Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Four more photos of the new British Airways First Suite

On Monday we published the first photograph of the new British Airways First Suite.

We now have four new pictures, courtesy of @Planenews_777 on Twitter:

and

and

and

As a reminder, here is official internal picture we publised on Monday:

British Airways First Suite

We are hoping to take a peek at the seat in the flesh soon. This seat is being installed on four brand new Boeing 777-300ER aircraft being delivered to British Airways this Autumn. The first aircraft arrived last week.

Behind the door, it is still fundamentally the same First Class seat which has been used on other recent deliveries.

Whilst nothing has been confirmed by British Airways, there is talk that it will be retrofitted to the existing Boeing 777-300ER fleet too. This still means, unfortunately, that only a handful of long-haul aircraft will have it and your chances of flying it are slim.

Whether this seat is used on the upcoming Boeing 777X fleet (the larger 777-9 variant) being delivered from 2022, is a different question. British Airways will receive up to 42 Boeing 777X, with 18 firm orders and 24 additional options. Our article on the British Airways Boeing 777-9 / 777X order is here.

Comments (26)

• Tom says:

Looks amazing, hope it’ll be on my next YVR flight 😀

• HAM76 says:

A cubby hole in First. What a brilliant idea… 🙁

• Robert says:

Is buddy dining back?

• marcw says:

Cheesus! It’s just a door! Which won’t be even installed on every aircraft.

• Ryan says:

Is it QSuite?

• Catalan says:

Looks great. Have they managed to retain the individual seat side wardrobes though?

• HAM76 says:

There is what looks like a smaller wardrobe to the left of the TV. It appears the buddy seat on the left can be lifted up. Maybe that is the new shoe storage area. Another small storage is behind the TV above the cubby hole.

• George says:

It’s the same seat as what’s currently on the 787-9 & 787-10 with a door added. So yes the wardrobe is still there and the same size as on the 787s. TV screen is fixed and no buddy dining as per the 787. There is a cubby for your feet but it’s large and very little of your legs is actually in the cubby (unlike in the club suite) and there is a extra stowage bin like the 787 for shoes or a small bag in front of the wardrobe.

• mark2 says:

So there is a shoe storage area!
    Last time I flew in F, on an A380, I left my shoes on the floor while I went to change on arrival. The FA changed the bed back to a seat cutting one of my shoes. Still BA bought me a new pair of shoes and I got the old ones repaired for £8.50.

• HAM76 says:

Yes, if you open the wardrobe it’s the small area at the bottom that goes under the seat in front of you and has room for one pair of regular (male) shoes or sneakers. The height doesn’t allow for any high heels, boots, etc. It might be different with the middle seats, I’m always in A or K.

• Aston100 says:

Looks like a really good business class seat.

• Colin JE says:

Agreed, to me it doesn’t look any better than the new Club seat. I wonder if it justifies the extra cost for anyone else?

• Rhys says:

The seat isn’t the selling point in First. It is attentive service on the ground and in the air, improved food, MUCH smaller cabin etc etc. Compare an F cabin of 8 seats to 40+ in J.

• Dev says:

I almost fell for it!

Nice effort Rhys!

• Andrew says:

I agree with Rhys here – I won’t fly BA business class because the service and food isn’t at the required standard for me, so I will only fly First with BA, but it’s not for the seat, it’s for all the other things as Rhys has pointed out. However the point Aston is making perhaps is that BA First is a good business class seat and product – which I would agree with – Qatar seem to manage to create a First class product and service on board, even in a huge A380 business class cabin, with the only thing lacking being a quality champagne.