Points for concerts: see the Rolling Stones with Accor Live Limitless, new Marriott O2 events
Links on Head for Points may pay us an affiliate commission. A list of partners is here.
Two new opportunities have opened up to use your hotel points for London concert tickets:
See the Rolling Stones with Accor Live Limitless points
Accor has added VIP tickets to see the Rolling Stones in Hyde Park to its list of ‘experience’ redemptions on its dedicated website.
These events are generally decent value, given that the alternative is 2 Eurocents of free hotel stay per Accor Live Limitless point.
The only package left as of last night was 43,000 Accor points for two VIP tickets for 25th June. This gets you:
- access to the ALL Suite – a private, fully catered suite with incredible views of the famous Great Oak Stage
- dedicated entrance for terrace customers & early entry
- access to the American Express VIP Summer Garden – an exclusive area offering VIP bars, premium food outlets, additional comfortable seating, separate toilet facilities and cloakroom
You can redeem for tickets here. There is no longer an easy way of filtering for UK events from the home page on desktop so you will need to search by artist name.
Marriott Bonvoy releases tickets for more concerts at the O2 in London
Marriott has added some new events at the O2 in London to its Marriott Moments ‘experiences’ platform.
Nine new sets of concert tickets are available, all on a ‘buy it now’ basis:
- Stereophonics on 1st April (60,000 Bonvoy points for two)
- The Masked Singer Live on 3rd April (60,000 Bonvoy points for two)
- Bastille on 7th April (60,000 Bonvoy points for two)
- John Bishop on 8th April (45,000 Bonvoy points for two)
- Jeff Wayne’s War Of The Worlds on 9th April (45,000 Bonvoy points for two)
- The War On Drugs on 12th April (75,000 Bonvoy points for two)
- The Wombats on 15th April (60,000 Bonvoy points for two)
- Craig David on 17th April (60,000 Bonvoy points for two)
- Blondie on 26th April (75,000 Bonvoy points for two)
There were originally six pairs of tickets for each concert, although a few pairs have already gone. Stereophonics was down to the last two pairs as of last night.
The Marriott Bonvoy Suite at the O2 is impressive. Assuming the usual pre-covid set-up returns, there is a free hot buffet served before the concert and a free bar all night. I have been multiple times, and here is a review by Anika of how the Marriott Bonvoy suite works.
A picture of the suite is above. The only caveat is that it is a long way from the stage, so if you want to be close to the action – hard at the O2 – it isn’t the place for you. It’s better for casual fans who appreciate the ability to wander in and out of the suite at will during the evening.
If you click here you bring up all of the London events on the Marriott Moments site.
If you are more interested in football, Manchester United hospitality packages are currently available for the Norwich City game on 16th April and the Brentford game on 30th April. These are not ‘buy it now’ packages but are being auctioned.
How to earn Marriott Bonvoy points and status from UK credit cards (June 2023)
There are various ways of earning Marriott Bonvoy points from UK credit cards. Many cards also have generous sign-up bonuses.
The official Marriott Bonvoy American Express card comes with 20,000 points for signing up, 2 points for every £1 you spend and 15 elite night credits per year.
You can apply here.
Marriott Bonvoy American Express
20,000 points sign-up bonus and 15 elite night credits each year Read our full review
You can also earn Marriott Bonvoy points by converting American Express Membership Rewards points at the rate of 2:3.
Do you know that holders of The Platinum Card from American Express receive FREE Marriott Bonvoy Gold status for as long as they hold the card? It also comes with Hilton Honors Gold, Radisson Rewards Premium and MeliaRewards Gold status. We reviewed American Express Platinum in detail here and you can apply here.
SPECIAL OFFER: Until 13th June, the sign-up bonus on The Platinum Card is doubled to 60,000 Membership Rewards points (worth 90,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) – and you get £200 to spend at Amex Travel too! Apply here.
The Platinum Card from American Express
60,000 points AND a £200 Amex Travel voucher until 13th June! Read our full review
You can also earn Marriott Bonvoy points indirectly:
- American Express Gold (20,000 bonus Amex points)
- American Express Rewards Credit Card (10,000 bonus Amex points)
and for small business owners:
- American Express Business Gold (20,000 bonus Amex points)
- American Express Business Platinum (40,000 bonus Amex points)
The conversion rate from American Express to Marriott Bonvoy points is 2:3.
Click here to read our detailed summary of all UK credit cards which can be used to earn Marriott Bonvoy points.
(Want to earn more hotel points? Click here to see our complete list of promotions from the major hotel chains or use the ‘Hotel Offers’ link in the menu bar at the top of the page.)