Radisson Rewards has launched a new ‘double points’ promotion.
Radisson is already the most generous hotel scheme in terms of the number of base points you earn per $1 spent, so when the company is offering double points it is doubly lucrative.
Radisson Rewards is the loyalty scheme for Radisson Blu, Radisson RED, Radisson, Park Plaza and Park Inn amongst other brands.
Radisson no longer runs global promotions
Earlier in 2021, Radisson Rewards was split into two – Radisson Rewards (which includes the UK) and Radisson Rewards Americas. Each programme is now totally separate but, confusingly, you can status match between the two and transfer points between the two programmes.
To show you how silly this is, if you were planning a Radisson stay in the United States:
- you would need to open a separate Radisson Rewards Americas account
- you would need to status match your Radisson Rewards status to Radisson Rewards Americas
- your stay wouldn’t count for any promotions (like this one) being run by Radisson Rewards
- after your stay, you would need to transfer your points from Radisson Rewards Americas to Radisson Rewards
- the elite night credits you earned from your US stay in Radisson Rewards Americas would not count towards earning or retaining status with Radisson Rewards
Luckily, Radisson properties in the Americas are generally poor and it is rare that you would want to stay in one. Sticking with the non-Americas properties which earn in Radisson Rewards is not a great hardship.
How does the new Radisson Rewards promotion work?
As a Radisson Rewards promotion, it is only valid on stays in Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. You won’t earn double points on stays outside of these regions.
Here are the headline rules:
- the promotion runs from 15th October to 19th December
- it is only valid for stays after registration, which you can do here
- existing bookings do not count
- there is no minimum stay requirement
- you earn double base points (ie an additional 20 points per $1 spent) on every stay after registration
- tier bonuses for elite members are not doubled
- you can earn up to 100,000 bonus points during the offer (which would require $5,000 of pre-tax spend, so unlikely to be a problem)
How generous is this offer?
The good news is that the double points kick in immediately (no ‘starting from your second stay’ wording, luckily) and that registration is available right until the end of the offer.
The bad news is that existing bookings do not count. You may be able to rebook any refundable rooms that you have, but double check the current prices before you do.
I value a Radisson Rewards point at 0.33p so – at 40 points per $1 – you are getting a generous rebate of 18% of your post-tax spending.
The pictures above are of the two new Radisson hotels at Heathrow which share the old Park Inn building. These are the Radisson Heathrow (review here) and the funkier Radisson RED Heathrow (review here).
You can register for ‘double points’ via this page of the Radisson website.
PS. Don’t forget the current Radisson sale
Radisson is offering a decent discount if you are prepared to book ahead for your next hotel stay in the UK and Europe.
You can save, if you are a Radisson Rewards member, 30% off the standard rate.
The snag is that you need to book by 21st October and can only stay between 30th November 2021 and 14th March 2022. Rooms must be pre-paid. That said, if you can make the dates work for you then you may have a deal.
You can find full details of the Radisson sale here.
How to earn Radisson Rewards points and status from UK credit cards (November 2021)
Radisson Rewards does not have a dedicated UK credit card. However, you can earn Radisson Rewards points by converting Membership Rewards points earned from selected UK American Express cards. These include:
- American Express Preferred Rewards Gold (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 20,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 60,000 Radisson Rewards points. This card is FREE for your first year and also comes with two free airport lounge passes.
- The Platinum Card from American Express (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 30,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 90,000 Radisson Rewards points
- American Express Rewards credit card (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 5,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 15,000 Radisson Rewards points. This card is FREE for life.
Membership Rewards points convert at 1:3 into Radisson Rewards points which is a very attractive rate. The cards above all earn 1 Membership Rewards point per £1 spent on your card, which converts to 3 Radisson Rewards points.
Even better, holders of The Platinum Card receive free Radisson Rewards Gold status for as long as they hold the card. It also comes with Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold and MeliaRewards Gold status. We reviewed American Express Platinum in detail here.
(Want to earn more hotel points? Click here to see our complete list of promotions from the major hotel chains or use the ‘Hotel Offers’ link in the menu bar at the top of the page.)