Marriott Bonvoy is running a generous new offer for anyone who is not currently a member.
If you join and make two stays at any of the Marriott brands between now and 28th September, you will receive a voucher for a FREE night.
This is strictly for new members of Marriott Bonvoy. However, even if you are already a member, perhaps your partner or someone else you travel with is not.
The only ‘catch’ is that the free night is only valid at hotels costing up to 25,000 Marriott Bonvoy points per night. This means, at least in Europe, you are looking at a three-star property.
In the parlance of the Marriott system, 25,000 points is good for a free night at any Category 1-3 hotel or an off-peak or standard priced night at a Category 4.
The rules say that:
“You may use additional points to upgrade your room type, subject to availability.”
This implies, to me, that if the hotel has base rooms at 25,000 points but also has executive rooms or suites at a higher points level, you will be allowed to add additional points if you wish.
Apart from that, there are not many rules:
Your free night must be used within one year of receiving your voucher, which will be generated after your 2nd stay
You need to do two stays, not two nights. Booking two back-to-back stays at the same hotel will not work.
Where can I use my Marriott Bonvoy free night voucher?
Whilst the voucher can be used globally, this list shows the UK hotels which can be booked for 25,000 points and is a decent example of the sort of place you’ll be spending your free night.
Remember that any Category 4 hotels on this list can only be booked on off-peak or standard dates, as a peak date is 30,000 points and above the voucher cap.
- Aberdeen Marriott
- AC Hotel Belfast
- AC Hotel Birmingham
- AC Hotel Manchester Salford Quays
- AC Hotel Manchester City Centre
- Aloft Aberdeen
- Aloft Birmingham Eastside
- Aloft Liverpool (reviewed here)
- Aloft London Excel (reviewed here)
- Bexleyheath Marriott
- Bristol Marriott City Centre
- Bristol Marriott Royal
- Courtyard Aberdeen Airport
- Courtyard Edinburgh West
- Courtyard Glasgow Airport
- Courtyard Inverness Airport (reviewed here)
- Courtyard London City Airport (opens August)
- Courtyard London Gatwick
- Courtyard London Heathrow (opens August)
- Courtyard Luton Airport
- Courtyard Oxford South
- Courtyard Oxford City Centre
- Delta Hotels Cheltenham Chase
- Delta Hotels Milton Keynes
- Delta Hotels Nottingham Belfry
- Durham Marriott
- Forest of Arden Marriott
- Glasgow Marriott
- Heathrow / Windsor Marriott
- Huntingdon Marriott
- Leeds Marriott
- Leicester Marriott
- Lingfield Park Marriott
- Liverpool Marriott City Centre
- London Marriott Twickenham
- Manchester Airport Marriott (photo above, reviewed here)
- Moxy Aberdeen Airport
- Moxy Birmingham NEC
- Moxy Chester
- Moxy Edinburgh Airport
- Moxy Glasgow SEC
- Moxy Glasgow Merchant City
- Moxy London Excel (reviewed here)
- Moxy London Heathrow
- Moxy London Stratford
- Moxy Heathrow Airport
- Moxy Southampton
- Moxy York
- Newcastle Gateshead Marriot Metro Centre
- Northampton Marriott
- Peterborough Marriott
- Portsmouth Marriott
- Preston Marriott
- Renaissance London Heathrow
- Renaissance Manchester City Centre
- Residence Inn Aberdeen
- Sheraton Skyline Heathrow
- Sheraton Heathrow
- St Pierre Marriott
- Swansea Marriott
- Swindon Marriott
- Tudor Park Marriott
- University Arms, Cambridge (probably the best on this list – see here, pictured below)
- Waltham Abbey Marriott
- Worsley Park Marriott
The sign-up page for the offer – remember that you must be a brand new Marriott Bonvoy member – is here.
How to earn Marriott Bonvoy points via UK credit cards
As a reminder, there are various ways of earning Marriott Bonvoy points from UK credit cards. Many cards also have generous sign-up bonuses!
Do you know that holders of The Platinum Card from American Express receive FREE Marriott Bonvoy Gold status for as long as they hold the card? It also comes with Hilton Honors Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold, Shangri-La Golden Circle Jade and Melia Rewards Gold status. We reviewed American Express Platinum in detail here.
Click here to read our detailed summary of all UK credit cards which earn Marriott Bonvoy points. That page is regularly updated with the latest special offers and will still be accurate even if you are reading this article months after publication.
(Want to earn more hotel points? Click here to see our complete list of promotions from the major hotel chains or use the ‘Hotel Promos’ link in the menu bar at the top of the page.)