Club Eurostar doesn’t run many promotions, so it was surprising to see them come out with a very impressive offer yesterday.
As it happens, I am in the middle of a Eurostar trip as I write. You’ll be seeing some lounge reviews on HfP over the next few days.
All you need to know is:
- you earn 1 point per £1 spent
- there are NO availability restrictions – if a seat is there for cash, you can book it, or upgrade into it, for points
- you can top up your account with a transfer of American Express Membership Rewards points at 15:1
Here’s the new deal.
For all trips booked between 21st September and 5th October, for travel up to 21st March 2022, you will receive:
- double points for Standard and
- triple points for Standard Premier
This means that, based on points being worth around 10p, you are getting points worth 20% of what you paid in Standard and an impressive 30% of what you paid in Standard Premier.
Annoyingly I can’t find details of the offer online so you need to trust us. No registration is required.
Remember that, if you have American Express Platinum, you get free access to Eurostar lounges. No guests are allowed but obviously your Platinum supplementary cardholder can come with you.
How to get Club Eurostar points and lounge access from UK credit cards (October 2021)
Club Eurostar does not have a UK credit card. However, you can earn Club Eurostar points by converting Membership Rewards points earned from selected UK American Express cards. These are:
- American Express Preferred Rewards Gold (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 30,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 2,000 Club Eurostar points. This card is FREE for your first year and also comes with two free airport lounge passes. 30,000 points is a limited offer until 9th November 2021.
- The Platinum Card from American Express (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 60,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 4,000 Club Eurostar points. Card benefits include Eurostar lounge access. 60,000 points is a limited offer until 2nd November 2021.
- American Express Rewards credit card (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 5,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 333 Club Eurostar points. This card is FREE for life.
Membership Rewards points convert at 15:1 into Club Eurostar points which is an attractive rate. The cards above all earn 1 Membership Rewards point per £1 spent on your card, so you will get the equivalent of 1 Club Eurostar point for every £15 you spend.
American Express Platinum comes with a great Eurostar benefit – Eurostar lounge access!
You can enter any Eurostar lounge, irrespective of your ticket type, simply by showing The Platinum Card at the desk. No guests are allowed but you can get entry for your partner by issuing them with a free supplementary Amex Platinum card on your account.