder, CityFlyer has a fleet of Embraer aircraft with 2-2 seating in Club Europe and Euro Traveller. Unlike the mainline British Airways fleet, you get a free drink and snack service regardless of what class (or ticket!) you book.

BA E190

Some of these leisure routes are operated from non-London airports. As a subsidiary of British Airways, you can earn and burn Avios and tier points on CityFlyer flights just as you would on any other BA flight.

Below is the full list of CityFlyer leisure routes operated this summer from UK regional airport (and Stansted!)

Some days only see flights departing or arriving and are marked with an asterisk (*).

Some of these routes earn 160 British Airways Executive Club tier points if you fly Club Europe and are therefore worth a look if you are chasing British Airways status.

It is important to note that Palma and Malaga flights on some routes earn 160 tier points in Club Europe even though identical flights from London only earn 80 tier points.  You can verify this via the British Airways tier point calculator here.

If you want to know about other Avios redemption ideas, this HFP article looks at Avios flights from UK regional airports.

From Edinburgh:

Florence: Friday, Saturday, Sunday
Palma: Saturday (160 tier points)

From Glasgow:

Palma: Saturday (160 tier points)

From Manchester:

Alicante: Saturday
Florence: Saturday
Ibiza: Saturday*, Sunday*
Malaga: Saturday, Sunday* (160 tier points)
Mykonos: Saturday (160 tier points)
Nice: Saturday, Sunday
Palma: Saturday, Sunday*

From Stansted:

Faro: Saturday
Florence: Saturday, Sunday
Ibiza: Saturday*, Sunday*
Malaga: Saturday
Mykonos: Saturday*, Sunday*
Palma: Saturday

You can book on the BA website.  The start and end dates for the season vary by route.

PS.  If you missed it, take a look at our recent article on 10 good reasons to get the British Airways Premium Plus American Express card.

LAST DAY: Win 2 x Business Class tickets with Qatar Airways and HFP to (virtually) anywhere!
New IAG Loyalty (Avios Group) CEO announced

Double Rewards
AMEX Gold 20,000 bonus points

Comments

1. Although not useful to most (could be mixed with another flight) you can also fly BA on…

TXL-STN (Friday)
    STN-TXL (Sunday)

2. Concerto says:

I was wondering if there were any mainstream destinations that you might actually need to fly to, so Berlin is a good addition. The others I could use are Nice and Florence.

3. These routes are fantastic for those of us in the regions who resent paying 2 x Avios and RFS fees to get to short haul destinations via LHR, however I am sure BA would find these routes profitable if they offered them at Easter and spring/autumn half term also.

Also, I think Rob did an article recently pointing out that MAN-AGP return in CE is 160 tier points which could also be useful.

• Sorry Rhys, I notice you’ve included the tier points in brackets – I think my brain has shut down for the weekend already!

• Great for tier points but the product itself isnt great value imo vis economy for these flights with ide ticks sssting (and assuming lounge access etc already with amex)

• Good lord… identical seating..!

• No chance of lounge access at MAN T3 unless flying on a business class ticket or pay full price for non-BA lounge. I would rather get 160 tier points from a direct flight than have to change at LHR even if the service is slightly better.

• Sandgrounder says:

I have never once been refused entry to the PP lounge in MAN T3 or any other terminal, reasonably frequent leisure flyer, double figures visits every year for the past ten years or so. It’s not impossible, it just depends on the time of your visit I suppose.

• Do you mean you are using Priority Pass to access the Escape lounge in T3? Of course it doesn’t help that we mainly travel at peak periods at the moment!

• The Savage Squirrel says:

Sandgrounder … I’ve never yet got in with PP at MAN!

Yes of course timing must play a huge factor and shows there is no one size fits all in this game – like here PP is a valuable tool to you and worthless to me :D.

• Sandgrounder says:

If it’s T3 for me it’s almost always one of the last flights out in the evening after work (generally the shuttle or a Flybe) or first thing in the morning to RIX. I almost got a knockback at Liverpool last year (solo, squeezed me in), but the only time I have actually been denied entry to any lounge is at LHR, twice, on BA reward ticket return legs (before domestic club). Judging by the reports on here, I have lived a charmed existence indeed!

• Got in Man T3 escape with DragonPass in Feb half term, no probs (2:30pm’ish)

4. Erico1875 says:

looking via seatspy there is hardly any availability left July and August

5. We are using Edinburgh to Florence this summer. It’s nice to have a BA option that doesn’t involve changing in London and the flight times are excellent.

Coming back from Bologna – I expect the virus will have either killed us all or burnt out by then.

6. Sandra B says:

Love these flights from the regions. 2 from Edinburgh and 3 from Manchester using RFS allow a great family holiday in a posh villa. 2020 will be year 3. I agree with Anna that an extension into other months would be popular. Nice small aircraft with decent legroom.

7. odd that the reason ba operate these flights not mentioned in the article

curfew at lcy sat am and sun pm so increases utilisation of otherwise idle planes

• does “At weekends, however, it offers a range of leisure destinations to maximise the use of its aircraft” not count? 🙂

• Not really. If I didn’t already know the reason then that wouldn’t have helped me at all.

• I don’t think most people care about the reason, they just care that it’s happening 🙂 we aren’t an avgeek site after all!

• For accuracy the LCY closure is from 13.00 Sat to 12.30 Sun

8. Trying PMI-GLA for first time this summer in Club. Anyone know what the meal service is? It’s an evening flight.

• Sandra B says:

Live near GLA but only done EDI. As you are fed in economy as well I’m not sure of the difference although doing Club later this year. Drinks trolley and bacon rolls in the morning. Wraps later in the day is all I can remember. No big 3 course meals but quite civilised and adequate for a 3 hour flight at silly o’clock.

• The cityflyer club meals are usually far better than the LHR or LGW meals in my experience. Frankfurt to LCY on Tuesday night was a decent chicken and mash meal. They’ll usually serve as much booze as you want Vs one round of drinks in economy.

Saying that I only upgraded as I needed a checked bag in a HBO ticket at it was only an extra £20 over the cost of a bag. Worth it for the Japanese toilets in the lounge at FRA!

9. Isn’t Mykonos a 160TP route?

10. What are the weekend destinations from LCY?

11. phatbear says:

totally off-topic, oh how I wish we had a forum!

Any ideas how I can go about cancelling two flights which were booked through Avios and using a Lloyds upgrade voucher.

Been on hold to Avios for 2hours plus for the past 3 days and had no joy getting through to them out of desperation phone BA exec club who claimed they couldn’t help and said they would put me through to Avios and guess what im now 90mins into waiting for someone to answer the phone!

• People have recommended calling first thing in the morning. Be aware that if you cancel the flight (as opposed to change), you forfeit the Lloyd’s voucher.

• Phatbear says:

Yes i know about the voucher but due to my health issues and lots of the reasons we were going to japan for being cancelled i dont have much choice

• Yes call at 0830 and waiting times are much lower. I even got through without waiting once!