Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

EXCLUSIVE: No1 Lounges to reopen, starting next Thursday

No1 Lounges, the independent lounge network, is to start reopening its sites.

First up is the No1 Lounge in London Gatwick’s North Terminal. The website for the lounge is here.

No1 Lounge Gatwick North reopening

It will reopen on Thursday 17th September, from 6am to 5pm. My Lounge and Clubrooms, also owned by No1, are not reopening just yet.

What has changed at No1 Lounges?

The key dfference is that the buffet service has, unsurprisingly, been withdrawn.

It will be replaced by table service. A new menu of hot and cold food will be introduced.

No1 Lounge Gatwick Airport North Terminal reopening

Other changes include a contactless reception system and the availability of hand sanitiser across the lounge. I would imagine that all newspaper and magazines will have been withdrawn too.

British Airways long-haul services are currently operating from Gatwick North. (There is no short-haul British Airways flying from Gatwick.) BA has done a deal with the Club Aspire lounge (here is our Club Aspire Gatwick North lounge review) for status, Business and First Class passengers.

If you have a DragonPass or similar card, however, you may want to try the No1 Lounge instead. It is a bigger and brighter space and will presumably be a lot emptier than it used to be. Hopefully I can take a look before too long.

You can book a spot for cash on the No1 Lounges website here.

Comments (7)

• Michael C says:

Website claims mags & papers, though I’d be dubious…

• Paul says:

I used club aspire in the north terminal Gatwick airport back in August and I have to say it was something of a dump! I have spent better afternoons in some motorway service stations. It wasn’t very clean, the food selection was appalling and just looked neglected.

I can see why British Airways have chosen it. It fits perfectly with the corporate image of downmarket, cheap and frankly pretty nasty……. and they wonder why no one is flying?

• Pid says:

Or perhaps they chose Club Aspire as it was open when No1 lounge was not?

• Catalan says:

And theres me thinking covid-19 was the real reason people weren’t flying.

• Paul74 says:

Whilst I’m certainly not very impressed with BA’s offering at present either and have resolved to finally move away from them, I don’t think that’s the main reason for most people as ‘Catalan’ has suggested
      Furthermore, covid19 or not, I suspect that the vast majority of travellers do not engage in what service they get when they fly/the benefits of schemes etc to the extent that we on here do.

• Andi says:

I am scheduled to be in Gatwick North next Thursday morning so I will definitely be giving this a go with PP as I am usually a big fan of No1 Lounges so will be interesting to see what it’s like. I will report back when I can.

• Lady London says:

Table service was the standard model in No.1 Gatwick North until a couple of years ago. Tiny but tasty dishes.

I recommend the squash lasagne or any lasagne and I think they did a shepherds pie that was so popular I never got any.

For some reason they claimed they switched to buffet (poor quality but not as bad as Aspire T5 by a long chalk) because customers complained.

The only thing wrong with the earlier “one dish” format was tbe portion sizes got miserabler and miserabler.

I am glad No. 1 Gatwick North’s lovely staff would be working again, Covid has been hard for catering staff.