Get 7,200 Avios or 7,500 Virgin Flying Club or £90 of Hotels.com credit with Tesco Pet Insurance!

Tesco Bank has launched a new pet insurance offer, and it is the most generous we have seen for a long time.

Why is this relevant?!  Let me explain.

Via a new promotion with Money Saving Expert, you will earn 3,000 Clubcard points when you take out a new policy with Tesco Pet Insurance.

How long I do need to keep my policy?

Here’s the key thing.  According to the rules, you only need to keep the policy for 35 days to earn the bonus.  This means you need to make two monthly payments.

The points should arrive within 80 days although it is usually faster.

Get 3000 Tesco Clubcard points with pet insurance

What can I get with 3,000 Tesco Clubcard points?

3,000 Tesco Clubcard points converts into:

7,200 Avios

7,500 Virgin Flying Club miles

£90 of Hotels.com credit (but your stay doesn’t earn Hotels.com Rewards stamps)

…… or many other deals from Tesco Clubcard partners.

Get 3000 Tesco Clubcard Points with pet insurance

How do I apply?

You MUST click through from Money Saving Expert to qualify for the bonus.  This means visiting this page of MSE, scrolling down until you see the Tesco logo and this offer, and then click the link to redirect you to the Tesco Bank website.

Note that the cheapest ‘Accident & Injury’ policies do not count.  You need to buy a Standard, Extra or Premium policy.

You must not be an existing customer of Tesco Pet Insurance.

Here’s a tip:  there is usually no box on the application form for your Tesco Clubcard number.  Tesco Bank finds your account by matching email addresses.  It is essential that you use an email address which matches the one on your Tesco Clubcard account.

The last date to apply is 31st December 2020, so there is no rush if your existing pet insurance policy still has some time to run.  As with all insurance, be wary of switching if your pet has pre-existing conditions.

Why are the British Airways unions snubbing redundancy consultations?
LAST DAY (NOW EXTENDED TO 3rd JUNE): Get a 100% bonus buying Hilton Honors points - is it a good deal?

AMEX Gold 20,000 bonus points

Comments

1. TripleB says:

I’m seeing “extra” policies for an indoor cat of less than 5 quid a month …

• Secret Squirrel says:

You must not be an existing customer of Tesco Pet Insurance.
      If you have had a previous policy, I’m sure your exempt.

2. MattB says:

Too soon to go again? My last policy was cancelled midd march

• We could consider skipping it this time and give the Sainsbury Nectar offer a spin.

• Wally1976 says:

What offer’s this BJ? Not really a fan of Nectar at all but if it’s a really good deal…

• Somebody reported it here about a week ago. I went to Sainsbury Bank to get a link link for you and others but cannot find any sorry. Perhaps it has already expired or was targeted via Nectar. A bit disappointed as I’d probably have given it a go if the quote was ok.

• Wally1976 says:

This offer’s on until December so maybe wait a couple of months? My second policy from last time not fully cancelled yet so will wait a little while and try again.

3. Brian says:

Getting quotes for my cats for 6 quid a month.

• Bogus's owner says:

I am getting quotes of £11 a month for my newly acquired’ cat ‘Bogus’.
      Care to share your cat’s characteristics, please?

• Nathan says:

The quote for Pimpernel, bless his moggy socks, came in at £7 and change for ‘extra’ cover with a £200 xs

4. Sadly no double dipping this time then given we have to click through from the Lewis site. However, benefit of double dipping will be offset given that we get 500 clubcard points extra and will not need to pay the premiums any more than twice provided the clubcard points post as quickly as they have in the past. I wonder if it is still provided by RSA and if they might block applications by those who took out and quickly cancelled their policies within last few months.

• Harry T says:

My clubcard points posted only after I chased them. I wonder if it is because I unintentionally used a different email address to my clubcard one? I wasn’t given the option to put in my clubcard number.

Yes, I think there could be an issue with signing up for this again so quickly.

• Yes, because they use your email address to match the Tesco clubcard account.

• Secret Squirrel says:

I havnt even got my points from the Feb promo yet but over £100 in compo and the other payment will be sufficient. 😉

Tip: If you do take out a policy & fill in your cc details on the application online, call them up soon after to double check they have your cc details connected to the policy.

• Nathan says:

The quote email originates from an RSA domain.

5. Secret Squirrel says:

Probably the same as Monkeys! 😅

• …probably none, we are not fooled, know both squirrels and monkeys are omnivores.

• Secret Squirrel says:

Wonder if you can insure Pet Squirrels, name – Secret.

6. Steve R says:

Will save this for later in the year – daughter can insure her dog!! We got the 2500 points after about 45 day from previous promo

• Brighton Belle says:

Boo! If BA are leaving LGW the trek to LHR from Seagulls City is a bore. Avios is a currency that has lost some appeal. I was tempted to protect Tiddles in a warm blanket of insurance luv.

7. How much does 7200 Avios cost to buy?

• memesweeper says:

By most means, less than £ 90. Take the easier to spend hotels.com credit IMO.

• Roughly 1p each depending how and when so £72. A fraction less with the recent 75%bonus or economist via Canada, a fraction more via the usual 50% bonus buy avios promotion. I have never bought at over 0.5p though.

8. Dr Lee says:

Is the bonus per policy or per customer?

• You can’t get the bonus if you’re already a customer, so by definition ….

• Lee Thornton says:

Not what I meant! Does taking out two policies result in two bonuses? Or is it one bonus per new customer irrespective of the number of policies taken?

• Secret Squirrel says:

Think it will be the same definitions as the previous, if you’ve held a Tesco pet insurance product in the past.
        Probably 6x months may reset the clock.

• @mkcol says:

However if you have more than one ClubCard account with a different email address then surely each account will qualify.

9. Previous policy was closed a few weeks ago, think that the new one would trigger?

10. Really hoping we get some of transfer bonus offer from Tesco to VS in the next quarter or two – although ideally once the future of VS is secured as don’t want to transfer them across then lose them!

11. Good timing – my 2 real cats both have their renewals coming up. Hoping I can put one in my name and one in hubby’s. I’m assuming they accept Amex as payment too? The insurer they are currently with does not and I need some help to reach my annual bonus on Gold at the moment (assuming it does actually work out cheaper, taking the points into account, in the end)!

• Secret Squirrel says:

Direct debit monthly I think.

• Ah ok, I’ll look into it. As I do actually need the insurance I’m not opposed to paying annually up front if that’s an option

• We pay our car insurances up front with Amex each year, it saves money in the long run and helps with triggering our companion vouchers. So companies are definitely set up to do this.